Roster Cut Discussion

Mike

That's not really accurate unless you add in the off season acquisitions too.

Oh good. A 35 year old Korey Banks and an MLB who no one else wanted.

what about randle? willy? moore? newman? eventhough he is hurt. 

Unless a starting qb, starting cb and starting receiver isn't good enough. 

Those other guys didn't fit into my argument.

lol

The fact is, this team would be better than last year's even if the only upgrade was at QB. Randle, Moore, Cotton and hopefully Hajrullahu are all upgrades as well while Kuale is a downgrade. It all adds up to a net gain. I just think there was a lot more room for upgrades and it didn't work out. Such is life.

I agree with this, I wasn't thrilled with the kuale signing either. But i guess it's not easy finding MLB's out there. Hopefully one or 2 is brought on to the PR because i don't see Kuale being the long term solution, short term? debatable. Wonder what it would take to get bighill or elimimian out of BC. probably more then we are willing to give up but i'd love to see Bighill here especially. 

Well, I am not talking about our players that came into the league via a different team... not talking about the free-agent CFL vets (Nat'l or Int'l) we signed... and certainly not about the Nat'l players we drafted....

I am talking about the Int'l players scouted and recruited by the current scouting department. With all the bravado that we hear and read from the media (like the one we read from FreeP this morning)... showing up this kind of list is surely underwhelming.

The fact is, this team would be better than last year's even if the only upgrade was at QB. Randle, Moore, Cotton and hopefully Hajrullahu are all upgrades as well while Kuale is a downgrade. It all adds up to a net gain. I just think there was a lot more room for upgrades and it didn't work out. Such is life.

Technically no matter who we signed at MLB would be a downgrade... even if it was an INT as good as Muamba, the fact that he's not NI makes him a downgrade.... but the four guys you mentioned I think will make a big contribution to the team... and don't forget about Goossen, I think he'll have a good career eventually

Well, I am not talking about our players that came into the league via a different team... not talking about the free-agent CFL vets (Nat'l or Int'l) we signed... and certainly not about the Nat'l players we drafted....

I am talking about the Int'l players scouted and recruited by the current scouting department. With all the bravado that we hear and read from the media (like the one we read from FreeP this morning)... showing up this kind of list is surely underwhelming.

I'm curious how you can judge this based on 2 pre-season games. Obviously the coaches liked what they saw in several of them. Why not give them a chance to show what they can do when the bullets are flying for real before basically writing them off. If they aren't good, they won't be here. The guys they kept obviously showed something. Why can't we just trust that the people in charge know what they are doing? As much as i respect your guys opinions on here, you are some smart knowledgeable fans, Why do you always question everything the team does? I like playing Armchair GM too but, you can't be that naive that you actually think you know more then the people who do this for a living. 

So this team is going to suck this year? We already knew that. And there's not much more that could have been done in one off season to change that.

This is going to take a while folks. Let's sit back and hope for a gritty 6-12. Much better than a gutless 3-15.

Calgary has an oft injured drew tate and a still new to the league but pretty impressive looking bo levi mitchell. Seems to be a trend going around in the league this year. You know tate will get injured eventually, who is behind blm?

Twenty seven year old Rusty Johnson, an NFL veteran who was a late cut of the New York Giants a few weeks ago. Johnson was brought in after a week of training camp. 

Calgary has an oft injured drew tate and a still new to the league but pretty impressive looking bo levi mitchell. Seems to be a trend going around in the league this year. You know tate will get injured eventually, who is behind blm?

Twenty seven year old Rusty Johnson, an NFL veteran who was a late cut of the New York Giants a few weeks ago. Johnson was brought in after a week of training camp. 

so not much really then. 

People often say you can't buy leadership.  We did, for a late round draft pick. 

Maybe no one else wanted to pay for him, but I guarantee you a few teams were waiting at the door if he were to be released. 

I agree with this, I wasn't thrilled with the kuale signing either. But i guess it's not easy finding MLB's out there. Hopefully one or 2 is brought on to the PR because i don't see Kuale being the long term solution, short term? debatable. Wonder what it would take to get bighill or elimimian out of BC. probably more then we are willing to give up but i'd love to see Bighill here especially. 

Ian Wild looks very capable.  The solution might very well be in-house. 

People often say you can't buy leadership.  We did, for a late round draft pick. 

Maybe no one else wanted to pay for him, but I guarantee you a few teams were waiting at the door if he were to be released. 

A late round draft pick?

good point actually. I like wild, he's got a motor and he doesn't stop. Really like what he brings. 

A late round draft pick?

kito poblah but really, is that much of a loss? 

Typical Friesen garbage to end it. "Do you think you can make the playoffs"

... come on.

Not sure that was Friesen. It definitely sounds like Joe Pascucci listening to it again.

http://bluebombers.com/video/index/id/97525

it was pascucci for sure. The question i thought that was really just stupid was the "what keeps you up at night" one. Then the guy went on to try and justify the question. Who was that moron? was it wicek? which guy is bauming also? I've come to really like that guy. I'm not even sure friesen was there, i don't recall hearing him at all actually. 

Maybe Dell will stick around town for a bit?

As for Hall... nieswander showed more and he still doesn't have a team...

I think you see 10 or 11 new guys brought in to the PR, browning is one of them. The rest, i'm willing to bet they will be 1. cuts from other teams or 2. street  free agents, preferably a couple DL, LB's and Receivers. Wouldn't shock me if a guy like aisho or everett end up on the PR either. O'shea basically said that the guys who were released will not be a part of the practice roster. Some of these guys are pretty old actually, older than i thought. It makes sense that they wouldn't accept a spot on the developmental roster.

what about randle? willy? moore? newman? eventhough he is hurt. 

Unless a starting qb, starting cb and starting receiver isn't good enough. 

Can i ask you an honest question? What exactly did you expect from this regime in one off season? for them to completely over haul the team? Cuz i don't think that was likely, our main issue is our lack of non import depth, that can't and won't be fixed any time soon, that will take time through drafting. Do you think Winnipeg was high on the list of free agent destinations? We were the joke of the league last season, it's going to take some time to get rid of that reputation. You don't lose that reputation over a  few months, it's going to take a few years. We were 3-15 last season, most free agents in every sport wont sign with a team that Sucked. We sucked. It sucks that we sucked but, before going and writing this new group off, should probably give them a chance first. 

None of those excuses matter when it comes to import competition, talking rookies, not veteran CFL free agents.  99% of the time they have no say in where they end up in the CFL if they decide to pursue the CFL, they could care less about the history of the Blue Bombers.  This is the worst competition among import spots I can remember since Taman ended up running the show solo after Ritchie was fired, basically the only solid competition was at DB, and Maher was a good option too.  Import scouting and procurement is something a front office can really control, whereas the non-import issue is a longer term solution of drafting and developing.

Hopefully some of the rookie imports who made the team show us a little more when the games count.

I'm really name about him too.

He shows up all the time in good plays and moves around well.

I'm really name about him too.

He shows up all the time in good plays and moves around well.

oh i see what you did there, very nice.