QB Kolton Browning

Mike

Looks like the real thing- doesn't get happy feet in the pocket, good and quick decision-making, good arm and not afraid to run. If he can adapt to the CFL, he could be another Dunigan. Doesn't wimp out on the running plays too much.

Why do people think Marve wont accept a PR spot? Marve looked better than Max Hall and Brian Brohm. This isn't about Marve vs Hall vs Brohm, this is about Hall and Hall only. He was the worst qb by far. He DONE.  Almost seems like some are just refusing to accept how piss poorly Max Hall played, If this was based purely on pre-season and training camp, Hall was turrrible and should be sent packing. HE ABSOLUTELY SUCKED. I'd be absolutely shocked and somewhat disheartened if Max Hall made the team after the way he played in camp and in the games. Guy isn't some fresh faced rookie to the CFL, he was here last year, he sucked then and he sucks now. 

Marve was so impressive they gave him **** all for playing time in the pre-season. Look I get it, he was good that one drive in the home pre-season game, but he was very obviously behind the other guys on the depth chart and that didn't appear to change at all. He was most likely looking at a PR spot to start the year anyway so if they're bringing in a new qb the most logical place to look at who he is going to replace is the guy sitting #4 on the depth chart. 

Why do people think Marve wont accept a PR spot? Marve looked better than Max Hall and Brian Brohm. This isn't about Marve vs Hall vs Brohm, this is about Hall and Hall only. He was the worst qb by far. He DONE.  Almost seems like some are just refusing to accept how piss poorly Max Hall played, If this was based purely on pre-season and training camp, Hall was turrrible and should be sent packing. HE ABSOLUTELY SUCKED. I'd be absolutely shocked and somewhat disheartened if Max Hall made the team after the way he played in camp and in the games. Guy isn't some fresh faced rookie to the CFL, he was here last year, he sucked then and he sucks now. 

Marve was so impressive they gave him **** all for playing time in the pre-season. Look I get it, he was good that one drive in the home pre-season game, but he was very obviously behind the other guys on the depth chart and that didn't appear to change at all. He was most likely looking at a PR spot to start the year anyway so if they're bringing in a new qb the most logical place to look at who he is going to replace is the guy sitting #4 on the depth chart. 

Not necessarily... maybe the team feels Marve will develop better/faster as the 3rd stringer, actually being on the sidelines and involved in the game... maybe they like Marve as a short yardage QB.... I'm not saying it's for sure Hall is cut but the argument works both ways...

Hall outplayed Brohm in game 1.  Brohm outplayed Hall in game 2.  Neither look like CFL starters to me and I hope we don't have to use either of them this year, but I bet we will have to.  A new QB at this time of year doesn't make any sense.  6 weeks ago it would have made a lot of sense.  

I'm guessing Hall is on the way out and the new guy comes in on the PR as #4.

Kolton Browning is a very cool name.  He is my new favourite quarterback.

Scrambler, sounds like his playaction is pretty good, 3:1 TD to INT... not bad - has taken a lot of sacks, maybe he's used to playing behind a crappy OL... 

Looks like a hot-cold kind of guy...

Here's how I look at the reasons each could be cut....

Marve:

-came into camp as a long shot

-is still technically the 4th stringer

Hall:

-Is not mobile and we have a rebuilding o-line

-has not performed well in pre-season games

-plays different style than Willy, doesn't fit offense

Brohm:

-hasn't played great in pre-season (was promising against Cgy)

-doesn't have enough CFL game experience to be #2

Willy:

-just kidding, it's obviously not Willy!

So, to me, it seems like Hall is the most likely, but I wouldn't be blown away if it's Marve... FWIW I've been known to be wrong before  ;)

I predict the following:

Hall gets cut - half the posters get upset because he has CFL exp and can backup Willy if he gets injured and the other half say meh it was expected.

Brohm gets cut - half the posters say he wasn't given a fair chance and looked decent over two games. The other half say he sucked anyways.

Marve gets cut - see above

Willy gets cut - apocalypse strikes and half the Bomber fans go on a mass murder spree the other half say meh he sucked anyways...

I'm not too sold on Brohm, sure he looked better in the 2nd game but thats not saying alot and we've got a small sample size of his play. 

Hall probably gets cut but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Brohm. Or Marve for that matter. I'm cheering for Marve cause he's the most intriguing of the 3.

Obviously he was behind the other guys, he's a fresh faced fn rookie for  gods sake, why are you making so many excuses for max hall? why are you in love with mediocre to garbage players like max hall and jamie stoddard? Seriously, I like your pic tho, it explains you quite well, sheldon, always right even when he's wrong. 

Obviously he was behind the other guys, he's a fresh faced fn rookie for  gods sake, why are you making so many excuses for max hall? why are you in love with mediocre to garbage players like max hall and jamie stoddard? Seriously, I like your pic tho, it explains you quite well, sheldon, always right even when he's wrong. 

I'm not making excuses for Hall, I'm providing balance to the outright hatred many people here have for the guy. 

Walters spoke highly of Hall in the offseason, he was #2 on the depth chart throughout most of training camp, it seems a dramatic turnaround to up and cut the guy now, especially considering that he really only made one mistake in preseason, and even that some people are choosing to look at as not much of a mistake. 

Again, there are many people here who were going to hate on Hall no matter what he did just because he was a last year player.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up a second... Jamie Stoddard is a saint, no need to bring him into this fight!