QB Kolton Browning

Mike

I predict the following:

Hall gets cut - half the posters get upset because he has CFL exp and can backup Willy if he gets injured and the other half say meh it was expected.

Brohm gets cut - half the posters say he wasn't given a fair chance and looked decent over two games. The other half say he sucked anyways.

Marve gets cut - see above

Willy gets cut - apocalypse strikes and half the Bomber fans go on a mass murder spree the other half say meh he sucked anyways...

Can't you see the angry chants of "They cut my Willy. They cut my Willy.

Why do people think Marve wont accept a PR spot? Marve looked better than Max Hall and Brian Brohm. This isn't about Marve vs Hall vs Brohm, this is about Hall and Hall only. He was the worst qb by far. He DONE.  Almost seems like some are just refusing to accept how piss poorly Max Hall played, If this was based purely on pre-season and training camp, Hall was turrrible and should be sent packing. HE ABSOLUTELY SUCKED. I'd be absolutely shocked and somewhat disheartened if Max Hall made the team after the way he played in camp and in the games. Guy isn't some fresh faced rookie to the CFL, he was here last year, he sucked then and he sucks now. 

Marve was so impressive they gave him **** all for playing time in the pre-season. Look I get it, he was good that one drive in the home pre-season game, but he was very obviously behind the other guys on the depth chart and that didn't appear to change at all. He was most likely looking at a PR spot to start the year anyway so if they're bringing in a new qb the most logical place to look at who he is going to replace is the guy sitting #4 on the depth chart. 

Bang on. Great post. Marve may nor accept a PR spot. Hell, Marve may just get cut. 

Why do people think Marve wont accept a PR spot? Marve looked better than Max Hall and Brian Brohm. This isn't about Marve vs Hall vs Brohm, this is about Hall and Hall only. He was the worst qb by far. He DONE.  Almost seems like some are just refusing to accept how piss poorly Max Hall played, If this was based purely on pre-season and training camp, Hall was turrrible and should be sent packing. HE ABSOLUTELY SUCKED. I'd be absolutely shocked and somewhat disheartened if Max Hall made the team after the way he played in camp and in the games. Guy isn't some fresh faced rookie to the CFL, he was here last year, he sucked then and he sucks now. 

Marve was so impressive they gave him **** all for playing time in the pre-season. Look I get it, he was good that one drive in the home pre-season game, but he was very obviously behind the other guys on the depth chart and that didn't appear to change at all. He was most likely looking at a PR spot to start the year anyway so if they're bringing in a new qb the most logical place to look at who he is going to replace is the guy sitting #4 on the depth chart. 

Obviously he was behind the other guys, he's a fresh faced fn rookie for  gods sake, why are you making so many excuses for max hall? why are you in love with mediocre to garbage players like max hall and jamie stoddard? Seriously, I like your pic tho, it explains you quite well, sheldon, always right even when he's wrong. 

Obviously he was behind the other guys, he's a fresh faced fn rookie for  gods sake, why are you making so many excuses for max hall? why are you in love with mediocre to garbage players like max hall and jamie stoddard? Seriously, I like your pic tho, it explains you quite well, sheldon, always right even when he's wrong. 

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up a second... Jamie Stoddard is a saint, no need to bring him into this fight!

LOL. i was quite young at the time and i'll admit, i didn't mind stoddard one bit. I do admit that was kind of uncalled for. I apologize. 

I don't think anyone hates Hall... He just has no upside at all.

The noodle arm just won't work in the cfl.

For the first time in my morning big blue history, i agree with you Brandon. I don't hate Max Hall at all, Hate is such a strong word and i don't think I'd use it to describe anybody that goes out there and puts on the Blue Bombers jersey. These guys bust their asses for our entertainment and for that, they all get my respect. Injuries and all these issues these guys have later in life, I can't hate any one of them. I agree that he has no upside at all, he does have a noodle arm and his decision making at times is suspect, For a guy who is supposed to be a smart qb, Why does he keep making the bad throws at the worst possible time. The way i see it, Max Hall had last season and this pre-season to show he could get the job done and facts be damned, he just didn't get the job done. He was `1-8 as a starter and looked pretty mediocre in the pre-season. I wish Max Hall the best of luck if he is indeed released, he might not be, maybe Brohm is, Maybe Marve is. My assumption that Max Hall is released is based simply on what i saw from him last season and what i saw from him this pre-season, I'm not the guy making the cuts though, who knows but from an outsiders/fans perspective. Max Hall kind of looked like the rookie out there this pre-season, If you are going to keep Brohm, there is no point in keeping hall and vice versa, They are similar players really but Brohm seems to have a better arm and when you are making cuts, it's the little things that go a long way to determining your fate. Did Max Hall looked worse than Brohm? Did he look worse than Marve, it doesn't matter if he did or didn't, the fact is, he was our starting qb for 9 games last season and didn't actually stand out as being that much better than either of the guys we brought in. Hall should have been pushing Willy for the starters job, he didn't he was being pushed for his job, so much so that he might actually end up losing it. Why do i get the feeling though when i wake up tomorrow (thank god for days off) but why do i get the feeling that i may regret what i'm saying right now and might have to retract everything i've said about hall and eat a little bit of crow and  tell iso and 17to85 that they were right and i was wrong, if that is the case and hall isn't released, so be it. 

Gotta admit when i keep seeing his twitter handle, i wonder is that kolton browning? or is it the figure skater kurt browning.

Noticed that Ridley is high on this guy though and seems to think he fits the CFL game. Rids seems to know his stuff quite well, if he's high on the guy, that has to be a good sign. 

@K_Browning15: Headed out to the airport. Y'all will hear from me when I land in Winnipeg!

Kid hasn't even arrived here and already he has a Boulevard named after him in Westwood. Took Milt Stegall and Ken Ploen a lot longer to have that happen. Note there is no Hall Street, Brohm Blvd or Willy Way. 

True, but there are a lot of Willys in Winnipeg

I hope Browning doesn't crap the bed.

Browning is "Mr. Nothing" from "Nothingville" and his assignment to the P.R. means "nothing".  Odds are 1-100 anything comes of this.

C'mon you can do better than that.

How about "the Gunner".

Or "Poetry in motion"?

The Rifleman?

Ridley says browning is a good fit for the CFL and judging by the video, it's hard to disagree with him. He looks to have all the skills needed to be a good CFL qb. Will he be? Only time will tell, probably won't see the field anytime soon. Not a fan of people who write guys off without seeing them play first.