QB Kolton Browning

Mike

Positive note... He chose to go and give up being a QB and coach because he didn't think he could beat out our current guys.. Seemed like he had the skills to do something here and was highly regarded.. So should we consider this a good thing minus losing out on a solid prospect?

Positive note... He chose to go and give up being a QB and coach because he didn't think he could beat out our current guys.. Seemed like he had the skills to do something here and was highly regarded.. So should we consider this a good thing minus losing out on a solid prospect?

Got a source for this?

Got a source for this?

Other then being a former athlete who wouldn't give up the dream until was pretty much told I had to? No.. Making an assumption here... Obviously he wanted to play if he bothered.coming here at all.. Probably saw the guys ahead of him and then weighed the 700 a week versus whatever he's getting coaching and went where the money was knowing it would be awhile till he sees the field..

Got a source for this?

Other then being a former athlete who wouldn't give up the dream until was pretty much told I had to? No.. Making an assumption here... Obviously he wanted to play if he bothered.coming here at all.. Probably saw the guys ahead of him and then weighed the 700 a week versus whatever he's getting coaching and went where the money was knowing it would be awhile till he sees the field..

So pure speculation then. Got it. ;)

Browning tore his quad last year at ULM. He gutted it out last year and even got his running speed back to basically pre-injury levels. I was hoping that he'd be back to some form of 100% but doesn't look like it happened. I don't think it was a case of seeing Drew Willy and Brian Brohm and leaving town because Kolten's compete levels are off the chart. 

Browning tore his quad last year at ULM. He gutted it out last year and even got his running speed back to basically pre-injury levels. I was hoping that he'd be back to some form of 100% but doesn't look like it happened. I don't think it was a case of seeing Drew Willy and Brian Brohm and leaving town because Kolten's compete levels are off the chart.

Fair enough. That's too bad but maybe a year of coaching and strengthening his quad will get it back to game level and he can come back for another try..