Deal done!

I will say that the PA has done a poor job (along with the reps) of controlling the message.  Or perhaps they've done a fine job and some players are just too stupid for their own good.

Its one thing to publicly oppose your union (i oppose mine in many ways) but if you can't do so in a professional, intelligent manner, than dont bother trying.  You're only hurting yourself.

And whats with Madani?  He tweeted that a front office CFL employee called the players 'fools'.  Pretty incidiary comment to be so broadly attributed.  Could have been the janitor for all anyone knows.

arash madani just got called out by randy chevrier on twitter for basically being a troll.

I'm not convinced a guy who works for sportsnet, tsn's main competition, actually knows as much as he thinks he does.

why would players "confide" in a guy who works for sportsnet?

sportsnet rarely to never mentions the CFL. ever.

Madani reminds me of CNN, big time speculation all the time, very little facts, mostly wrong in what he thinks.

Matt Scianetti (sp??) just tweeted that sources tell him the cba will be rattified.

I'll take his word over madani's any day

Arash seems to want to just, i dunno... it seems he just wants to break a story so bad that sometimes, he tries too hard.

Arash seems to want to just, i dunno... it seems he just wants to break a story so bad that sometimes, he tries too hard.

Very true.  I like the guy...he gets excited about the CFL.  But honestly sometimes I think he is creating drama for his own sake using his twitter comments.

Madani is coming off as a serious troll right now, clearly just trying to stir the pot.

And that's why he's a terrible journalist .. too busy trying to 'create news' vs. reporting news.  I'll give him credit for being ontop of the CBA process but this just reaks of him being an attention *****.

I'm Ricky Foley, and I am signing with the BC Lions oh wait no I'm not I am signing with the Toronto Argonauts.

I'm Ricky Foley, and I am going to vote down this CBA deal and beat up an executive oh wait no I'm not I am going to vote yes.

I've always hated Ricky Foley. Such a clueless idiot. Not to mention when he attempted to take shots at Milt a couple of years ago.

I'm Ricky Foley, and I am signing with the BC Lions oh wait no I'm not I am signing with the Toronto Argonauts.

I'm Ricky Foley, and I am going to vote down this CBA deal and beat up an executive oh wait no I'm not I am going to vote yes.

I've always hated Ricky Foley. Such a clueless idiot. Not to mention when he attempted to take shots at Milt a couple of years ago.

No kidding there.  Foley is a ******.  What an idiot.  Hope he gets fined or suspended without pay for his threats.  Which I'm sure he'll say they are not threats...  He'll be in jail a year after he retires or gets cut.

He's dumber than Jovon, Hef & Bstew combined with their twitter stupidity.

@TSNScianitti: Returned from #Ticats practice, hearing #CFLPA execs are travelling to select #CFL cities not to convince but "open dialogue" with players

@Foley4Real: @TSNScianitti Just wasting more of our Union Dues...Ain't nobody in Saskatchewan wanna see them, hope they bring their own security.

@Foley4Real: I am voting YES to accept the deal & NOT strike...cause we've been backed in2 a corner & I have no confidence in our execs or legal counsel

Foley's second tweet is AFTER he realizes he's getting a $12k ratification bonus. lol

twitter really goes to show you the intelligence of some people.  Even in media, you can tell who really needs the time and editing that goes into a traditional news story.  Those that pop off without thinking are exposing themselves.  I know Lawless isnt a fan favourite around here, but how often do we post his tweets as examples of stupidity?  Never.  Because even if you dont like him when he talks, there's a lot of logic and common sense.  These clowns with their pot stirring are morons.  And the worst ones are the ones that hide behind "just playing devil's advocate" or "just stirring the pot".  If you're in media, have some class and professionalism.  When was Bob irving ever quoted for stupidity?  never.

Why would anyone want to be President of a neutered & totally useless union. Guys making fifty grand, no leverage as the players are broke. Ownership knows that so they show little respect. What a thankless job. Now, having said that, Flory promised the players the moon. Trouble is, the rocket is still on Pad 19 at Cape Canaveral.

Yep - it's useless because the league isn't really a major league. It's not the 'final destination' and 90% of players are not here for the long term. They just want to play and hone their skills for the NFL. Striking won't accomplish that. 

Guess what though, you live in Canada. The CFL is indeed the major leagues here in Canada.

I'm not sure how people fail to understand that Canada is not part of the USA.

Why is the CFL not major league? because why? your reasons are flawed, 90 percent of NFL players dont last long either.

What makes the CFL not the major leagues in the country you live in? 

The fact that Canada has like 300 ++ million less people than the USA does? 

In Canada, the CFL is as big as it gets, therefore it's a major league, just cuz its not on the same level as the NFL doesn't mean it isn't.

The NFL should change its name to the AFL because  basically its the american football league. You get it now? in Canada we got the Canadian football league.

As much as you may want to think that, the CFL is most definitely a 2nd tier league. Name me one American player who dreams of playing in the CFL. Hell, name me one Canadian player who would pick the CFL over the NFL. It's the best we have in Canada and I love it, but in no way is the the #1 football league. The major leagues are where the best players go and they don't go to the CFL.

Well said, bang on, on all points.

Exactly. I love the CFL but I know it is not truly major league. If we were major league then we'd be competing with the NFL for players but clearly we don't. It is the best we have in Canada & that is fine. 

Randy Turner being a huge troll now too.

Wish these media guys would just shut up already.

Which of his tweets today can be considered trolling? He's giving his opinion, which is pretty much his job.

I honestly can't figure out what point Turner is trying to make so I can't say if he's trolling or now.  Somehow the Bombers not making their stadium loan payment is a reason the players should have gotten more from the league? Or something? And the league isn't fragile beacause they're expanding and building new stadiums... right.  Try not building those stadiums and then will the league be fragile enough for you?

I think it says a lot about our locker room that while Foley, Mo Price and the rest of them are babbling away on Twitter about not being able to afford their groceries, our team is doing things like giving away tickets and apparel to fans.

Its starts at the top. Think its a real indication of the effect that MOS has had inside the looker room. He preaches professionalism and it looks like they are buying in.

Randy Turner being a huge troll now too.

Wish these media guys would just shut up already.

Which of his tweets today can be considered trolling? He's giving his opinion, which is pretty much his job.

I honestly can't figure out what point Turner is trying to make so I can't say if he's trolling or now. Somehow the Bombers not making their stadium loan payment is a reason the players should have gotten more from the league? Or something? And the league isn't fragile beacause they're expanding and building new stadiums... right. Try not building those stadiums and then will the league be fragile enough for you?

It's not like owners / the league are paying for those new digs either. Government funding played a big role in getting these buildings done.

I think it says a lot about our locker room that while Foley, Mo Price and the rest of them are babbling away on Twitter about not being able to afford their groceries, our team is doing things like giving away tickets and apparel to fans.

Its starts at the top. Think its a real indication of the effect that MOS has had inside the looker room. He preaches professionalism and it looks like they are buying in.

Yes, I'm not sure that last year's coach really knew what Twitter is/was.

There was a disconnect there....kinda like the difference between a rotary phone and digital.