CFL fines Mo Price

holoman

If you read Price's tweet correctly, you'd know that his comment was not homophobic.  He's stating that his faith doesn't allow him to accept what happened.  He himself has nothing against the guy.  If you read both tweets you'd know.

Now why he decided to post that at all, I have no idea.  Most of those guys are just loud mouths that like to blab a lot.

If you read Price's tweet correctly, you'd know that his comment was not homophobic. He's stating that his faith doesn't allow him to accept what happened. He himself has nothing against the guy. If you read both tweets you'd know.

Now why he decided to post that at all, I have no idea. Most of those guys are just loud mouths that like to blab a lot.

Ah the classic, "I'm not a racist, bigot, sexist, homophob etc because of my religion!"

Sorry, no can do. The tweets were 100% homophobic in nature and offensive. Intentionally? Maybe not, but that's no excuse.

Nope I'm sorry, he's a homophobe. Thousands upon thousands of Christians across the world can reconcile their religious beliefs and homosexuality with tolerance. And if they can't do that, the sensible ones at the very least keep their traps shut about it.

Just like Donald Sterling makes him self look like more of a racist by saying 'I'm not a racist', so too do homophobes by claiming they are not homophobes... especially after they come out and say something as ignorant as Mo Price did. He has shown his true colors; he can't turn around and blame his ignorance on his imaginary friend.

If you read Price's tweet correctly, you'd know that his comment was not homophobic.  He's stating that his faith doesn't allow him to accept what happened.  He himself has nothing against the guy.  If you read both tweets you'd know.

Now why he decided to post that at all, I have no idea.  Most of those guys are just loud mouths that like to blab a lot.

Good God.  Come on.  You're smarter than that.  "I dont hate you, just the way you were born".  Its like KKK who now like the "We don't hate black people, we just love white people" BS.

Price is the worst kind of coward.  He's just religious enough to know his hick opinion is in the bible but too stupid to realise the bible is the worst source for supporting an opinion like this.  And, worst kind of coward because he cant even own his opinion fully.

Imagine if, in 2014, he tweeted "nothing personal.  I like you as a person but my faith doesn't allow me to support black people (or women, or whatever)".  Its the same thing.  This is the human rights cause of our time like equal rights for minorities and women were previously.

Should have cut him.

Good God.  Come on.  You're smarter than that.  "I dont hate you, just the way you were born".  Its like KKK who now like the "We don't hate black people, we just love white people" BS.

Price is the worst kind of coward.  He's just religious enough to know his hick opinion is in the bible but too stupid to realise the bible is the worst source for supporting an opinion like this.  And, worst kind of coward because he cant even own his opinion fully.

Imagine if, in 2014, he tweeted "nothing personal.  I like you as a person but my faith doesn't allow me to support black people (or women, or whatever)".  Its the same thing.  This is the human rights cause of our time like equal rights for minorities and women were previously.

Should have cut him.

My guess is that's what the Stampeder organization is presently considering as one of it's options in how they will handle it 'internally'.

Those are the worst kind of people. Christians are supposed to follow the teaching of Jesus Christ and all that guy ever taught was tolerance and love thy fellow man and judge not lest ye be judged. The fact that these people actually hide behind a couple passages from the old testament shows that they have absolutely 0 understanding about the religion they claim to follow. They're just bigots trying to make themselves feel less guilty about being completely intolerant ass hats. 

hate saying this but if the stamps cut mo price, i hope the bombers make a call to him, so he said something on twitter, and yeah it was pretty homophobic but... he's a darn good football player. 

Moore,Price,Denmark. <-- thats sick. 

hate saying this but if the stamps cut mo price, i hope the bombers make a call to him, so he said something on twitter, and yeah it was pretty homophobic but... he's a darn good football player. 

And I hate to agree, but here we are  :lol:

And I hate to agree, but here we are  :lol:

Same reason I voiced on the Lapolice thread, bringing Price here would not happen if indeed our new regime are true to their words when it comes to leadership, culture etc. 

i dunno, sure what he said was pretty homophobic but you guys are being pretty naive if you can't admit that none of you have ever said or done something stupid. I mean really, maybe its just me and my friends but i doubt it, but... calling each other "gay" has been going on for years, man thats "so gay".

whats the difference? the difference is we dont have thousands of followers on twitter or facebook or whatever else.

I have a hard time black balling a guy for having an opinion, is this what the world has come too? You can't have a different opinion than someone else?

And again in the dont want to say it category, not saying i agree with what he said but you can bet your butt that lots of people do.

I just dont like the idea of not brining in a talented player because he said something silly on twitter, even though lots of people im sure agree with him. Again, not saying i agree with what he said, but... he has the right to say it. 

i dunno, sure what he said was pretty homophobic but you guys are being pretty naive if you can't admit that none of you have ever said or done something stupid. I mean really, maybe its just me and my friends but i doubt it, but... calling each other "gay" has been going on for years, man thats "so gay".

whats the difference? the difference is we dont have thousands of followers on twitter or facebook or whatever else.

I have a hard time black balling a guy for having an opinion, is this what the world has come too? You can't have a different opinion than someone else?

And again in the dont want to say it category, not saying i agree with what he said but you can bet your butt that lots of people do.

I just dont like the idea of not brining in a talented player because he said something silly on twitter, even though lots of people im sure agree with him. Again, not saying i agree with what he said, but... he has the right to say it. 

So, where you draw the line? What if I decided that left-handed people were evil? At one time they were considered so- "sinister" means left-handed. Or if I thought that Lithuanians were sub-human?

That is the difference though. In the comfort of your own home, you are not a role model for thousands of children. On the field, playing under the lights, you are. On Twitter, where thousands can see what you have to say, you are.

This is professional sports... as in, be a professional. Think what you want, just don't say it.

The whole freedom of speech thing is skewed too... sure, you can say what you want, but there are guidelines and a code of conduct that you have to follow set out by the league. Every player knows that.

Maurice Price, Bryant Turner and Arland Bruce aren't the only guys who think these things. Correct. The rest of them have the discretion to not say it out loud.

You almost had me.  Your "everyone makes mistakes and deserves forgiveness" idea was interesting.  Then you went off in a "guy cant have a different opinion" BS.

No, he cant have a different opinion if that opinion fosters hate or is racist, sexist or intolerant.  Sure you *can* have that opinion but you cant get upset when people ridicule you for it.

It's 2014.  Being gay is not a choice.  being homophobic is not acceptable.  And regardless of whether people use "thats gay" (they shouldnt), thats a far cry from a guy expressing his distaste with the orientation of another person.  And the fact he, as a public person, has many followers and thus his backwards hick opinion reaches more people only makes what he did that much stupider.

So to summarize: 2014 + homophobic BS = ignorant loser.

The problem in our society today is: each has their OWN STANDARD of what is RIGHT and what is WRONG.

What is RIGHT to one person might be WRONG to others.

What is WRONG to one person might be RIGHT to others.

In some cases, WRONG will be RIGHT, IF MAJORITY of people does agrees with it.

In some cases, RIGHT will be WRONG, IF MAJORITY of people are offended by it.

The problem in our society today is: each has their OWN STANDARD of what is RIGHT and what is WRONG.

So in other words... The world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you may not be right for some?

Not everything is open to interpretation.  Some rights and wrongs are black and white.

in 2014, we know people dont choose to be gay.  And thats still the basis for a lot of the religious buffonery.  A moderator of another forum I argued with about this actually professed his believe that being gay is a choice.  I assume thats how he reconciles that being gay is against God but God made people gay...well, in his mind God made everyone straight and the evil gay people choose that orientation.  We know thats not the case.  So its black and white.