is anyone getting "that" feeling with Henry Burris...

Mr. Perfect

I'm to the point where I would be calling Taman to swing some sort of deal to get Willy and tell Hank to **** himself. Part of the deal with the Riders would be that the Bombers continuing to negotiate with Burris so Edm ends up paying and arm and leg for him. Bombers can then sign Willy and use the extra $$$ on signing some of the bigger name FA.

Would LOVE this.

Man, I hope Hank signs this afternoon to stop this discussion.

but what if Burris signs elsewhere ????

I can tell you what will be discussed. That pro sports is results oriented & we're not getting the results. That Walters can't sign players. That we are run by inexperienced people at nearly every  management & coaching position. That we didn't hire people with enough connections. That we only hire friends. That while the name change, everything still stays the same. It will not be good. That's what will be talked about if Walters & Miller don't sign  Hank. It won't be complimentary. 

Before anyone starts coming after me, I'm not saying that's how I feel. I'm saying that is what I think is going to happen if we keep losing out on players...

I'm to the point where I would be calling Taman to swing some sort of deal to get Willy and tell Hank to **** himself. Part of the deal with the Riders would be that the Bombers continuing to negotiate with Burris so Edm ends up paying and arm and leg for him. Bombers can then sign Willy and use the extra $$$ on signing some of the bigger name FA.

That's a great premise but we're too nice. We're the team that eats sand. We don't kick it. 

That's a great premise but we're too nice. We're the team that eats sand. We don't kick it.

This is why fans don't make the decisions.

Burris is going to be a Bomber. It's simply a matter of making everything make sense, which isn't easy when you're talking as many $$$ as you are with Hank.

Not to mention, they're not going to announce it until he's flown into Winnipeg for a press conference.

lol @ Nieswander....oi vey, some people....

But I've heard of him before!!! And he was in Montreal, every player they have is great!

And he had more success then Hall, Goltz and Elliott and whoever else you want to start for our team...

He won 3 POW's?!?!

His first two starts were disasters, lost the gig to Marsh.  Marsh got knocked out with the elbow injury, took over again,  2 awful starts, 2 good ones, 1 so-so Troy Smith takes over.

I don't know how anyone who watched him play would rate him as good, or even a guy who has potential to be good.  His arm is BRUTAL.

The only QB's who started last season that had worse QB ratings were Goltz and Marsh.

Might as well give Hank the money because if we don't sign him Willy will have us over a barrel and we'll just end up giving him whatever he wants anyway.  

If we lose out on trading for Glenn. signing Collaros, and signing Hank we'll practically have no choice but to back up the Brinks truck for Drew.  

Imagine if the dust settles on all these QB moves and at the end of it all our QB's are Max Hall and Justin Goltz?  Better board up the windows on Ken Ploen Drive.  (or is it Way?)

Imagine if the dust settles on all these QB moves and at the end of it all our QB's are Max Hall and Justin Goltz?  Better board up the windows on Ken Ploen Drive.  (or is it Way?)

This had crossed my mind a few times over the last couple days...it really would be our luck.

This had crossed my mind a few times over the last couple days...it really would be our luck.

For the sake of the long term health of this franchise, this absolutely cannot happen...and it won't.

One, or both, of Hank and Willy will end up here.

Believe!

We need something good to happen to us, in the worst way...

Um..I'd prefer if you hadn't worded it quite that way...

Ha ha...was trying to be poetic, but yeah...let's not put that negativity out in the universe ;)

When was the last time a team signed and had a press conference on a Weekend.... specially Superbowl weekend!???

Speaking of the Super Bowl, Burris is hosting a Super Bowl party at a Calgary restaurant so he wouldn't be able to fly here until late Sunday night or Monday morning at the earliest.

The Free Press article said the Burris camp recently spoke with Montreal's Jim Popp. I know Popp is at the Super Bowl, so maybe they're waiting for Popp to return so he has an opportunity to counter offer the Bombers offer.

The article also says Burris is looking for a raise from last years $300k salary.

Honestly if this team loses out on Burris or Willy, it will just go to show how badly this organization is perceived. Having Goltz or Hall as the starter for this upcoming season is just going to be depressing. I also still wonder if Ottawa feels that they're set at QB, I could see them going after Willy. Edmonton or Montreal to a degree makes sense for Hank, while I don't see either of them guaranteeing him the top spot, I could see both paying Burris what he feels he deserves.