Collaros Released, Signs With Hamilton

Jpan85

I love the experts (including some here) who went from guaranteeing ZC was our starter to Burris is our starter.  Some people are never wrong even when they're wrong.

But so what about this?  Mike claims Zach didnt sign here because of our reputation.  I find that dubious considering none of the people from the last few years are year anymore.  Sounds stupid to me.  The better answer is Hamilton valued him more than the Bombers.

Burris is a great QB so hopefully we land him.

Until we know what offers were made by each team, I think that the bolded is statement is just speculation.  If the Bombers were outbid, then I'd really be pissed off.

Surprise Surprise!  The bombers blow another chance to get a good young up and coming QB that has shown great promise.  We are a giant joke of a franchise still.  Yay, way to go with our 3 rookies running our team.

Miller sure has delivered...nothing at all that is...

I'm glad I cancelled my waste of money tickets on this loser franchise

word is that Bombers and Ticats both put "starter" money out there for Collaros.  What more could the Bombers do?  Like other posters here, I think our reputation swayed him, not the $$$.

That's all fine and good, but we still blew another opportunity.  I don' t care what the reason is/was whatever...

I love the experts (including some here) who went from guaranteeing ZC was our starter to Burris is our starter.  Some people are never wrong even when they're wrong.

But so what about this?  Mike claims Zach didnt sign here because of our reputation.  I find that dubious considering none of the people from the last few years are year anymore.  Sounds stupid to me.  The better answer is Hamilton valued him more than the Bombers.

Burris is a great QB so hopefully we land him.

Until we know what offers were made by each team, I think that the bolded is statement is just speculation.  If the Bombers were outbid, then I'd really be pissed off.

ofcourse it is.  But so is every other "reason".  There are lots of reasons players who are FREE AGENTS choose where they play.  Money, opportunity, coaches, management, location, family etc

Surprise Surprise!  The bombers blow another chance to get a good young up and coming QB that has shown great promise.  We are a giant joke of a franchise still.  Yay, way to go with our 3 rookies running our team.

word is that Bombers and Ticats both put "starter" money out there for Collaros.  What more could the Bombers do?  Like other posters here, I think our reputation swayed him, not the $$$.

That's all fine and good, but we still blew another opportunity.  I don' t care what the reason is/was whatever...

Come on, there are plenty of factors in play here.  If the bombers were outbid I'd be upset but if he chose the Ticats and the Bombers did everything they could, what more can you ask.

The thought of the 2013 Bombers featuring MB as OC, Etch as DC and Henry F%*$^ Burris as our starter, after having essentially a clean slate and a pile of cash to work with, is incredibly, unbelievably depressing.  

Yeah, a good OC and a great QB are sure depressing me too.  But such is the norm around these parts.

The thought of the 2013 Bombers featuring MB as OC, Etch as DC and Henry F%*$^ Burris as our starter, after having essentially a clean slate and a pile of cash to work with, is incredibly, unbelievably depressing.  

I would have to agree with this sentiment. Yesh!  It's tough being a Bomber fan these days...

I believe you meant to say 2014.

I hear yah on this one, what started off with a glimmer of hope (O'Shea hiring) has now turned into a bit of a nightmare.

Drew Edwards said the Bombers offered more money.

Interesting ... More guaranteed money ?

Probably more guaranteed money.  PBBs probably were a factor, including numbers of games played/won, which is where I see that Austin might have played that up to his benefit.  

Collaros, the former Toronto Argonauts backup, agreed to terms with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats Thursday morning. It’s believed the contract is in the $250,000 range with the usual CFL quarterback incentives.

The Bombers were also in the running for Collaros, but their attention over the off-season has gradually moved to focus more on Burris, a proven CFL quarterback who would give the much -maligned Blue and Gold a chance to win more games this season. Collaros, on the other hand, has just seven career starts.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/01/30/bombers-lose-out-on-signing-qb-zach-collaros

Come on, there are plenty of factors in play here.  If the bombers were outbid I'd be upset but if he chose the Ticats and the Bombers did everything they could, what more can you ask.

That's fine for you to think that way and I have no problem with that reasoning, but... we still FAILED again and this fan is sick of it.

Signing Burris seems to be a fore-gone conclusion. Reminds me of 1988 when we signed a washed up Roy Dewalt to be our starter as the era of Clements/Hufnagel had finally come to an end. I couldn't stand Dewalt given how many times BC had beaten us and I really couldn't stand seeing him in our uniform. The difference is that Dewalt was washed up by the time he came here and ended up being released during the season, while I think Burris is still able to compete. I was at the game in August where Hank thrashed us and man did he still have a gun for an arm. It's just the brain I am concerned with, he has a tendency to screw up at the worst possible times. You could see how fed up Austin was with some of Hank's bad plays during last season. And he can be a complete jack-arse and not much of a team guy, at least that's what it appears sometimes, maybe that's just a bum rap I don't know. But if he wins for us, all that will be forgotten. I'm just so tired of losing. Beyond tired.

Collaros, the former Toronto Argonauts backup, agreed to terms with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats Thursday morning. It’s believed the contract is in the $250,000 range with the usual CFL quarterback incentives.

The Bombers were also in the running for Collaros, but their attention over the off-season has gradually moved to focus more on Burris, a proven CFL quarterback who would give the much -maligned Blue and Gold a chance to win more games this season. Collaros, on the other hand, has just seven career starts.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/01/30/bombers-lose-out-on-signing-qb-zach-collaros

I can't argue too much with the logic here. It's a lot like Reilly last year - small sample size, hard to justify gambling the entire year on an unproven guy. I guess we'll see how it goes. Reilly turned out to be a good QB but still ended up losing a lot of games and taking a severe pummelling.

That's fine for you to think that way and I have no problem with that reasoning, but... we still FAILED again and this fan is sick of it.

i don't blame you there.  the constant negative results on and off the field is certainly hard on fans.

At least this year the Plan B option is not Buck. Very lucky to have 3 guys available this year.

This is exactly how I feel.

It sucks that we didn't get him but I'm way happier with our options that are left over.

I don't care what 17 says Burris is a huge improvement over anyone we have had recently and he is durable and can provide some stability for the next two years as this club tries to get out of the gutter.

Willy is also a nice option to go with also and has as much upside as Collaros.

Its not the end of the world.

Heck you can spin negatives on Collaros with his throwing mechanics and him being a fast starter and slow finisher.

As long as we dump Boltus and get Willy or Burris then this will be good.