Penton: Burris likely headed to Winnipeg?

gbill2004

@DarrinBauming: Henry Burris: “I would definitely go to Winnipeg – I just want to somewhere I'm wanted.." via/ @scratchingpost #Bombers

Roughly translated "I'm desperate, I'll play anywhere I have a spot!"

17, just what are you going to do if Burris does sign here? I'm kinda curious to know because you hate him so much.

Its really sad how much hate he has for him.. He does nothing but win. ****** canoe or not...

he wins in the summer... other than that no, seriously did you just call Burris a winner? After all those really good Calgary teams that he did SFA with? Head outta the ass SPuds. 

@DarrinBauming: Henry Burris: “I would definitely go to Winnipeg – I just want to somewhere I'm wanted.." via/ @scratchingpost #Bombers

Roughly translated "I'm desperate, I'll play anywhere I have a spot!"

17, just what are you going to do if Burris does sign here? I'm kinda curious to know because you hate him so much.

I have no idea, I quite frankly don't want to think about it. 

Its really sad how much hate he has for him.. He does nothing but win. ****** canoe or not...

he wins in the summer... other than that no, seriously did you just call Burris a winner? After all those really good Calgary teams that he did SFA with? Head outta the ass SPuds.

I haven't followed his career as closely as you have with your oddly obsessive vendetta but has he had a piss poor season like we have had? I don't seem to recall a year where he wasn't at least .500

I don't seem to recall a year where he wasn't at least .500

You have to look all the way back to 2012.

Riders were 5-11-1 in 2000

Riders were 11-7 in 2003 (Burris came back at Labour day or around that time)

Riders were 9-9 in 2004

Stamps were 11-7 in 2005

Stamps were 10-8 in 2006

Stamps were 7-10-1 in 2007

Stamps were 13-5 in 2008 Grey Cup year

Stamps were 10-7-1 in 2009

Stamps were 13-5 in 2010

Stamps were 11-7 in 2011

Tiger Cats were 6-12 in 2012

Tiger Cats were 10-8 in 2013

Yea yeah ya.. Iike I said, I didn't follow him that closely to bother remembering that.. Was that the only one?

IIRC, that was the year Burris probably would have won MOP had his team actually won games.  He a QB rating of 104.4, 5300 yards passing, 43 TDs to 18 interceptions.  Wasn't it Marshall's defence there that stunk up the joint? 

Yea yeah ya.. Iike I said, I didn't follow him that closely to bother remembering that.. Was that the only one?

IIRC, that was the year Burris probably would have won MOP had his team actually won games.  He a QB rating of 104.4, 5300 yards passing, 43 TDs to 18 interceptions.  Wasn't it Marshall's defence there that stunk up the joint? 

Creehan's, who of course we took the next year and look what happened.

I'm a huge fan of Burris coming to Winnipeg. Get him and Willy but if its between him or Willy take BUrris for god sakes. We need a real QB and we need one now. He was the passing leader by a wide margin last year; I'm tired of these non pro QB's throwing air balls up.

It would also be nice to go into a season with a qb who is not injury prone.   

Maybe we could trade Jade Etienne for Willy?

Or we can wait until he's officially a free agent in 2 weeks?

Playing the waiting game has not worked well for us lately. Kinda reminds me of that old poster of two vultures perched on a tree in a desert, with one saying to the other "Patience my a$$. I'm going to go kill something."