Penton: Burris likely headed to Winnipeg?

gbill2004

The last thing we need is a QB approaching 40.

No, the last thing we need is another bad qb. Burris is pretty good, so signing him would avoid that problem for at least a year or two.

Agreed, so long as the Bombers bring in the QB of the future that will start within a next year or two, there's theoretically not much wrong with bringing Burris in.

Bad Hank is a bit of a different story though, we should avoid that guy.

Just say no to Burris. Biggest piece of **** in all sports.

But if Collaros choses Hamilton then what do we do? Go with Willy and Hall this year? I can't stand Burris either but the one thing I can't stand even more is losing.

In all honesty, I would rather go through another year like last year than cheer for Burris. 

But if Collaros choses Hamilton then what do we do? Go with Willy and Hall this year? I can't stand Burris either but the one thing I can't stand even more is losing.

In all honesty, I would rather go through another year like last year than cheer for Burris. 

You & nobody else.

Instead of some other team screwing around & beating us to the punch again, just go out & sign Collaros. Pay the guy to come here. Match & better the offer from Hamilton. If the Bombers want Collaros, then ffs go after him & get it done. So sick of this **** where we lose the players we want because we don't pay. Hank will expect starter money here like $400,000 a year so how is  signing him any cheaper? 

Instead of some other team screwing around & beating us to the punch again, just go out & sign Collaros. Pay the guy to come here. Match & better the offer from Hamilton. If the Bombers want Collaros, then ffs go after him & get it done. So sick of this **** where we lose the players we want because we don't pay. Hank will expect starter money here like $400,000 a year so how is  signing him any cheaper? 

I don't necessarily think that's true. Where's his leverage?

His payday will be far south of $400k.  Especially when his current team doesn't even want to make him a contract offer. Not even one to get the talks going.  

A starter salary in the CFL for a guy of his experience will be a huge chunk of the salary cap. You think we'll pick him up for $150,000? Not a chance. If the Bombers sign him it won't be for chump change even if you think he has no leverage. I don't think that's how this team does business anymore. As I said, they'll pay him for what befits a guy of his experience should make. Whether that's $300, 350 or $400,000 a year. So, therefore I don't t see the advantage of not going out & making sure we sign Collaros instead of meekly going, "Oh, okay... well we can't match that. Good luck in Hamilton" To me, if the Bombers want to quit  being laughed at & disrespected by other coaches, media & fans in the CFL they have to grow a set & go out & make a splash & get the job done here.

A starter salary in the CFL for a guy of his experience will be a huge chunk of the salary cap. You think we'll pick him up for $150,000? Not a chance. If the Bombers sign him it won't be for chump change even if you think he has no leverage. As I said, they'll pay him for what befits a guy of his experience should make.

Why? Because you say so? lol

I don't get why you feel like when someone else has a point they're making, you're the first one to demand source materials or some kind of proof but you just think it's okay that your argument can be "because I say so"

Burris isn't hitting free agency because he's a hot commodity that will instigate a bidding war. If he hits free agency, it's because the team that had him doesn't want him. It's the same as with any player who is declined an offer by their old team. They don't hit the open market with much, if any, leverage to command whatever they want.

Burris is going to be a free agent because Hufnagel and Austin have got tired of his ****, that should be a giant red flag to everyone. When those guys don't want to work with a qb, come on. Not to mention the fact that when the weather gets cold or there's any kind of adversity Burris is horrible and starts pouting and blaming everyone but himself. Just say no to Burris. 

Put your angst on the shelf for a second and just really think about what you just typed there.  No one says you have to cheer for Burris.  Cheer for the team.

Plus, Burris > Status Quo

Oh trust me I have thought about it, and Burris in a Bomber jersey is a nightmare. It would make it very very hard to cheer for the team so I'd rather go through a shitty season where I know I can cheer for them than have to endure Burris in that jersey. Yes I hate Burris that much. 

Obviously this vendetta is something you're adamant on maintaining.  For your sake though, I hope that you can see past it if this ever does come to fruition.  

You know what, Mike? You're always right & I'm always wrong when it comes to football so from now on I'll just go with whatever you say. I don't know **** when it comes to you,  man, How could I have thought what I thought? You're the Alpha Male around here. Sorry, I upset you. You want me to clear all my messages  with you first before I post them?

You know what, Mike? You're always right & I'm always wrong when it comes to football so from now on I'll just go with whatever you say. I don't know **** when it comes to you,  man, How could I have thought what I thought? You're the Alpha Male around here. Sorry, I upset you. You want me to clear all my messages  with you first before I post them?

Or you could just, you know ... not be such a whiner when someone replies to your strongly worded opinion with strong words.

And now the tension between the 2 of you has been released.

You know what, Mike? You're always right & I'm always wrong when it comes to football so from now on I'll just go with whatever you say. I don't know **** when it comes to you, man, How could I have thought what I thought? You're the Alpha Male around here. Sorry, I upset you. You want me to clear all my messages with you first before I post them?

And now the tension between the 2 of you has been released.

Where was it released?

When you talk hard figures, you should expect to be challenged, especially when you are trying to say it as if it is a fact.  There is no right or wrong here.  People are just trying to give their best guesses to what they think.  In the end, no one really knows what players make anyways,  Try not to take it personally and back up your opinions as much as you can.

When you talk hard figures, you should expect to be challenged, especially when you are trying to say it as if it is a fact.  There is no right or wrong here.  People are just trying to give their best guesses to what they think.  In the end, no one really knows what players make anyways,  Try not to take it personally and back up your opinions as much as you can.

You know, I agree with you. I just don't think that Burris will take a huge pay cut because I believe the Bombers will pay him similar to what he was being paid before because of his veteran status. As far as giving money figures, we all know approximately what he gets paid, so why the need to debate figures? It is what it is.

Or you could just, you know ... not be such a whiner when someone replies to your strongly worded opinion with strong words.

Whiner? Whatever you think, dude, You don't reply. Look in a mirror before you criticize anyone else.