Depth Chart Vs. Hamilton

Atomic

QB's better watch themselves.  Not a lot of experience on that OL.  Left side in particular... should be interesting to see how they hold up.

Looks like Parker has the WILL spot locked up.  Brown vs. Wild for the 4-man/practice roster role that Parker filled last year as depth.

Last chance for some rookie DBs to make an impression.  Markett is leading the way as we know but I've also liked Bert Brown, eager to see if he can step his game up.  Huge opportunity for some of the young receivers who will get to play almost the entire game.

One of the new DE's better step up too, need someone to definitively grab that DI spot.  One thing is for sure, none of these guys will be able to say they didn't get a fair shot, they'll all have ample time to make an impression.

one way or the other this is going to be a damned fascinating game to follow. Rookies can't ask for a better chance to show that they belong cause they're going to get a ton of playing time.

Only 42 men on that roster.  This will be a full game for a bunch of these guys.  

man :unsure: i just hope we comes out of this game with no injuries at all especially in QB. i expect Goltz to have a rough start but hopefully he and the OL settles down after a few snaps.

first thing i thought of when i saw that DC.

this could be the start of something ugly.   :wacko:  

Holy smokes we are keeping a lot of guys at home! simpson not making the trip? meaning he has locked up starting rb? man I wish this was televised

Was there really any doubt? Simpson is and has been the best RB on this team since we signed him.

I also wish this game was on tv. I'd like to see how Adams does, and Brown at WIL.

Settle down everyone.  Burke said Pencer has a shot at winning a tackle spot, not a starting tackle spot.  Remember that we usually carry 3 import tackles on the roster.  This just means Pencer could take that backup tackle position.  Highly doubt he's in the mix as a starter.

Definately going to be looking forward to checking out these new guys via bob Irving and highlights.

I got the impression Marshall was going to be in the running for SAM. I guess he wasn't good there? Anybody know how he's been doing so far?

I don't believe I have ever seen a coach committing to so many rookies and leaving so many rookies behind.

It's either bold or crazy or both.

Inspired by this, I've taken the unusual position of assigning a rookie radio listener to listen to the play by play.

I'm looking forward to his assessment.

I don't see what's wrong with doing this....  good way to evaluate the new talent. 

The reason you don't see this happening so much is because most teams are not loaded with rookies and actually have vets and vet depths...

Now if we want to look at it through conspiracy goggles....  maybe  Burke is doing this to give an excuse and to prevent the media for blasting him after 2 huge blowout exhibition losts where we couldn't put any points on the board.   :ph34r:  :ph34r:   

The reason you don't see this happening so much is because most teams are not loaded with rookies and actually have vets and vet depths...

That has very little to do with it IMO. It doesn't matter if you don't have rookies you still have unproven backups. Still an opportunity to evaluate the guys who don't get a lot of game reps.

Neat idea... kind of concerned about shattering Goltz's confidence or Goltz himself though... probably would have stuck with our A-list OL if we are testing out QBs.

That LB lineup is, um, yikes.  Hard to believe that Labbe really is still our only option if Muamba goes down.

Receivers look good.

Would be nice to see Thomas or Lucas really stand out.

I'd prefer they'd start prepping the starters for the first game of the season. With just 2 pre season games now, rookies have to impress in practice. Dammit, Buck should be playing. If he can't take the hits, I'd rather it be now than when the season starts.... We're playing scared at the qb position.... Don't like it one bit.