Free Agency Day - Non-Bombers CFL News

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Good deal for the Argos! 

I'd say fair market value, in line with what we paid the GOAT before this season. Sask blowing their brains out for Yoshi is just a stupid pay and everyone knew it. It didn't set the market.

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

good thing for yosh the Rider jumped the gun there....probably pocketed an extra 40k in salary if Allen had signed first...classic baffoonery from Oday....

At some point fans in regina are gonna get sick of him. I just don't know how much more it will take. His moves have mostly been face palm. Jeremy Oy'vey or Ov'rpay

8 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Lions signed Dolegala yesterday.

https://www.si.com/cfl/fannation/news/bc-lions-sign-contract-former-saskatchewan-roughriders-jake-dolegala?utm_source=reddit.com

I'm in the "maybe he's got upside?" camp so I think this is a decent signing for them.

I am skeptical about how much upside he has. He's tall, that's about all he has for notable skills. Not an overly strong arm, not overly accurate, not super mobile... not sure what he does well enough to think he's got any upside. 

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am skeptical about how much upside he has. He's tall, that's about all he has for notable skills. Not an overly strong arm, not overly accurate, not super mobile... not sure what he does well enough to think he's got any upside. 

Interchangeable with corny imo. Not likely to be more than a qb2 but some chance with great coaching and a good offence of maybe taking a step. 

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Arm is exceptional.  Accuracy isn't there, pocket presence isn't there.  Not a guy you mind standing on the sideline because he can win games running a normal offense.  But I don't see anyone being more than .500 with him starting.

13 hours ago, Geebrr said:

His arm didn’t look that exceptional. 

Michael Bishop’s arm was exceptional. 

He has a big arm. Not Michael Bishop big but he can throw it. Not that it means anything though if you can't make the right reads or deliver it with accuracy.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

He has a big arm. Not Michael Bishop big but he can throw it. Not that it means anything though if you can't make the right reads or deliver it with accuracy.

It didn’t look anything more than above average. 

Not exceptional. 

The rest I agree with. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Bishop had an 11 out of 10 arm though. Every one in the league today has less arm then him. 

He doesn’t have Mike Reilly arm strength or Henry Burris arm strength or maybe even Jason Maas arm strength from anything I saw. 

Exceptional means a lot better not a little over average to me. 

Dolegala can throwit deep...but not with any authority...long arching soft tosses....so easy to adjust and would be a interception machine...Unless he has 3 Lawlers/Gino Lewis's and push off Rhymes to win the floater battle...same deep ball as the Faj...just that he can get it downfield a lot further

was a reason he couldn't stick in the NFL with his height

He also has been poorly coached and holds the ball in the pocket, and when moving around trying to move his launch point in a really poor position and will be a fumble machine as well and be strip sacked a ton

Edited by Booch

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Dolegala can throwit deep...but not with any authority...long arching soft tosses....so easy to adjust and would be a interception machine...Unless he has 3 Lawlers/Gino Lewis's and push off Rhymes to win the floater battle...same deep ball as the Faj...just that he can get it downfield a lot further

was a reason he couldn't stick in the NFL with his height

He also has been poorly coached and holds the ball in the pocket, and when moving around trying to move his launch point in a really poor position and will be a fumble machine as well and be strip sacked a ton

That's it right there. He can get it deep it just takes a while to get there. 

14 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Bishop had worlds more arm strength than any of those guys. 

He did , but the point was to expand the criteria of exceptional outside of a “11/10” and he isn’t in their group either. 

I am the one who brought up Bishop as having an exceptional arm. 

He doesn’t have Dunigan’s arm, McManus’ arm. 

Those are exceptional arm strengths. 

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Accuracy not so much.

We weren’t talking accuracy. 

Quite frankly he has a long wind up as well. 

Heavy balls Cornelius probably had better arm strength.