Free Agency Day - Non-Bombers CFL News

Feel the love.... boy this site allows a lot of personal attacks and insults. 

At the end of the day are we not all CFL fans and mostly on here all Bomber fans...opinions are just that and thankfully we are still allowed to express varying ones......thank a soldier

At any rate Carey to T.O is a good pick-up by them, if he came at a decent dollar. If he is healthy behind one of the best O-lines in the league he could do really well.

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But also an Argo fan so that alone is worthy of derision,  pity and drive by pot shots.

Yes, I don't even believe Bluto would want to be coddled like a Faberge egg. He knows where he is posting. No different than how Bomber fans are met at opposing forums.

14 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Rhymes tried to fight two guys after the game. He tried to get in our locker room if I recall. 

He has an attitude problem. 

Nope that's all just fiction that I created. Never happened. He is an awesome team guy. I was just putting out a completely unsupported by fact narrative about him. His parking lot and post game antics are just him being misunderstood. His attitude and conduct are beyond reproach and had zero impact on why he is no longer a Lions player.

Edited by GCn20

9 minutes ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

Feel the love.... boy this site allows a lot of personal attacks and insults. 

At the end of the day are we not all CFL fans and mostly on here all Bomber fans...opinions are just that and thankfully we are still allowed to express varying ones......thank a soldier

At any rate Carey to T.O is a good pick-up by them, if he came at a decent dollar. If he is healthy behind one of the best O-lines in the league he could do really well.

It's a nice break from my attacks...tho I expect many more....hahaha...I enjoy it to be honest....makes me laugh during a long work day...of working 

Just now, Booch said:

It's a nice break from my attacks...tho I expect many more....hahaha...I enjoy it to be honest....makes me laugh during a long work day...of working 

If you were around this morning you probably would have got some too. lol

Just now, GCn20 said:

If you were around this morning you probably would have got some too. lol

I'm always around....u just dont realize it! I have flexable work sched and where I do it from.....so basically am online most of any given day...that being said...Our roster usage blows....better be rectified this yr!!!    Have at er!!

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'm always around....u just dont realize it! I have flexable work sched and where I do it from.....so basically am online most of any given day...that being said...Our roster usage blows....better be rectified this yr!!!    Have at er!!

LMAO...actually I agree with that. Last year I didn't feel that there was much effect from it but we will be down quite a few vets this year and will need to utilize roster management a lot better. Gonna be some rookies being asked a lot this year, and we need to be able to bring them along at the right pace. Roster management needs to be better for sure.

Edited by GCn20

22 minutes ago, Booch said:

I look forward to the morphed line up this yr....needed new hungry blood....and some youth...clipped a lot of 30 somethings from the roster...

Agreed. We needed some people actually fighting for jobs and not just players pencilled into starting roles, healthy competition is good for a team. I’m wondering as well if Winnipeg was getting a reputation of a place where there wouldn’t be opportunity to earn a spot, if you’re a young prospect you want to go and play not sit on a practise roster for an entire season..

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It was needed. Keeping basically the same group together for 5 years (missed covid year included) is unheard of. Good year to reset some positions and at very least build towards 2025.

It’s what I was begging for and it didn’t come at the cost of Schoen, Brady or some of the other names I feared it might so I am happy. 

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

It’s what I was begging for and it didn’t come at the cost of Schoen, Brady or some of the other names I feared it might so I am happy. 

Yeah you can’t really replace a Schoen or Brady they’re amongst the best at their positions, but you can replace a Winston Rose or a Rasheed Bailey, good players but on the wrong side of 30.

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

6 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Agreed. We needed some people actually fighting for jobs and not just players pencilled into starting roles, healthy competition is good for a team. I’m wondering as well if Winnipeg was getting a reputation of a place where there wouldn’t be opportunity to earn a spot, if you’re a young prospect you want to go and play not sit on a practise roster for an entire season..

Complacency and comfortability had set in...and is never a good thing, even with a veteran laden team...some of this should have happened last yr, but pleased to see a god majority is happening now, tho a couple of re-signs are questionable...but could be gone after camp...guess we will see

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly think some open competitions in camp and an infusion of youth will provide a spark to the team.

This actually might have been what we were missing the last couple years. We were a really good team but just missing "something" maybe it was a little youth and younger hunger??

2 hours ago, Booch said:

I look forward to the morphed line up this yr....needed new hungry blood....and some youth...clipped a lot of 30 somethings from the roster...

The worst that can happen is that we need to add some guys mid season so that we are in peak form in 2025.

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

I can think of worse.

Well it was inevitable really. We ran it back for 4 straight years pretty much. Not many teams can do that without a rebuild at the end of it. I think Walters did well to put a team on the field this year that should still be the favorite in the West while starting a bit of a youth movement. 

56 minutes ago, coach17 said:

I think Ti Cats got a good one, sorry to see him go 

Yea...we just couldn't give him the money and opportunity he deserves here. Hopefully he gets rewarded in Hamilton.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

It was needed. Keeping basically the same group together for 5 years (missed covid year included) is unheard of. Good year to reset some positions and at very least build towards 2025.

For sure. I am actually quite impressed that we were able to turn over some positions but keep most of the talent that really matters intact. Best of all the only team that had any realistic chance of leap frogging us this year hemmorhaged talent this offseason.

Edited by GCn20

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Well it was inevitable really. We ran it back for 4 straight years pretty much. Not many teams can do that without a rebuild at the end of it. I think Walters did well to put a team on the field this year that should still be the favorite in the West while starting a bit of a youth movement. 

Yea...we just couldn't give him the money and opportunity he deserves here. Hopefully he gets rewarded in Hamilton.

ran it back 2 yrs...ran up to it the other 2 and got slapped away...if we being factual lol