2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

Its laughable that Fajardo claims to be taking less money to help the team remain competitive. He's talking like if he's Bo Levi Mitchell in his prime. I doubt there's a team in the league outside of Montreal who would pay him starters money.  And you certainly can't pay a guy like that for more than what he is. You're going to need to build an allstar team around him for that offense to be league average. Credit to him for playing the best game of his career when it mattered most. I feel the team is being emotional but dedicating to him when they could probably attract a better option like MBT. But he did win a Grey Cup as their starting quarterback so its more of a reward for that than it is a wise decision for the team.

16 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I feel the team is being emotional but dedicating to him when they could probably attract a better option like MBT. But he did win a Grey Cup as their starting quarterback so its more of a reward for that than it is a wise decision for the team.

MBT?  I don't think there's much to choose from - between the two.

26 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I think MBT is a significantly better passer. He almost threw for 5000 yards his last year in the CFL with the argos.

Fajardo threw for almost 4000 yards this past season. Fair to say that both had a solid receiving crew to throw to. It's not the passing yards with them, it's more the decision making in critical situations.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

seems like a bit of a loose cannon on sideline too...loses his **** too much

Phil;lip's laughing & carrying on like he's one of the boys on the sidelines when the Lions are winning. He's dour & shaking his head or rolling his eyes when they lose. Acts like an asshat whether the Lions win or lose. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Phil;lip's laughing & carrying on like he's one of the boys on the sidelines when the Lions are winning. He's dour & shaking his head or rolling his eyes when they lose. Acts like an asshat whether the Lions win or lose. 

yeah I see the same thing .....2 really different faces for sure....Didn't have any answers for us except maybe the one we didn't show up for...

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

yeah I see the same thing .....2 really different faces for sure....Didn't have any answers for us except maybe the one we didn't show up for...

I find that Campbell's teams are always undisciplined. Talented but they always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot with penalties & selfish players. Campbell just lets it happen, too. Phillips just makes it worse. 

He won the Grey Cup. He had a good game and the bombers secondary played a horrible game.  Doesn't erase the fact that he threw 14 td's and 12 interceptions all season and he's never thrown more than 18 touchdown passes in a single season. He's stop gap qb for a team until that team gets a bonafide starter. 

12 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

He won the Grey Cup. He had a good game and the bombers secondary played a horrible game.  Doesn't erase the fact that he threw 14 td's and 12 interceptions all season and he's never thrown more than 18 touchdown passes in a single season. He's stop gap qb for a team until that team gets a bonafide starter. 

Yes, one good game or bad game does not erase an entire body of work. Even bad QBs have a good game once in a while, and great QBs have a bad game....neither makes one the other.

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

The one good game idea is ridiculous. The Als won 7 straight games to win the cup. The longest winning streak in the league last year. You don't do that with a QB who only has one good game. 

Look at his stats over those games before calling something ridiculous. Of course a team can win with average or even below average QBing if they have a great defence. Good gravy man. We won the 88 and 90 Grey Cups with very pedestrian QBing. Cody's numbers and QB rating were the 6th best in the league over that time span. That is lower echelon Qbing any way you slice it. Their defence over that span...fantastic.

Edited by GCn20