2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is fair, and you basically stole his quote from Tait's piece..... But he's also the greatest, smartest receiver to ever play the game. 

There has never been a better receiver in the history of the CFL and I will never, ever be swayed in that opinion.  Milt was the only thing worth watching through many very lean years for our team. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

There has never been a better receiver in the history of the CFL and I will never, ever be swayed in that opinion.  Milt was the only thing worth watching through many very lean years for our team. 

And with the way Pro sports is in todays world. There's a good chance he will be this for a very very very long time.

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The numbers milt put up despite having only a couple seasons with elite qb play.... it's just mind bottling. Imagine if he'd had better qbing throughout his career?

Thats precisely why he is the GOAT. I wont hear any argument for guys like Simon, Pitts, etc. Those guys had MVP caliber QB's over their careers. Milt had 4 years with Khari, 5 years with Glenn, and 5 years with dogshit. If he would of had decent QB's from 1995-1999.....Good lawwwwwwwd. And if he would of had Pitts' QB's for his career.........Were talking 20,000+ yards.

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

If he makes any DBs look like assholes out there then I will have concerns about our scouting department. No offense to Milt, but he is 54 and hasn't played in 15 years. Our DBs coming to camp should be the elite just out of the NFL recruits in their low-mid 20's. 

I have very fond memories of this happening numerous times in training camp back in the day when i used to go every day. Never got tired of watching Milt school DB's young and old in one-on-one drills.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I have very fond memories of this happening numerous times in training camp back in the day when i used to go every day. Never got tired of watching Milt school DB's young and old in one-on-one drills.

He would school the best DBs around the league all season long too. That was my favorite part...but yea...training camp he ended a lot of guys pro dreams.

If you guys think there are actually going to be any live 100% effort one on one reps against roster players, you’re nuts lol 

He’s going to go out there, run a few routes, maybe have Jordan Younger suit up and let the seniors give it all they got a couple times and the rest of the time it will literally be 0% serious 

As an aside, Bombers made a whole bunch of moves yesterday/today.

Release DB Anthony Blue, signed a whole whack of Americans.

DB CJ Siegel

LB Dylan Moses

LB John Petrishen

LB Tre Thomas

OL Chidi Okeke

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

If you guys think there are actually going to be any live 100% effort one on one reps against roster players, you’re nuts lol 

He’s going to go out there, run a few routes, maybe have Jordan Younger suit up and let the seniors give it all they got a couple times and the rest of the time it will literally be 0% serious 

DB CJ Siegel

LB Dylan Moses

LB John Petrishen

LB Tre Thomas

OL Chidi Okeke

So Bombers are not feeling quite as Blue as before?

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

DB CJ Siegel

LB Dylan Moses

LB John Petrishen

LB Tre Thomas

OL Chidi Okeke

I'm not even sure what 100% effort from Milt would look like at his age. Even if he did, would we even know? Love Milt but the guy is 54.

58 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Wasn't Dylan Moses like a big time Alabama guy who was supposed to be top draft pick a few years ago? Shocked to see that guy in the CFL wonder what happened

He was but successive injuries derailed his college/pro career. A real bad string of luck. If he is now healthy the guy is a blue chipper. He was also labelled as being a little undersized at his position in 4 down ball. He is average size among CFL Lbers tho. Man....if Moses finds the game that made him a potential top 10 NFL pick prior to his injury streak we will have ourselves a baller. However, just to temper expectations he was an early camp cut in the UFL last year. Gotta be a guy our scouts worked out and were impressed with.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Mike said:

DB CJ Siegel

LB Dylan Moses

LB John Petrishen

LB Tre Thomas

OL Chidi Okeke

Jy vs Milt would be worth it to see alone. 

Okeke was kick around the league couple years ago. Iirc raw huge prospect from lsu. 

Moses is a super high upside guy. Said that a lot this year but for real, probably the highest guy this year. 4.4 40 pro day, allegedly ran sub 4.4 in the past. That type of insane nfl outlier athlete. Immense strength. The catch is health, he’s had a bunch of injuries and no idea what he might be right now. Honestly, I don’t expect a guy like that to click. If he does, watch out.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dylan-moses/32004d4f-5324-1011-695d-c9d89ae7f1f3

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Jy vs Milt would be worth it to see alone. 

Okeke was kick around the league couple years ago. Iirc raw huge prospect from lsu. 

Moses is a super high upside guy. Said that a lot this year but for real, probably the highest guy this year. 4.4 40 pro day, allegedly ran sub 4.4 in the past. That type of insane nfl outlier athlete. Immense strength. The catch is health, he’s had a bunch of injuries and no idea what he might be right now. Honestly, I don’t expect a guy like that to click. If he does, watch out.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dylan-moses/32004d4f-5324-1011-695d-c9d89ae7f1f3

Yea....Moses is worth the camp invite just because if his health has turned the corner he could be a freak out there.

https://pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/football/roster/john-petrishen/11398

https://www.si.com/college/pittsburgh/football/johnny-petrishen-notice-pitt-pro-day

petrishen was in camp with the Leo’s last year. 
https://govandals.com/sports/football/roster/tre-thomas/6426

Bunch of highly athletic ideal size/build wils with good experience. 

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yea....Moses is worth the camp invite just because if his health has turned the corner he could be a freak out there.

100%. If he makes a decent come back it’ll be borderline viral as well. He was considered a LeBron James level generational talent. Offered scholarships to virtually every big d1 program before starting high school. 
 He was frequently listed as 6’3 240, but is likely 6’1 and a shade under 220. But if he put it together he would be strong enough to play either wil or Mac. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Tomorrow is also the first day of ROOKIE camp. I dont expect much one on one time. I think alot of the time will be showing the players the nuances of the CFL game and to go through at slower speed what practice will look like for the following days.

I can see Milt showing the new guys how to waggle though. 

Just now, WinnipegGordo said:

Tomorrow is also the first day of ROOKIE camp. I dont expect much one on one time. I think alot of the time will be showing the players the nuances of the CFL game and to go through at slower speed what practice will look like for the following days.

I can see Milt showing the new guys how to waggle though. 

I do love the idea of having a guy like that help teach new guys. Dalton is also an expert at the waggle. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

DB CJ Siegel

LB Dylan Moses

LB John Petrishen

LB Tre Thomas

OL Chidi Okeke

Linebackers! 

10 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Linebackers! 

At this point I think we’d probably still be looking at ol dl/des to add. Other wise the never ending influx of wr/dbs will continue as always. Otherwise I mostly expect us to fill any early cuts/no shows. 

This is the deepest tc roster we’ve had since 21 imo. 

2 hours ago, bluedawg said:

Wasn't Dylan Moses like a big time Alabama guy who was supposed to be top draft pick a few years ago? Shocked to see that guy in the CFL wonder what happened

Was shunned because of a torn meniscus.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Was shunned because of a torn meniscus.

Played most a whole season with a bad meniscus then hurt his acl. 

To be fair as well, you don’t see 220 lbs lbers go that high. He isn’t a S either. He’s a had to go up to attest 235 imo with out losing quickness. despite having elite lber strength. 

Edited by wbbfan

5 hours ago, Mike said:

DB CJ Siegel

LB Dylan Moses

LB John Petrishen

LB Tre Thomas

OL Chidi Okeke

Siegel is a legit ball hawk.  Super aggressive type of corner, played a lot in the slot too.  Saw him play quite a bit for UND.  He didn't return punts there but I wonder if he might get a look up here.