2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For whatever reason, I feel like I’d really lost sight of how many interesting prospects the Bombers brought in this off-season. Not too worried about the massive amounts of WR or DB, that’ll sort itself out with reps but I do appreciate some of these names … real high calibre guys being brought up here.

5 names to watch in my obviously incredibly educated opinion: WR KJ Hill, DE John Waggoner, DT Jamal Woods, DB Travon Fuller, DB Juan Lua

Bonus name, I think it’s a foregone conclusion he’s QB3: Eric Barriere

Bonus name if Janarion Grant doesn’t come back: WR Aron Cruickshank

59 minutes ago, Mike said:

For whatever reason, I feel like I’d really lost sight of how many interesting prospects the Bombers brought in this off-season. Not too worried about the massive amounts of WR or DB, that’ll sort itself out with reps but I do appreciate some of these names … real high calibre guys being brought up here.

5 names to watch in my obviously incredibly educated opinion: WR KJ Hill, DE John Waggoner, DT Jamal Woods, DB Travon Fuller, DB Juan Lua

Burmeister intrigues me.  He was a decent QB at a fairly high level (ACC).  Started for Oregon as a freshman so just on raw talent there's something there.  He just converted to receiver with Rams last year.  Kind of wondering if they are looking at him in both spots....or even just QB.

He must really have NFL dreams to come up here as a receiver because I have no doubt he could play QB in the UFL based on some of the guys playing there.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

1 hour ago, Mike said:

33 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Burmeister intrigues me.  He was a decent QB at a fairly high level (ACC).  Started for Oregon as a freshman so just on raw talent there's something there.  He just converted to receiver with Rams last year.  Kind of wondering if they are looking at him in both spots....or even just QB.

He must really have NFL dreams to come up here as a receiver because I have no doubt he could play QB in the UFL based on some of the guys playing there.

Thanks guys for rescuing this thread!

Time to get excited for camp where we hear one good thing about a guy and then can imagine him being an all-star! Can't wait!

Pork to pigskin....gotta luv it....There's definitely some intriguing players gonna strut their stuff....Especially some of the D line signings............can't wait it's been a looooong offseason 

Edited by Stickem
spelling...letter omission

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

Early May.... First pre season games happen next month. We're like... 3 weeks away from camp...??

Further info from the league website just in case anyone forgot...

The 2024 CFL Draft will take place on Tuesday, April 30 at 8:00 p.m. EDT and feature 74 selections over eight rounds. The Edmonton Elks currently hold the first overall selection, followed by the Ottawa Redblacks and Saskatchewan Roughriders.

The CFL’s Global Draft will take place earlier that same day at 11:00 a.m. EDT. 

Rookie camps across the country will open on May 8 with teams being required to reduce their rosters to 85 players (excluding non-counters) by May 11.

Training camps will open on May 12 with teams needing to reduce their rosters to 75 players (excluding non-counters) by May 14. Training camps will conclude on June 1.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Any specific reason you're excited for these 5 over other guys?

Based solely on highlights my 5 rookie americans I'm excited to see in camp are WR Aron Cruikshank, OT Larnel Coleman, DE Chauncey Rivers, LB Jeremiah Gemmel and DB Terrell Bonds

1 hour ago, bluedawg said:

Any specific reason you're excited for these 5 over other guys?

Based solely on highlights my 5 rookie americans I'm excited to see in camp are WR Aron Cruikshank, OT Larnel Coleman, DE Chauncey Rivers, LB Jeremiah Gemmel and DB Terrell Bonds

Specific but different reasons. KJ Hill has a very very similar profile to Austin Mack which is an exciting thought. As far as Waggoner, any Iowa defender is going to pique my interest plus all the academic and coaches selection awards in college give him a big “O’Shea guy” type feel. Fuller I followed on the Bills roster a bit and he’s a long rangy shutdown corner type, could be a productive guy up here if he picks up the nuances well enough. Lua is SUPER young (22) and didn’t even go through the NFL draft process, but he’s a versatile defender that could play a lot of different roles on our D. Finally, Woods is a guy they’ve had neg-listed for quite some time - couple that with them usually having a good eye for the DT types they like and I’m interested to see him in camp.

3 hours ago, blue85gold said:

Thanks guys for rescuing this thread!

Time to get excited for camp where we hear one good thing about a guy and then can imagine him being an all-star! Can't wait!

who is going to be this year's Dwayne Slay?  Or Ramonce Taylor??

Edited by kelownabomberfan

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

Finally, Woods is a guy they’ve had neg-listed for quite some time - couple that with them usually having a good eye for the DT types they like and I’m interested to see him in camp.

How do you know that about Woods? He was never on any of the negotiation list reveals? Spill the beans!

56 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

who is going to be this year's Dwayne Slay?  Or Ramonce Taylor??

Hopefully no one....but likely someone. We'll find out I guess, although we aren't getting the heavily opinion based TC reports proclaiming the next big thing anymore.