2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was just thinking, let's not forget about Miles Fox up the middle. He looked REALLY good in his limited reps last year and I know there's a few of us that wanted to see him getting full time reps. This could be the year for that. Walker and Jeffcoat leaving could mean Haba and Fox finally get the roster spot we kinda felt they'd earned last year.... that's not the worst thing. Along with some of the new bodies signed, as mentioned....... we might just have the bodies in house to step up. 

Right now, I'm more curious about who takes Houston's spot...

Not sure where they get off saying he was top Dlineman available....very untrue......And not bothered by this, as he wasn't a difference maker by any means, gives Fox a legit chance now, as well as having to unearth a new legit player....was feering if we brought him back that he would be the defacto starter there regardless, much like last yr...now that option has been taken away and we have to plug a new guy there

Just now, Noeller said:

was just thinking, let's not forget about Miles Fox up the middle. He looked REALLY good in his limited reps last year and I know there's a few of us that wanted to see him getting full time reps. This could be the year for that. Walker and Jeffcoat leaving could mean Haba and Fox finally get the roster spot we kinda felt they'd earned last year.... that's not the worst thing. Along with some of the new bodies signed, as mentioned....... we might just have the bodies in house to step up. 

Fox should have been there all yr...this was just another case of a guy being rewarded a spot for being here, and tenure.....and curious to see the new ends brought in, and also more of Garbut...he may be the guy coming out of camp on th roster as starter if we dont land a Davis II or Carney

Edited by Booch

I’d love to see us go after Demarcus Christmas, could be a sneaky great signing. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Gotta be a rookie I’d think. That Texada they signed yesterday has some pedigree. 

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Sayles and Walker were both very meh after having Nevis and Stove.... not that those guys are always available, but let's be closer to that than Walker/Sayles...

Completely different players though. And Sayles was excellent. 
 Normally we would run a nose, and a guy who would play some 3t as well as some 2, and end and really line up a diverse numbers of ways. Those guys were the smaller athletic guys who were basically interior pass rushers. Sayles and walker are both guys like that. Thomas has played that spot too when we had nose tackles. 
 3T is a very under rated pass rusher in modern football. They often get initial pressure, and either feast off a nose tackle or create space for an end.

When you see 30 front defences get a bunch of pressure, it’s generally with the des starting in the B gap in this type of alignment or working into it with their rush move. 
 They can be harder to grade in 40 fronts when you just have one and they dont take the 3t spot every snap they play. But their primary role is to get in the back field and break up plays. They start the pressure ball rolling. 

Walker took a good step forward last year after the first few weeks. But honestly I’ll be happy to have new blood at dt. Having a 3t is significantly diminished when you just run 1 and don’t have a nose tackle. 

37 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Well now we have to. We found Stove and Sayles back to back, let’s get going fellas. 

And before that Nevis was a big fa pick up but also poop and Bryant. We can scout dts 0 worries. 

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Not sure where they get off saying he was top Dlineman available....very untrue......And not bothered by this, as he wasn't a difference maker by any means, gives Fox a legit chance now, as well as having to unearth a new legit player....was feering if we brought him back that he would be the defacto starter there regardless, much like last yr...now that option has been taken away and we have to plug a new guy there

Fox should have been there all yr...this was just another case of a guy being rewarded a spot for being here, and tenure.....and curious to see the new ends brought in, and also more of Garbut...he may be the guy coming out of camp on th roster as starter if we dont land a Davis II or Carney

Fox not playing was a head scratcher. I feel like walker was willing to do what ever we asked and played with high effort and motor. Mos loves that. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Wasn't it his brother? 

I was wondering both of those exact questions lol. 

what did we figure out about Holm? Is he a pending FA? He was supposed to be getting NFL tryouts but not sure anything happened there. I assume we can pencil him in to one of the secondary spots, along with Nichols and Parker.... Nick Hallett at S, likely...... then someone else (Ford??) in the last spot...

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

what did we figure out about Holm? Is he a pending FA? He was supposed to be getting NFL tryouts but not sure anything happened there. I assume we can pencil him in to one of the secondary spots, along with Nichols and Parker.... Nick Hallett at S, likely...... then someone else (Ford??) in the last spot...

Last I heard was he is under contract waiting to hear on the NFL - but I think that window closes next week. 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It saddens me to think of  BA not at safety - but he did not have his usual stellar season. 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Last I heard was he is under contract waiting to hear on the NFL - but I think that window closes next week. 

It saddens me to think of  BA not at safety - but he did not have his usual stellar season. 

age and injuries are a mother f***er....

So minimal change on the O side of things. Starters wise. Basically just hardrick currently and probably Bailey. 

but some significant changes on the D with guys like BA rose Houston jeffcoat walker etc all moving on. 

bombers good at finding Dbs tho so should be ok. Wouldn’t mind seeing a few guys brought in with the intentions on taking spots next year. Bighill and middle linebacker come to mind there. Dude looked done to me. So hopefully there’s legit competition there. 

Edited by Goalie

was talking about this with some guys recently.... it's not that I want Bighill outright replaced, but I'd like to see his reps significantly reduced. I think he can still be really effective, just in a limited role. We need to have more guys rotating through that LB corps, I think...

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

That was his brother(?) Ranthony. This is Raleigh Texada. With those names they must be bothers right? 

Ranthony signed with the Bombers a couple of times. He was signed in 2020 but when the season was cancelled he opted out of his contract. He re-signed in 2021 but was cut in camp.

Raleigh was on the Bomber practice roster before.