2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, JCon said:

Please quote where someone asked for thr Bombers to not re-sign Hardrick so he can go to the Riders. I'll wait. 

Please quote where someone asked for thr Bombers to not re-sign Hardrick so he can go to the Riders. I'll wait. 

Agree, I think people wanted us to move on from Thomas, Briggs, Schmekel & other players. Not players like Hardrick & other starters. More of a rearranging of the deck chairs & not a massive rebuild. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Agree, I think people wanted us to move on from Thomas, Briggs, Schmekel & other players. Not players like Hardrick & other starters. More of a rearranging of the deck chairs & not a massive rebuild. 

There is a massive  thread on getting rid of Collaros for Dru Brown. 

That isn’t rearranging deck chairs. 

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

There is a massive  thread on getting rid of Collaros for Dru Brown. 

That isn’t rearranging deck chairs. 

I think anyone who seriously thought that  the Bombers would have moved on from Zach Collaros just to keep Brown were out of touch. That was never going to happen. Besides, Brown isn't here anymore. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

If Dobson has a reverse gear, I've never seen it.  Great run blocker but haven't seen him much in pass protection, if they move Gray I think Eli moves to OG.

Pass pro at guard shouldn’t be an issue. Especially if he’s between Eli and Bryant. 

52 minutes ago, JCon said:

I suggested he move to guard and richmond come in at tackle. 
 No one wants to lose the guy, but no one’s upset at losing the player. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Richmond technically has never signed an actual yearly contract filed to the league...Just practice roster agreements...so yes....he could be on a minimum deal but I bet we pay him a bit more...insignificant in the grand scheme

I bet too...but no way were we gonna offer him more than Stan...who took a shave....and truthfully...we kept the right Tackle

No..I think 180 would have been an overpay at RT. Even in his prime. Yoshi is not a viable LT. The Riders are just throwing money that positionally make zero sense.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Pass pro at guard shouldn’t be an issue. Especially if he’s between Eli and Bryant. 

I suggested he move to guard and richmond come in at tackle. 
 No one wants to lose the guy, but no one’s upset at losing the player. 

Have no issue at all with any of Eli/Dobson starting in the interior and I think Gray could play RT.

29 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I figured there would be losses along the OL. And I'm glad they stayed with the GOAT. I would have been more upset losing Richmond than I am with losing Hardrick. I know...potential over experience. But they had to get younger eventually. This move makes sense for everyone imo.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I figured there would be losses along the OL. And I'm glad they stayed with the GOAT. I would have been more upset losing Richmond than I am with losing Hardrick. I know...potential over experience. But they had to get younger eventually. This move makes sense for everyone imo.

Except the living in Regina part. 

Liking this signing...he's a legit 4.4 running back...His pro day numbers would have put him in top 4 of RB times at the NFL combine..and what I like about him for the CFL game...and our O-line is that he a patient runner when choosing a hole or sem but when he gets to it he's thru it fast....good blocker and physical....Very interesting signing...the first real legit RB prospect we bringing up in a long time.

Work a lot with Sun Belt guys so know some guys with good intel on him...He was actually projected to be an elite NFL return guy too

Edited by Booch

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

Believe Smith returns kicks too....Interesting signing

Looks like a well rounded dynamic threat. Running, catching, returning. Pro day had some great numbers including a 4.4 40, 10’ broad jump 37” vert 15 reps. Great quickness and agility numbers too. Stood 5’8 195. 
 I love the north south running. All he needs is an angle and he isn’t trying to Keith stokes it. Hits the hole really fast. Very smooth acceleration with a nice top gear. Flashes some good hands, and I love the physicality too. Very grant Esq is being small but deceptively strong. Don’t expect a guy like that to bounce off people or push the pile but he takes people by surprise. I love this as a returner, back or gmc multi threat guy. Great camp prospect. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Liking this signing...he's a legit 4.4 running back...Hi pro day numbers would have put him in top 4 of RB times at the NFL combine..and what I like about him for the CFL game...and our O-line is that he a patient runner when choosing a hoke or seem but when he gets to it he's thru it fast....good blocker and physical....Very interesting signing...the first real legit RB prospect we bringing up in a long time.

Work a lot with Sun Belt guys so know some guys with good intel on him...He was actually projected to be an elite NFL return guy too

Real blue chip prospect as a rb and kr. Bet he was on our nl for a while. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Looks like a well rounded dynamic threat. Running, catching, returning. Pro day had some great numbers including a 4.4 40, 10’ broad jump 37” vert 15 reps. Great quickness and agility numbers too. Stood 5’8 195. 
 I love the north south running. All he needs is an angle and he isn’t trying to Keith stokes it. Hits the hole really fast. Very smooth acceleration with a nice top gear. Flashes some good hands, and I love the physicality too. Very grant Esq is being small but deceptively strong. Don’t expect a guy like that to bounce off people or push the pile but he takes people by surprise. I love this as a returner, back or gmc multi threat guy. Great camp prospect. 

yeah....this is a legit prospect...believe he is 5'-9" 200 ...but he's a guy who accelerates fast and changes gear/direction flawlessly

One thing posters have been saying did come true...that the Riders would overpay to get good offensive linemen. Mind you, that was a low hanging fruit prediction - O'Day is trustworthy when it comes to those.  But good for Yoshi, he deserves to be paid. I just hope he ends up cashing in on all of it.

Things just got interesting on the OL. I suspect Richmond will be the new starting tackle, based on how long he's hung around.  HOWEVER, Manase Foketi could tell us something about how that works out.  

If Gray can get the job done, that spot becomes very interesting, because Eli could probably be his back up.  They could also seriously consider going with an American RB, or fielding one less Canadian receiver.  Another option would be going all import on Defense.

As Booch always says...tasty

25 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

We've basically lost a OL each year from this group either retirement or free agency since Bryant came in.

I expect them to add a veteran interior type guy (Gray or another) and have a lot of competition for RT, some experienced some less experienced.

I don't foresee any draft picks being immediate players this year at OL aside from guys who go south.  That would be a bonus to land someone like that.  Can't count on it.

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

If Gray can get the job done, that spot becomes very interesting, because Eli could probably be his back up. 

Eli is a natural C who can play some G if needed....... can he play out on the edge?? 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

This tells me Bombers are focused on trying to re-sign Schoen rather than Oliveira. Of course of Brady will take the hometown discount that's fine. But I can see an offence with an IMP RB, and others running the ball too - Augustine, Streveler, Demski these all are legit weapons to haul the rock.

Edited by Doublezero