Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

*41 football players

2 kickers

1 Navy Seal who sometimes gets in the way

2 guys who I'm not sure could have broke 6.5 in a 40 today but who are all-timers no doubt

Nope. We had a ton of fantastic players out there that could have stepped up and didn't. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

O'Shea has his raise.  That's already been dealt with.  If Walters was priority and wanted to be here he'd be locked up.  There's no one beyond coach and GM that's locked in.  If those are your guys and they want to be your guys you lock them up and slot everyone else in under that.  If your OL coach says "I want 115 not 95" then you bring in the next guy.  That's where you make your cap.

I agree. Just articulating that the cap is still there and Walters wants his raise so it is a factor.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

O'Shea has his raise.  That's already been dealt with.  If Walters was priority and wanted to be here he'd be locked up.  There's no one beyond coach and GM that's locked in.  If those are your guys and they want to be your guys you lock them up and slot everyone else in under that.  If your OL coach says "I want 115 not 95" then you bring in the next guy.  That's where you make your cap.

Yeah sure.  The AGM's aren't signed.  Unlikely all the coaches are.

Either way, you sign the top guys and work your way down, not the other way.

There's a 0% chance the "cap" will impact the decision on this issue.

You're dreaming. 

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Meh. I agree with the point you were trying to make.

I don't care if Jackson or Bennett or Thomas [or whoever some people would replace them with] don't affect the outcome of the game.

I care that Zach and Brady and Lawler and the OL and the Jeff's didn't make the plays that carried us to the win.

Exactly right..among many others. We didn't field the best we could have but we fielded a team that should have won.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You're dreaming. 

Think about what you're saying....you let a GM walk to keep your position coaches, AGMs?

It makes no sense.

Let Collaros walk because Castillo wants a raise is analogus.

There's something much deeper at play here on either side (Walters/Bombers) or both.

Think about what you're saying....you let a GM walk to keep your position coaches, AGMs?

It makes no sense.

There's something much deeper at play here on either side (Walters/Bombers) or both.

It seems like it which is concerning as a Bomber fan.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It makes no sense.

I don't think so. Our guys are the best in the league overall but they have forgotten how much they should hate losing imo. Fat and sassy. 

Humility needed to be served a day it was.

Edited by GCn20

So walters and scouts work hard all off season bringing in talent only to see them cut within days sometimes and some don't think there's other issues at play here? K 

Haba?  Rose? Fox ? Nah  we need a useless American fb instead  

You don't think something like that could cause a divide? 

Osh has morphed into the smartest man in the room. His stubbornness and playing favorites is surely causing some problems 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

So walters and scouts work hard all off season bringing in talent only to see them cut within days sometimes and some don't think there's other issues at play here? K 

Haba?  Rose? Fox ? Nah  we need a useless American fb instead  

You don't think something like that could cause a divide? 

If you're assuming there's no dialogue and MOS is just running things like a madman with zero input from the coaches and management around him. 

I don't think it was a particularly great crop of rookies in training camp... but I do think we saw in the final game of the year that some of the defensive line guys on the practise roster could play and contribute... moreso than for example Bennett... or Thomas at this stage. Given the number of canadians we were starting there was no need for the roster to be built the way it was. Then you keep a useful guy like Kelly off too just to get old man Thomas and Bennett on the roster to do what? Nothing useful. And I'm not anti Thomas... but he's past his best before date. 

Just now, Jesse said:

If you're assuming there's no dialogue and MOS is just running things like a madman with zero input from the coaches and management around him. 

It would certainly appear to be the case tho. Hall or buck surely aren't saying no I need Jackson. It's oshea. 

The coach in the end makes those decisions and damn rights I don't think he always goes with their input. Its obvious he doesn't unless both buck and hall are just incompetent which they aren't. Dudes playing favorites. It's painfully obvious. Complacency has crept in and it starts with oshea really. Not prepared? It's oshea  

Not sure why. Walters doesn't have a contract extension... I'm a little concerned he may not be back next year.  

Anyways can't believe we blew another grey cup.  Apparently Willie Jefferson said he could have sacked Cody on the game winning touchdown but he slipped.  

I guess that's football for you. Game of inches

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It would certainly appear to be the case tho. Hall or buck surely aren't saying no I need Jackson. It's oshea. 

The coach in the end makes those decisions and damn rights I don't think he always goes with their input. Its obvious he doesn't unless both buck and hall are just incompetent which they aren't. Dudes playing favorites. It's painfully obvious. Complacency has crept in and it starts with oshea really. Not prepared? It's oshea  

It's Buck's offense. I don't think I can accept that MOS is telling Buck who he needs to play, either. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

cant assume he's not tho either....goes both ways

All I know is what we've always been told. That they communicate and dialogue about everything,

The GM's job is to go out and get what the HC needs. 

Oshs attitude this year has not been great, lets be real, he's been kind of an ass and pretty much blows smoke up our asses weekly.  Our intelligence insulted weekly.  He has his flaws and they have cost us and will continue to cost us 

Lose to Fajardo and Maas hopefully humbles him. We as fans truly do deserve better. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Oshs attitude this year has not been great, lets be real, he's been kind of an ass and pretty much blows smoke up our asses weekly.  Our intelligence insulted weekly.  He has his flaws and they have cost us and will continue to cost us 

Lose to Fajardo and Maas hopefully humbles him. We as fans truly do deserve better. 

from what happened last yr....and now this yr to that combo...gut check and humble pie eating time....and time to revamp things a little and make some tough decisions

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It's Buck's offense. I don't think I can accept that MOS is telling Buck who he needs to play, either. 

All I know is what we've always been told. That they communicate and dialogue about everything,

The GM's job is to go out and get what the HC needs. 

And those guys were cut within days cuz gotta keep the Jackson's Thomas and Bennett of the world around 

The schmekels with no upside at all. 

Ffs we roster a navy seal with like zero pro experience all fn year 

The seal is 100 percent an oshea decision. The make a wish kid played All year. 

Edited by Goalie

The biggest weakness Oshea has is for guys like Bighill. There is absolutely no way Bighill should have been playing in that game. None. I don't care what his career looks like, I don't care how tough he is. Bighill is barely able to play at the appropriate level when healthy and that is just a fact. He;s getting old. Happens to everyone. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

The biggest weakness Oshea has is for guys like Bighill. There is absolutely no way Bighill should have been playing in that game. None. I don't care what his career looks like, I don't care how tough he is. Bighill is barely able to play at the appropriate level when healthy and that is just a fact. He;s getting old. Happens to everyone. 

No one can argue this point.

We all said it all week leading up to the game.

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I don't think so. Our guys are the best in the league overall but they have forgotten how much they should hate losing imo. Fat and sassy. 

Humility needed to be served a day it was.

Yes. This. As Shoresy said, our guys love to win but they don't hate to lose. You have to hate losing 10x more than you love winning.

One year we finished second in Manitoba provincials in hockey. At the time I was mad we lost in the finals but yet ok with what our team accomplished. Our coach said that he took his silver medal and chucked it in the trash. He told us that's how much you have to hate to lose. I was a teenager at the time but I get it now.

That being said I saw Zach at the post game presser and he was choking back tears. He hates to lose. Does everyone else hate it too?? I don't know.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

It's the culture he came through in Toronto too.  Remember Keith Stokes turning him inside out when he was years past his prime on a punt return to run the Bombers into a Grey Cup.  Here's the leagues all time tackler and a punt returner the league quit on two years before just made him look like a rented mule in the biggest game.  Seems to be an issue with telling guys when time is up...as long as they are willing to sweat in the gym I guess...seemed to be the issue for Harris.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

es. This. As Shoresy said, our guys love to win but they don't hate to lose. You have to hate losing 10x more than you love winning.

I don't even know that it's that. I really do believe that the guys are just too old to play every snap. We needed better young cheap depth and didn't have it. 

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Actually, I think it should humble us too.  There was lots of trash talk about Fajardo, this past week and  basically most of the season - and other players too. Any team and any player can win, on any given day.  We forget that too often. 

It's the culture he came through in Toronto too.  Remember Keith Stokes turning him inside out when he was years past his prime on a punt return to run the Bombers into a Grey Cup.  Here's the leagues all time tackler and a punt returner the league quit on two years before just made him look like a rented mule in the biggest game.  Seems to be an issue with telling guys when time is up...as long as they are willing to sweat in the gym I guess...seemed to be the issue for Harris.

It's MOS himself.

How old was he when he retired? And probably thought he could still do it.