Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Johnny, as you know, your Great Uncle (my old neighbour growing up in Riverview) had a huge role in me becoming a Bomber & CFL fan. All his wonderful stories about the Bombers & CFL in the 1930's into the 60's were marvellous & had me spellbound. We used to talk whenever we saw one another in & around 1967-72 when I was a teen. He'd stop whatever he was doing to discuss football with me whenever we saw each other.

He loved to talk about Fritzie Hansen & Russ Rebholz. He used to talk about characters like Head Coach Allie Sherman & Jack Jacobs. And a score of other players right thru the Bud Grant era. I don't think that I'd be the fan I am today without him. I'll be having a toast to the memory of "Mr. McGibney" today. Thing is, I never knew his first name. We were all taught to call adults "Mr", "Mrs" or "Miss", so I never asked. What was his first name? 

His first name was Doug (Douglas) He was my Grandfathers older brother. Everyone in the family called him “Uncle Slug”  

To this day all the McGibney’s are diehard Bomber fans, because of him and Granddad. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

All he has is timing routes on short throws....

His quack type long throws do give the advantage to the receiver unfortunately as DB’s most often aren’t looking back to the ball therefore sometimes leads to pi as they run right thru the receiver and/or the receiver comes back to the ball as the db does a fly by.

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

In 25 they should start the game at 1pm. I’d love to see the visual of the trophy presentation against the backdrop of a beautiful prairie sunset

Economically this makes no sense.  And championship football is played under the lights.

Telling on Beirness that for the division finals and Grey Cup they bring in Duthie to anchor the show.

15 minutes ago, ddanger said:

My thoughts on the game are pretty straightforward.....don't shoot ourselves in the foot ( feet ) and we'll be fine. 

If it does happens at certain points in the game, just remember to breathe and know that the Argos do indeed suck. It’s like a security blanket that can be interchanged anytime you want with a ‘Riders suck’ one.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Economically this makes no sense.  And championship football is played under the lights.

Telling on Beirness that for the division finals and Grey Cup they bring in Duthie to anchor the show.

At 2:30 it could still be under the lights.

Totally get your point about the economics though.