Grey Cup - Game Week Thread

Mark H.

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I’ve been pregaming since last night. 

It's very important to pre-celebrate big wins. Finished work late Friday night and had some home brew courtesy of my Sandy Lake in-laws (it's so important to keep as much of the weekend about 204 for good mojo, and that includes all your drinks). Tonight will likely be more of that, then for game day it's gonna be a MB beer early in the day.....like maybe Noon.... And then to the Gimli-made CR as we get closer to take time. 

24 hours.... Ell Eff GEEEEE!!!

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It's very important to pre-celebrate big wins. Finished work late Friday night and had some home brew courtesy of my Sandy Lake in-laws (it's so important to keep as much of the weekend about 204 for good mojo, and that includes all your drinks). Tonight will likely be more of that, then for game day it's gonna be a MB beer early in the day.....like maybe Noon.... And then to the Gimli-made CR as we get closer to take time. 

24 hours.... Ell Eff GEEEEE!!!

only home brew we get out here in BC is CR, and THAT will be tomorrow....and probably tonight as well who am I kidding....

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Seriously looking at going next year for Vancouver.  Hope the Blue are in it but if I'm going I'm going to get tickets well in advance.  Still remember 2011 when BC got into the Cup and suddenly all of the bandwagon jumpers from BC decided to become Lions fans for one game.  Never to be seen again.

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Seriously looking at going next year for Vancouver.  Hope the Blue are in it but if I'm going I'm going to get tickets well in advance.  Still remember 2011 when BC got into the Cup and suddenly all of the bandwagon jumpers from BC decided to become Lions fans for one game.  Never to be seen again.

I went to Vancouver for the 2011 and 2014 Cups. I really liked their set up where most events were in one area. 

I'll make sure to book flights and a hotel early this time.  Which is what I shud have done for Hamilton.  Alas, I am in Winnipeg and not at the game but at least I'll head to Portage and Main if the Bombers win.

2 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I went to Vancouver for the 2011 and 2014 Cups. I really liked their set up where most events were in one area. 

I'll make sure to book flights and a hotel early this time.  Which is what I shud have done for Hamilton.  Alas, I am in Winnipeg and not at the game but at least I'll head to Portage and Main if the Bombers win.

The 2011 Cup was special because the Bombers were in it, and in those meagre sad days Bomber cup appearances were few and far between.  Also got to hang out with Bluto which was fun as well.  Most of the events are down in the Convention Center so very central, though all of the CFL team houses were in bars all over downtown.  Winnipeg's bar was the Elephant & Castle in 2011, not sure where it was in 2014 as I was there but with the inlaws so not really allowed to go party like I did in 2011.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Yeah.....That won't be an issue...not for a 2nd yr guy...with all same parts around him and ZC running the show

Like @SpeedFlex27 said, ZC will know exactly where he will be, or supposed to be and will throw even if he cant even see him there...they have that connection now. If he was a raw rookie, or a late season pick up I'd be concerned but he's not.

Also way more goes on behind the scenes you won't see where he is working, and also involved in the daily routines like he would be if playing....from experience the only real thing to get re-conditioned to, is being popped and banging around....but a big game...adrenaline etc....he wont notice that till monday.....even your wind....after a few series you would be surprised how fast that short term aerobic capacity comes back.... and even then just slam down a few sudafeds before...and during the game n you be just fine lol

I dope he does play. Even as a decoy, he'd make a runstopping D take heed having to account for him. 

32 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I’m very excited for next year. I couldn’t convince the wife to come to Regina with me last year because there was no hotel, just a basement apartment AirBnB.

But Vancouver will have all the amenities.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I’m very excited for next year. I couldn’t convince the wife to come to Regina with me last year because there was no hotel, just a basement apartment AirBnB.

basement apartment with no indoor plumbing...can't blame the wife for taking a pass lol....in 2011 TW and I bought tickets Grey Cup week and headed down on the Saturday, got a hotel room last minute in downtown Vancouver, then walked to Elephant & Castle in the pouring rain.  Got to Bomber House and just set up shop for eight hours while we dried out from being totally soaking wet.  Then headed down to the Convention center and ran around until 3 in the morning.  Good times.  Saw Pinball sitting only one section away from us at the game, did NOT get a selfie, will not make that mistake again.

While we were checking in to our hotel the McMaster Marauders came walking in (they were staying at the same hotel) with the Vanier Cup they had just won the day before, and set the Vanier down in the lobby, and JUST LEFT IT THERE.  I looked over at Tacklewasher and said "should we just walk off with this thing and see if anyone notices"?  LOL

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Amazing. I'd love to go to an NFL game in Green Bay but despise Regina so much that I'd never go there to watch a game again. Been there 4 times in the past. Three LD games & one regular season game end of October. That's enough for a lifetime.