CFL Award Nominee Finalists

bluto

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

You seem to be getting upset they there are other players who do community work.

Weird hill to die on. But you do you. 

Had Dalton Schoen and Castillo won the awards, I would’ve applauded them for their community work. Who cares who’s recognized as long as they’re out there doing good for their communities 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Winnipeg has become the villain it seems. We are the heels of the CFL... 

Seems like maybe winning and being dominant for 4 years atleast now means other ppl get jealous of your success. IG field Is legit packed weekly, for some reason tho, we are hated by the media. The flagship of the cfl but we are the bad guys 

30k ? Who cares. Toronto drew 14k, that's up last year by 18 people 

Edited by Goalie

The awards are obviously a sham

I mean how many of these media clowns actually watch games 

Tsn picks narrative (Betts kelly) 

Cfl media rolls with it 

Most outstanding player in the league tho definitely the 3rd best QB. Honestly I bet Zach would have won if he was nominated based on what these clowns must look at 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

The awards are obviously a sham

I mean how many of these media clowns actually watch games 

Tsn picks narrative (Betts kelly) 

Cfl media rolls with it 

There’s also east coast bias. It’s more prevalent in sports where there’s late night games, but the media will often watch the eastern teams, then call it a day. So you’re likely correct that some of them likely just read storylines and didn’t actually put thought in.

Just now, greenrider55 said:

There’s also east coast bias. It’s more prevalent in sports where there’s late night games, but the media will often watch the eastern teams, then call it a day. So you’re likely correct that some of them likely just read storylines and didn’t actually put thought in.

Tough to watch 4 games a week.

I just don't logically understand how an avg 3rd best qb in the league wins mop over a Canadian rb with 2000 combined yards 

The C = Canadian right? 

BFL for sure Bush Football league 

Hey Toronto Jim Kelly's nephew won mop 

I'm sure 8 ppl are in line buying Argos seasons tix now 

Edited by Goalie

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Says if he had a local vote for MOP, he would have gone Collaros over Brady........

........also says he didn't vote for Brady for West MOC.................................

Seems his time in Sask has robbed him of common sense. That is straight up Balsy level clown shoe stuff. Definitely lost respect for the guy after seeing this.

4 hours ago, Sard said:

Yeah, that was confusing... in one sentence he said that Betts had a fantastic season, and the next he talked about how he played a great first game against Winnipeg and then disappeared in the other 3... How can you compare Betts who disappeared for 3+ games to Brady who was outstanding in every single game.

No kidding. The guy got all his stats in like 6 games and was a ghost for most of the others. Cant wrap my head around how someone could vote for Betts over a guy who had the 2nd best rushing season by a Canadian in CFL HISTORY. DT needs to pull his head out of his ass.

11 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Bob would never have voted for Kelly over Brady, just saying.

I didn't wanna go down this road ... Derek is a good guy and he works hard to cover not just the bombers but the whole league. And I can't imagine how impossible it is to try and follow in the footsteps of the greatest CFL PBP announcer of all time...... But, and I'm not saying this is the right way...... Bob would NEVER have voted against a Bomber that was close enough to be a finalist for a league award.

Also, re jerking off the Riders fans by giving them bullshit awards (and make no mistake this was done to make sure those assholes are always represented).... I sincerely thought Brady was gonna win for his dog rescue efforts. I can't think of anything that unites more people than a love of dogs. Thought that one was gonna be a given. Insane how much our organization is despised by the rest of the league.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Also, re jerking off the Riders fans by giving them bullshit awards (and make no mistake this was done to make sure those assholes are always represented).... I sincerely thought Brady was gonna win for his dog rescue efforts. I can't think of anything that unites more people than a love of dogs. Thought that one was gonna be a given. Insane how much our organization is despised by the rest of the league.

The league prefers that winnipeg is a doormat.  Fans still support the team and other places get to have the sun shine on them. It really chaps their asses that winnipeg is as dominant as they are.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Naw man. Doesn’t count. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

No one should win CFL Awards because they volunteer. Player awards should just be based on performance & nothing else. The League should have a separate award for player volunteer activities off the field separate from anything they do on the field. The NFL has one called The NFL Man Of The Year. I believe it's called. They also have the Comeback Player Of the Year Award which the CFL does not. I'd like to see two awards like that. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The league prefers that winnipeg is a doormat.  Fans still support the team and other places get to have the sun shine on them. It really chaps their asses that winnipeg is as dominant as they are.

They hate us cuz they ain't us. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

No one should win CFL Awards because they volunteer. Player awards should just be based on performance & nothing else. The League should have a separate award for player volunteer activities off the field separate from anything they do on the field. The NFL has one called The NFL Man Of The Year. I believe it's called. They also have the Comeback Player Of the Year Award which the CFL does not. I'd like to see two awards like that. 

Amen, love this idea.

Man of the Year Award is presented prior to the kickoff of the Super Bowl, and that’s a great time to do it.

Comeback player of the year award should absolutely come into play. 

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Amen, love this idea.

Man of the Year Award is presented prior to the kickoff of the Super Bowl, and that’s a great time to do it.

Comeback player of the year award should absolutely come into play. 

What a story Collaros would have had. Every team has one player that would qualify for that award. 

Just now, Noeller said:

I'm tempted to say that what these players do off the field means as much or more to me than what they do on the field. Knowing that they're good men and good role models means a LOT to me as a fan. Love that the Kotowich exists.

I agree so the CFL should make a separate award for that so volunteering can be recognized. Truth is, some players just don't like the spotlight. They may be shy or busy raising a family. Some guys have full time jobs so between football & a home life they just don't have the time to give. So, if they have a great season on the field, it shouldn't mean any lesser than a player who also volunteers. Just my take. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What a story Collaros would have had. Every team has one player that would qualify for that award. 

I believe it was Dave Naylor before last year’s Grey Cup that said Collaros should be considered one of the greatest comeback players in all of sports, and I agree. 

Guys like Larry Dean, Kyrie Wilson, who have comeback strong from Achilles injuries deserve recognition. Next year there will be guys like Masoli, Malik Henry, etc. It’s a great idea.

Just now, greenrider55 said:

I believe it was Dave Naylor before last year’s Grey Cup that said Collaros should be considered one of the greatest comeback players in all of sports, and I agree. 

Guys like Larry Dean, Kyrie Wilson, who have comeback strong from Achilles injuries deserve recognition. Next year there will be guys like Masoli, Malik Henry, etc. It’s a great idea.

Achilles used to be a career ender. Look at Aaron Rodgers he may return to play in December!! That's crazy. He's walking with no limp.