Argos at Bombers GDT

Nolby

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

With our lack of a nose, our run fits are stretched thin. Lber in A gap, db with ot reaps inability and possibly getting blocked by a wr. 
 Any team that runs option modestly well easily steals one gap back, a good zone or read can do it too. 
 It’s really hard to defend a qb option in the cfl  and gap cancel, with out a 2 gap guy it’s basically gambling and hoping for the best. 
 Even back in 21 before stove came back the lone weakness was getting gashed by big run plays when the offence stole back gaps. 

yeah...hopeful Osh will wake up...address this and put the guys on the roster in the trenches....adequate and enough of them to mitigate that....it's a ripple effect on our defense right now, and causes multiple issues.....that are easily fixed, or at least brought to a basic minimum

13 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...hopeful Osh will wake up...address this and put the guys on the roster in the trenches....adequate and enough of them to mitigate that....it's a ripple effect on our defense right now, and causes multiple issues.....that are easily fixed, or at least brought to a basic minimum

As the weather gets colder he will have no choice really.

9 hours ago, GCn20 said:

As the weather gets colder he will have no choice really.

one would...think??....sometimes I wonder what swirls around in his brain compartment behind that smug look and penchant for not answering questions...or answering them with a question

33 minutes ago, Booch said:

and if I indulged here...as many peruse...that be the end of that

Well best tread lightly then. But it does beg the question if as many players and management share your view about OSH’s smugness, arrogance, or stubborn prick play favorites attitude?  Because to the average outsider, he seems to have a love-in and buy in from the whole squad, and there is not much of anything that can be criticized with his results. Maybe all we can do is take OSH’s own words that “I’ll worry about it when we start losing”, which may be a simplistic approach but again can we argue with the results of that approach given our track record?  It may be less “he doesn’t tell us anything and we can’t tell what his approach is” and more “I don’t agree with the answers he gives, and wish his approach were different”. 

I choose to keep the faith in him so long as we are in first and contending for Grey Cups. As always, the playoffs will be where this team’s performance and gets truly measured. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

We’ll beat tread lightly then. But it does beg the question if as many players and management share your view about OSH’s smugness, arrogance, or stubborn prick play favorites attitude?  Because to the average outsider, he seems to have a love-in and buy in from the whole squad, and there is not much of anything that can be criticized with his results. Maybe all we can do is take OSH’s own words that “I’ll worry about it when we start losing”, which may be a simplistic approach but again an we argue with the results of that approach given our track record?  It may be less “he doesn’t tell us anything and we can’t tell what his approach is” and more “I don’t agree with the answers he gives, and wish his approach were different”. 

I choose to keep the faith in him so long as we are in first and contending for Grey Cups. As always, the playoffs will be where this team’s performance and gets truly measured. 

where did I say players and management share that sentiment?....nowhere...we also a .500 team over our last 4 games....and several of our last few wins save for a couple blowouts have been less than convincing...we also lost 2 games to teams with a combined losing record.....so to say that we are merrily rolling along and a crucial time would be a lil foolish....and track record means nothing now....sports is a what have you done for me lately business...we are teetering on the cusp of an epic flop...or another insane run...it's a 50/50 thing right now whether you see it or not.....I sure must be living in your head as you never fail to come out with a less than thought out retort ...so safe to say if we lose this weekend...and are in second...your faith is gone?...as per your statement above?

Edited by Booch

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

where did I say players and management share that sentiment?....nowhere...we also a .500 team over our last 4 games....and several of our last few wins save for a couple blowouts have been less than convincing...we also lost 2 games to teams with a combined losing record.....so to say that we are merrily rolling along and a crucial time would be a lil foolish....and track record means nothing now....sports is a what have you done for me lately business...we are teetering on the cusp of an epic flop...or another insane run...it's a 50/50 thing right now whether you see it or not.....I sure must be living in your head as you never fail to come out with a less than thought out retort ...so safe to say if we lose this weekend...and are in second...your faith is gone?...as per your statement above?

But it still ultimately comes down to the man behind centre... collaros has been inconsistent this season and it's why there have been some losses that didn't happen last season. Team hasn't lost a shootout this season, they're only losing the ones where the offense gets bogged down.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But it still ultimately comes down to the man behind centre... collaros has been inconsistent this season and it's why there have been some losses that didn't happen last season. Team hasn't lost a shootout this season, they're only losing the ones where the offense gets bogged down.

he has definatly not played up to MOP standards for sure....gets into lil funks where he is trying to force things, and then we see the turnovers which we didnt see for 3 yrs for most part...and also gets anxious in pocket, and from reviewing a lot of it, anxious for no reason and it causes issues we didnt see. People are talking about the Oline...well mostly here and in all honesty they are still tops in league, and ZC has done some things to make them seem out of sync.

Sure guys have been beat...always will be on any line, but if they were inferior and an issue, we wouldn't be leading in a ton of offensive numbers. For most part I don't really have issues with the offence, as long as we keep to what we excel at, and keep ZC corralled and stay on script and not try and get all or nothing crazy with his passing.

It's the defensive side of things that are scaring me....not so much talent wise, but how we use the talent, and how we sacrifice talent for slugs....sadly tho looking how Osh has structured the roster this yr more deeply, we pretty much have limited options, especially with his penchant for wasting a spot, unless we make a nice deal today before the deadline and if Ford would realize wasting this season on hopes and drams is foolish, and not happening for him...and with no new film this yr, won't be getting a look next yr either, and only option would be in TC here...so may as well get here now

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

unless we make a nice deal today before the deadline and if Ford would realize wasting this season on hopes and drams is foolish, and not happening for him...and with no new film this yr, won't be getting a look next yr either, and only option would be in TC here...so may as well get here now

Seems really quiet on the Ford front....He is wasting valuable time if he wants to continue his football career and I think he's getting poor advice from some quarter.....In any event a check on what his plans are and an update would be nice....Hard to figure as it seems his nfl aspirations for this year appear to have dried up

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Seems really quiet on the Ford front....He is wasting valuable time if he wants to continue his football career and I think he's getting poor advice from some quarter.....In any event a check on what his plans are and an update would be nice....Hard to figure as it seems his nfl aspirations for this year appear to have dried up

Big old shrug of the shoulders from me.

I think the Bombers have already mentioned they've been in contact. So what other update do you want until he's ready to sign?

Seems like he's donating this year to the NFL. I would expect him next season if and when no other NFL offers appear. 

42 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Big old shrug of the shoulders from me.

I think the Bombers have already mentioned they've been in contact. So what other update do you want until he's ready to sign?

Seems like he's donating this year to the NFL. I would expect him next season if and when no other NFL offers appear. 

So how long does he wait.....He wasn't signed by anyone down there and it appears there's little interest in doing so....But hey....it's his wallet that's not seeing any cash....We could probably use him down the stretch and he'd see some coin....tick tick tick

Not sure what all the hand wringing over Ford is about.... if he wants to wait on the next NFL opportunity, then all the power to him. Bombers have reached out with their interest. All you can do. Wish him the best of luck down south. In the meantime, we have plenty of bodies up here who want to play and can get the job done. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not sure what all the hand wringing over Ford is about.... if he wants to wait on the next NFL opportunity, then all the power to him. Bombers have reached out with their interest. All you can do. Wish him the best of luck down south. In the meantime, we have plenty of bodies up here who want to play and can get the job done. 

it's about the quality of the bodies, and the ripple effect it could have on the roster in a positive way....he has every right to cling to hope and make no money...gain no film...and even less experience....but it's  bad advice if he is doing so based on being told to...also from as far as I know, he has had no looks in any kind of workouts, let alone evn had agent called...he's wasting  his yr....

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

True, but it's not like he's looking at bags of money up here either. Everyday is another chance that someone gets hurt and his phone rings. 

it wont....you know how many guys just like him and many better who got cut....looking...waiting...who have their whole lifetime of football experience in American ball?....it not happening for him....I truly shocked it even did in first place....I'm sure a young Canadian kid would be more than happy to have been pulling in 4300 clams a game

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

it's about the quality of the bodies, and the ripple effect it could have on the roster in a positive way....he has every right to cling to hope and make no money...gain no film...and even less experience....but it's  bad advice if he is doing so based on being told to...also from as far as I know, he has had no looks in any kind of workouts, let alone evn had agent called...he's wasting  his yr....

it wont....you know how many guys just like him and many better who got cut....looking...waiting...who have their whole lifetime of football experience in American ball?....it not happening for him....I truly shocked it even did in first place....I'm sure a young Canadian kid would be more than happy to have been pulling in 4300 clams a game

oh for sure. But if the door is open even a crack, I don't blame him at all for waiting.

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If Ford came back today, I would doubt he even gets on the roster this year, except in maybe ST type role. No way they let him unseat someone on D right away. Remember he didn't play last year until the end of the season when back ups got some reps.

Thats all we need/want him for...he could back up HB/CB and SAM as well as return.....and he is great on ST coverage....major areas where we are lacking/hurting for the most part...plus we wouldn't have to DA a extra DB..so after Grant and Castillo could put both Haba and Fox on....

8 hours ago, Booch said:

gets into lil funks where he is trying to force things

What's causing him to feel like he needs to force it?

With his, and other QBs, happy feet there's a reason...an oline allowing him to get hammered.

There's usually an action/reaction reason for these things, I would think. So what's the reason for the forcing it reaction? Lack of confidence in Buck  making the perceived correct play calls? Not having faith in the rest of the offense? 

Forcing it smells of desperation. If so why might he feel that way?

Edited by Deiter Fan

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I bet the offense gains some consistency when Grant is back and field position isn't always such a massive loss every exchange of punts.

We’ve been able to put drives together for the most part but we’ve had uncharacteristic struggles to score tds in the red zone when we need it. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We’ve been able to put drives together for the most part but we’ve had uncharacteristic struggles to score tds in the red zone when we need it. 

Well maybe needing to get 25..30 less yards in a drive will make the task easier....it's pretty tough when you have to string together 9..10..11 play drives to get that TD...maybe that's a bit of the feeling of needing to force it

Grants been out since week 5....kinda coincides with when the offence seemed to go in these spells of inefficiency...have to admit the field position swings and starting usually behind the 40 if we have to return a kickoff and having no real position flips with any punt returns has been glaring...seems we always starting drives between the 15 and 30