Bombers @ TiCats: GDT

Noeller

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They had the best QB's and defenses.  Although Matthews D didn't win much when he didn't have a hall of fame QB....even Roy DeWalt.

How did they have the best defenses? By coaching thru fear & bringing in younger & cheaper players every season to replace aging & more expensive players. .  That's what I said but you deleted it. Try quoting everything I say, please & not just nit pick.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

How did they have the best defenses? By coaching thru fear & bringing in younger & cheaper players every season to replace aging & more expensive players. .  That's what I said but you deleted it. Try quoting everything I say, please & not just nit pick.

Not quoting rambling nonsense.  Answered the question.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Honestly we had soo many drives that did nothing and in the end we needed one more td. We had the ball with a minute in decent starting position and went two and out. Kicking and the decisions or kick or not didnt cost us our offence cost us. 

I mean we lost by 6 in a game where we missed two field goals, one of which was returned for points... kicking definitely had something to do with it but certainly the O shares in the blame

No way schmekl Jackson types should be on the roster, I'm also positive Eli is better than Kolo

We dress lots of guys who just play special teams and heres the thing, special teams suck this year. I don't think it's just the return game 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, wbbfan said:

It is lol it was added this year as an extra imp. And we’ve neglected to use it at all in many games using an ni instead. 

No it isn't.  It's that you can use your DI (now called Designated American) and "nationalize" them so they can sub in for a designated Canadian starter instead of only being able to sub in for other imports/Americans.  Same number of everything on roster, just more flexibility to sub in the DI's.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Next two are Argos and Lions.  Must wins to get first.  Don't think we could win 3 playoff games.  Kind of been one week up, one week down this season.  

Well I do agree something has to change. Uneven play is a recipe for losing games we shouldn't lose.

Just now, bustamente said:

In sports loyalty bites you in the arse eventually, you need to know when to move on but sometimes hold on to a player on past performances. 

Not sure it's Willie or biggie or rose or BA really struggling tho is it. 

Guys we holding on to get 4 plays a game 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Collaros sucks at screen passes, always has.

Disagree.  Oliviera has a ton of yards on them, Bailey over the years, used to get a couple quick ones out to Wolitarsky here and there, showed Calgary a little bubble to Lawler for 10 yards.  We totally dropped that tonight when would have busted the blitz as opposed to some 50-50 bombs or potential INTs.

Also when we go tempo Collaros is much better at going to the quick game.  Could do that anytime in the game.

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Disagree.  Oliviera has a ton of yards on them, Bailey over the years, used to get a couple quick ones out to Wolitarsky here and there, showed Calgary a little bubble to Lawler for 10 yards.  We totally dropped that tonight when would have busted the blitz as opposed to some 50-50 bombs or potential INTs.

Also when we go tempo Collaros is much better at going to the quick game.  Could do that anytime in the game.

Disagree with your disagreement.  If collaros has a weakness it's the short game. Yeah he can do it, but he lacks the touch on some of it and is usually looking further downfield. Just who he is as a qb. It's half the reason he hated his time in sask. Mcadoo was all short passes all the time. 

Truth is that Bombers were beaten in all three phases of the game plus out-coached again.  They were ready for Oliveira and hammered Shoen every chance they got. I recall at least two instances where the TiCat receivers bobbled the ball and could have been knocked into next week by the two defenders who had closed in on them. Instead, they were hugged. Bombers did not deserve to win and its the usual suspects every damned time.

Edited by Tracker

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not quoting rambling nonsense.  Answered the question.

Rambling nonsense?  Ha, ha. Sure, like you saying that Matthews didn't win much without a HOF qb? He won 236 games over 25 seasons in the CFL as a HC which is second all time behind Wally. He won 5 Grey Cups with 4 different teams & won COTY 5 times. Yeah, he sure didn't win much without a HOF qb. Neither did any HOF Head Coach. Like Cal Murphy with Tom Clements. Frank Clair with Russ Jackson. Eagle Keys with Ron Lancaster. Bud Grant with Ken Ploen & Hugh Campbell with both Tom Wilkinson & Warren Moon. Rambling nonsense. Lol.