Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders

MOBomberFan

We're still capable of beating any team in the league and winning every week but man are the cracks showing. Oline seems to be slipping compared to past seasons. ZC is playing well but some poor decisions and happy feet. Return game is awful without Grant. Kick coverage has been brutal all season. Kramdi makes too many mistakes and is not the answer at SAM. Jeffcoat and Jefferson while still excellent players are inconsistent (but burnout plays a role imo). Buck's playcalling can be questionable at times.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I asked this earlier, but can you challenge a facemask? It's bad enough that the refs missed Bradys head getting spun around, but even worse if our coaches missed it.

• Defensive Pass Interference
  • Offensive Pass Interference
  • Illegal Interference – Blocking Downfield by an eligible pass receiver
  • Roughing the Passer
  • Roughing or Contacting the Kicker
  • No Yards

A coach may challenge the following called foul:

• Illegal Block on a kick return

This is per CFL.db, because this league is ass when it comes to posting about its own rules.

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Rose and Houston were also poor, but our two defensive ends primary job is to get after the passer. They have done none of that for some time now. Tonight they were invisible(even after the Riders lost an olineman to injury and had to shuffle their line).

Don’t need a lot of time to just throw outs all game 

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

We're still capable of beating any team in the league and winning every week but man are the cracks showing. Oline seems to be slipping compared to past seasons. ZC is playing well but some poor decisions and happy feet. Return game is awful without Grant. Kick coverage has been brutal all season. Kramdi makes too many mistakes and is not the answer at SAM. Jeffcoat and Jefferson while still excellent players are inconsistent (but burnout plays a role imo). Buck's playcalling can be questionable at times.

Yup. Theyll really need to put it all together to win another cup though. Play with this many miscues and aint no way theyre going to beat Toronto.

5 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

True but he was getting a lot of steamboats and a clean pocket for the majority of the game. Zach was not.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 minute ago, blue85gold said:

And a DB shouldn't be thinking Pick 6 every time a team throws it. 

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup. Theyll really need to put it all together to win another cup. Play with this many miscues and aint no way theyre going to beat Toronto.

Or BC. 

We just need to come out prepared...from opening kickoff

The fact of what happened on the opening kick just shows everything was lacksidasical ho hum...and nobody said anything..big game...get Momo right off the bat....that there tells me we aren't as sharp as we were before..and that needs to change pronto

I am not against dressing more DL to help with a rotation, but I would also mention that this point is overblown given how good our defense has been this year. It's the CFL, all defenses are going to get beat up a bit sometimes. 

For my money I think the offense is much more problematic. Collaros has struggled far more this year protecting the ball and the offense as a whole is way more inconsistent (compared to the defense). 

And despite all that I still think we are the best team in the league. Toronto certainly has a good argument as well given the better record and defending champ title but I want to see how they handle things when the schedule is more compressed. 

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They both played fine. It was our secondary that was the problem. It has been all season & continues to be. They play soft zone coverage. They don't knock the ball down. They go for interceptions & get burned mightily. 

That’s really just Houston and it’s been costing us big time. The rest in the back have looked good. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The d gave up 1 td in regulation I believe that's 1 TD against In 3 games 

At what point do ppl look at Zach and the o. Zero completions at half? 

THIS

2 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

I am not against dressing more DL to help with a rotation, but I would also mention that this point is overblown given how good our defense has been this year. It's the CFL, all defenses are going to get beat up a bit sometimes. 

For my money I think the offense is much more problematic. Collaros has struggled far more this year protecting the ball and the offense as a whole is way more inconsistent (compared to the defense). 

And despite all that I still think we are the best team in the league. Toronto certainly has a good argument as well given the better record and defending champ title but I want to see how they handle things when the schedule is more compressed. 

It's not overblown..cost us 3 games now

I want them to focus on fixing the offense.  Other stuff like special teams is harder with roster, we are down a few important Canadians.  The offense has so many weapons.  Fix it.  Should be able to stay on the field all night.

On special teams if we can't cover...kick better!  We don't have to kick it deep if Castillo can't get it inside 15.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

We just need to come out prepared...from opening kickoff

The fact of what happened on the opening kick just shows everything was lacksidasical ho hum...and nobody said anything..big game...get Momo right off the bat....that there tells me we aren't as sharp as we were before..and that needs to change pronto

They weren't as up for the game as you have to be for the LDC