Week 13 - Labour Day Classic, Bombers @ Riders

MOBomberFan

1 minute ago, Captain Blue said:

Listen I promise I have read the points that you have repeatedly mentioned for many weeks, but this is nonsense. Osh has constantly preached about starting a new week, moving on, etc. This is the best team in the league. That's not complacency, that's consistency.

Funny enough today he made some roster changes and I don't think they were useful today. Parker was brutal. 

Starting anew sure...but seeing the same issues repeatedly....so staring anew means jack ....and Parker was better than Mcrae

The Argos are more consistent 

Just now, Piggy 1 said:

Well ,if there are no changes made to D side for BB ,I'm hunting Osh down myself. I dont think we have major issues on O. Except ,please put Eli in as center. Man ,i love watching him bull doze.

Our o did **** all for 3 quarters. Our QB keeps throwing interceptions. The O is quite problematic 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Starting anew sure...but seeing the same issues repeatedly....so staring anew means jack ....and Parker was better than Mcrae

Parker was awful on kick cover.  Can't really know who is contain but he was usually wide guy on right side of kickoffs and punt covers, consistently getting beat to the sideline on punts.

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

Well ,if there are no changes made to D side for BB ,I'm hunting Osh down myself. I dont think we have major issues on O. Except ,please put Eli in as center. Man ,i love watching him bull doze.

And what? He would eat your face, metaphorically and possibly literally. 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Parker was awful on kick cover.  Can't really know who is contain but he was usually wide guy on right side of kickoffs and punt covers, consistently getting beat to the sideline on punts.

Everything on kick coverage is awful...so who really knows who sucks worse 

1 minute ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

And what? He would eat your face, metaphorically and possibly literally. 

I'll do it then...lol...can't eat my face

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He traps it against the turf to secure it.  It's not like he had it and rolled onto it.

Any other time they would call that a trapped ball & incomplete catch.  Now, all of a sudden, they allow the player to complete the catch with the help of the turf.  Very inconsistent officiating by the on field officials & command center who, I assume, reviewed the play.

2 minutes ago, True Dru said:

Lawler was invisible for much of the night until OT. Couldn't seem to get open even though it looked to my untrained eyes like it was mostly single coverage on him. Not playing like a #1 right now at all

They need to focus on isolating him.  Get everyone else to the field.  Force the defense to either play him straight up or commit 2 defenders and leave space in the middle of the field for the rest to work.

This offense is doing less with more on a weekly basis, often getting bailed out by Oliviera and a few big plays.

1 minute ago, Bomberman said:

Any other time they would call that a trapped ball & incomplete catch.  Now, all of a sudden, they allow the player to complete the catch with the help of the turf.  Very inconsistent officiating by the on field officials & command center who, I assume, reviewed the play.

They better have.  TSN sure wanted to move along.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Agree Parker was better than McRae at fielding punts but that’s about it today.  Didn’t make any plays covering kicks (nobody did). Would still love to see him in over Kramdi on. D

8 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

So you’re saying even if you don’t use your challenges during the regular game time, they don’t carry over to overtime?

They were out of timeouts in regulation and since they couldn't challenge anymore, there was nothing to carry over.

Might have been different if they ended regulation with a timeout but they didn't.

Just the way I interpret the rules anyway.

8 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

**Double post**

Edited by bigg jay

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They need to focus on isolating him.  Get everyone else to the field.  Force the defense to either play him straight up or commit 2 defenders

Without seeing the all 24 -- do you think they were doubling him tonight or was he just not beating Marshall?

7 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

i was especially sickened to see Grey get turnstiled by 78 year old micah johnson for a sack

O Lineman are going to get beat. Why do fans think that if players don't play perfect then they must be have had a bad game? Newsflash: Johnson can still play. Judge the guy on the whole game. Not one play. Our line wasn't the problem today. How about our secondary being stupid & trying to play heroes constantly & giving up huge chunks of real estate?? Why has Lawler suddenly gone quiet? Why does it take us nearly a half to get going?? Whose decision was it to concede a single point when we were up by 4????

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, True Dru said:

Without seeing the all 24 -- do you think they were doubling him tonight or was he just not beating Marshall?

No they played a ton of zone.  We just kept running out 3 by 2 (or 2 by 2 with extra OL).  No real use of motion or formation tonight to create matchups.

The max protect issue is one to think about too.  We are wasting an eligible player on an OL most of the game.  So the D has an extra guy in coverage all the time.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

They were out of timeouts in regulation and since they couldn't challenge anymore, there was nothing to carry over.

Might have been different if they ended regulation with a timeout but they didn't.

From the 23023 CFL Rule Book

• In overtime, a team does not need a time-out to challenge a play