Bombers @ redblacks GDT - Week 6

4 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Something has to get way better or a change on the Oline is needed, otherwise Zac wont last the season. Hes taking a beating every game.  

Bombers’ vaunted aura of power is gone.  Several games now we’ve seen defenses physically match or exceed the Bombers oline and it’s not going to get better with the way Neufeld and Kolankowski are playing.  The last couple of home games you knew the crowd could sense it too.  Prevailed against Calgary in a tight came but add the errors and sloppiness of today’s performance… there will be more losses for sure.

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Bombers’ vaunted aura of power is gone.  Several games now we’ve seen defenses physically match or exceed the Bombers oline and it’s not going to get better with the way Neufeld and Kolankowski are playing.  The last couple of home games you knew the crowd could sense it too.  Prevailed against Calgary in a tight came but add the errors and sloppiness of today’s performance… there will be more losses for sure.

Hardrick too.  Not much consistent push there, struggling in pass pro.  Expect a lot more from an American lineman.

Thing is we have at least 3 guys waiting in wings that are seasoned and ready for action.  Dobson, Eli, Richmond.

When guys are broken down and tired they don't bring their feet and just try to lean on guys.  Seeing that a lot on the right side of our line.  For Neufeld those are the better plays when he actually makes contact, too many free runs by him.  Well you're not going to lean on Mauldin, Wakefield.  You might be able to lean on an Anthony Bennett.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Garbage tackling and garbage play calling. The o-line has become a huge concern and they secondary needs a shakeup. For all of Houston INT's im still not sold on him. Gets beat a lot. Rose and Parker need to come back in asap for Houston and Daramy-Swaray. And i'd like to see Tui and Dobson replace Neufeld and Kolankowski next game. Interior is getting dominated. Alexander was also hot garbage today too. Not sure WTF is up with him. His and Bighill's tackling was a joke. I fear a lot of people were/are right, this team looks old.

2 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned..Darby is a weak link on our D. would love to see them go after Kam Kelly if he’s available.

Lawler can’t return soon enough. 

Drop Alexander down to SAM.  If we have depth issues I'd way rather throw Hallett out there at safety than play a whole half with Briggs at WIL.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Drop Alexander down to SAM.  If we have depth issues I'd way rather throw Hallett out there at safety than play a whole half with Briggs at WIL.

Wilson should be back next week by the sounds of it. 

Briggs doesn’t need to be on the field other than ST at this point in his career. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Wilson should be back next week by the sounds of it. 

Briggs doesn’t need to be on the field other than ST at this point in his career. 

Nope...too bad we don't utilize the rule where he needn't need be

As dissapointing as that was...meh...long season and lots of time to correct a few minor things...some of which are coaching...some are player wise...but not as bad as many make it out to be.

An unfortunate and Brady fumble...a fluke and lucky pick 6 against...this is being discussed as an ugly win...B.C ain't gonna run away with the west...and I'd bet my left nut after our game coming out of the  bye we have same record as B.C.....ace in hole for us is we have some impact guys coming back...we know our coaches are better than what they have shown...and this team has the mental makeup and experience to right things come late Oct..going into Nov...no need to panic but some subtle changes are in order...pronto..this bye week is perfect timing and I expect some changes after the break

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Neufeld and Gray absolutely terrible too

How are we not making any lineup changes? Don’t worry though, Kyrie Wilson and his repaired ACL and Achilles are coming to save us.

This is the same breath of "fresh air" as the same "fresh air" at the corner Archibald and Misson rd.

I didn't have issues with scheme on D.  Kind of half rewatching now.  Such poor execution, just sloppy really.  I'm up over a dozen missed tackles on Crum behind the line of scrimmage and that's not even including all the times the ends overrun the pocket.  Ends just bolting straight up field leaving huge gaps for Crum.  As the guy gained confidence he sees more and more of the opportunities to move around.  Keep that guy in the pocket, keep VAJ in the pocket, no chance they can beat anyone.  Yeah it might take you 5 seconds to get a sack instead of 2, but you give those guys no chance to do anything because they won't be beating anyone from the pocket with their arm.

After several post game glasses of wine......
Definitely, Bum(b)mers this afternoon. Out-coached by Ottawa staff. Buck went conservative late in second quarter instead of going for the jugular. Schoen is a threat but not a "Lawler threat". (Will Lawler ever show up?). Hall couldn't/didn't adjust at the half. If you have a timeout or two, why not use them at critical times. Looked like Bombers were panicking near end. Brain farts by Collaros, Schoen, Wollie and Buck/Hall. Took Ottawa too lightly. It's a long season. Hope they learn from this.

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

People blaming the D are out to lunch, imo.

Not only should the offence have but this game out of reach early (remember when Ottawa couldn't even get a first down?), but we had two turnovers, including the pick-6, that allowed Ottawa the shot at that last drive.

Yeah even if the Bombers score a rouge in the 4th they win.  One FG.  Kind of reminiscent of O'Shea's first playoff game in BC where the O just goes ultra conservative and lets the other team back in.

2 minutes ago, Alpaca said:

How can you not put blame on the D? A rookie QB driving the field with a minute left to score a TD an 2 point convert. Not to mention all the yard’s given up in the second half? Not saying our O shouldn’t shoulder any blame but just the last drive alone is unacceptable. 

Because if the O does anything over 20 minutes of game time that drive doesn't even matter.  The D turned Ottawa over on third down twice and the O scored zilch.  Get a FG on one of those possessions...GAME OVER.