Game Day Thread - Lions @ Bombers. Week 3

JCon

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

If I'm osh I'm starting to wonder and maybe question why OLs can get away with so much holding against us tho 

They don’t. There’s literally no difference other than just an unintentional bias.

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Worst OL performance in 5+ years. What a steaming pile of dog ****. That combined with the Richie Hall Soft Vanilla Cone are the only story of the game.

We were trying to figure out when was the last time we saw this kind of offensive performance. 

credit to the Lions they came I to our hours end kicked our booties up and down the field 

Only bonus is my wife looks good on her jersey and the tequila tastes gooiioid

26 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Not saying permanently. It wouldn’t hurt a guy in their mid-late 30’s to sit for a week in July. 

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

We were trying to figure out when was the last time we saw this kind of offensive performance. 

I honestly don't remember it. Even the game in Ham last year wasn't this bad. The thing about Osh teams, in a they rarely IF EVER get stomped. It's always at least close. The fact that the Bombers ALLOWED a team to stomp them at home is extremely concerning. I'm heading home for holidays the next 3 games. I do NOT want more ******* losses while I'm home.

Just now, Mike said:

They don’t. There’s literally no difference other than just an unintentional bias.

It’s l not as bad as some (me) make it out to be while watching the games. 
With that, Jefferson is mugged constantly, and I haven’t seen it called in forever. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I honestly don't remember it. Even the game in Ham last year wasn't this bad. The thing about Osh teams, in a they rarely IF EVER get stomped. It's always at least close. The fact that the Bombers ALLOWED a team to stomp them at home is extremely concerning. I'm heading home for holidays the next 3 games. I do NOT want more ******* losses while I'm home.

2014 when they had that hot start, then lost like 30-3 to Edmonton here.

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

It’s l not as bad as some (me) make it out to be while watching the games. 
With that, Jefferson is mugged constantly, and I haven’t seen it called in forever. 

He is, but it’s also more noticeable on him because of his wingspan. He flails to sell it too but guys are allowed to grab. 

Just now, Mike said:

He is, but it’s also more noticeable on him because of his wingspan. He flails to sell it too but guys are allowed to grab. 

You may be right, it’s specifically the grab on the outside of the shoulder when he tries the swim. Hand always right around the back of the shoulder, handful of W logo. 

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm out of town can someone give a tldr? 

I'm guessing it wasn't a result of how O'Shea manages his roster, Augustine not being able to play during regular gametime or Agudossi being a disappointment while Bailey outperforming him? 

They played like trash. It happens. Both lines were awful. 
Couple bad, and a couple legit calls went against the Bombers early. They were done by halftime. 
Too many starters out. Too many old guys. No defensive tackles. BC DL really good. 

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Wake up call? Teams aren’t going to lie down for us? Bounce back game next game? Cliches help I guess. 

Not if they don’t get a few guys back from injury. Hansen for one would be huge.
I know Wilson and Jeffcoat will only play 3 games each but they’ll  be the best in the league for them. 

Rose, Houston will help. 

Not dressing 17 jobber linebackers and an American fullback would be cool in the meantime but I doubt that changes. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Not dressing 17 jobber linebackers and an American fullback would be cool in the meantime but I doubt that changes. 

The part that frustrates me is if we deployed them in other situations, it’d be a lot more understandable but we have to be the only team in the league who devotes 15-20% of their roster to strictly absolutely emergency tier backups and special teams tackling dummies 

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

The part that frustrates me is if we deployed them in other situations, it’d be a lot more understandable but we have to be the only team in the league who devotes 15-20% of their roster to strictly absolutely emergency tier backups and special teams tackling dummies 

It wouldn’t even be so bad if any of those guys made ST plays for that matter. 
When was the last time anyone forced a fumble on a return, or anyone not named Mike Miller made a big hit on ST?
Grant scores in spite of little to no blocking most of the time so it’s not like they’re doing much on that side either. 

It just kills me how much they leave on the table with their roster choices. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

2 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

It wouldn’t even be so bad if any of those guys made ST plays for that matter. 
When was the last time anyone forced a fumble on a return, or anyone not named Mike Miller made a big hit on ST?
Grant scores in spite of little to no blocking most of the time so it’s not like they’re doing much on that side either. 

It just kills me how much they leave on the table with their roster choices. 

This is it. It’s not like our special teams are setting the world on fire. Have some faith in your coaching abilities, do more with less there so we can give the guys in other spots a chance to breathe.