Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

18 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Perhaps, but he's been having a down year compared to his usual standards. You can see him making tackles every game now, whereas in the past few years, he was ghost because the play rarely went in his direction.

Erroneous! Nichols has always made tackles. Nature of Ritchie halls defense. Nichols just doesn't get the glory stats to win something like modp because of how he plays.

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Erroneous! Nichols has always made tackles. Nature of Ritchie halls defense. Nichols just doesn't get the glory stats to win something like modp because of how he plays.

He hasn't lived up to the reputation of being a shutdown corner this year, he's been beaten more frequently than past seasons. It's possible that it's due to the support around him. It's been pretty easy to see that he's been receiving considerably more camera time on TSN this year.

Like I said he used to be almost invisible in television coverage.

26 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

He hasn't lived up to the reputation of being a shutdown corner this year, he's been beaten more frequently than past seasons. It's possible that it's due to the support around him. It's been pretty easy to see that he's been receiving considerably more camera time on TSN this year.

Like I said he used to be almost invisible in television coverage.

Well for one...he's not a corner

8 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

According to cfl.ca

Nichols made 46 tackles in 2022 (12 games)

46 again in 2022 (15 games) 

Through 15 games this year, he’s made 36. 

Yeah...was gonna say he's not regressed in the least...still best HB in league bar none

7 hours ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Number of passes defended? And how many completions allowed?

League leader most likely....u have to also consider many games we were up a buttload and teams abandoned the run as they played catch-up and we also ran a lot of prevent soft coverage allowing garbage stats

18 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Really too bad about Agudosi. Had high hopes for him on this team. On a side note, he was one of the players that participated in hosting local cruncher players (kids u10) at the stadium and ran them through drills. My boy loved it and said Agudosi was awesome! Best of luck to him.

17 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

What a stupid ass group to cut. 
 Why did schmitz stay soo long? wtf with cutting burtenshaw deng swaray and Agudosi? 
 Machino and Schmekel stay? Over those guys? 
 Our roster management is cancer, and the culture of the team is no longer enough to over come it. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I called it on Agudosi.

Hands down would’ve been more valuable as a di on teams play alone than Parker was or Jackson entirely.  We don’t need an imp wr, and it doesn’t make sense to have a 30 yo rookie back up on the pr, but his tool kit on teams could’ve over come that. And if that’s the case cut him 10 weeks ago. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Why did schmitz stay soo long? wtf with cutting burtenshaw deng swaray and Agudosi? 
 Our roster management is cancer, and the culture of the team is no longer enough to over come it. 

I'm thinking 8 other teams just received some options.

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hands down would’ve been more valuable as a di on teams play alone than Parker was or Jackson entirely.  We don’t need an imp wr, and it doesn’t make sense to have a 30 yo rookie back up on the pr, but his tool kit on teams could’ve over come that. And if that’s the case cut him 10 weeks ago. 

I’ve had this sentiment about their use of the PR all year. It’s baffling. 
I’m not sure what or why, but something stinks in the front office. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

some head shakers....not surprising tho....I wouldn't say morons per say....Just a HC who has and plays favorites at the expense of guys who could really help, ...and it's not a good thing/look

People can use excuses that "they know more"..."must be a reason".....only agree with the must be a reason, and it's not a beneficial one to the team in long haul

On 2023-09-25 at 3:25 PM, voodoochylde said:

Given the way we've used our PR and recent additions .. he'll never see the active roster and be released at the end of the year.

Made this comment (about Deng) shortly after he  was signed.  I was wrong .. thought he'd at least last until the end of the year.