Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

Kuony Deng is a player I’ve been excited about since I heard he was on their negotiation list. You can do a lot of things with a guy like that, he’s got good edge rushing ability but he’s also an unbelievable tackler in open space … I think his numbers his best year at Cal were like 110 tackles in 13 games or something.

Yeah Deng is a classic CFL pressure and tackling machine, as he has the build and athleticism to really find the plays on a bigger field...I actually like the fact he is here now, and we could possibly see a debut vs B.C....Something tells me our roster coming into the last 4 games is gonna see some Hansen/Haba/Deng added to it

38 minutes ago, Booch said:

I actually like the fact he is here now, and we could possibly see a debut vs B.C....Something tells me our roster coming into the last 4 games is gonna see some Hansen/Haba/Deng added to it

I hope you're right Booch.....I think we're finally going to start playing all of our cards and the boost we could get from a Deng type player

I don't think we're going to see the changes you guys want until Mike Miller comes back (at this point...do we even see him this year??) and takes Jackson's FB spot, flipping the ratio, and allowing us to get more IMP's on to the roster. Only way we get more Haba (or whoever) is with Jeffcoat out, unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I don't think we're going to see the changes you guys want until Mike Miller comes back (at this point...do we even see him this year??) and takes Jackson's FB spot, flipping the ratio, and allowing us to get more IMP's on to the roster. Only way we get more Haba (or whoever) is with Jeffcoat out, unfortunately. 

no...as we had all 3 before...One extra DE is easy....2 is possible with the stupid Jackson thing abolished.....or even an extra DE in lieu of Cole...Or Clements.....as Deng has athleticism to pretty much make one of those guys disposable on game day, and really...Both are never on field at same time on defence anyway.....so would be a good trade off....Jackson offers us nothing that anyone else on the roster can't do...so wasting that DA spot is plain dumb....And his insertion takes a playmaker off the field. Sheed could even fill that role even just as well....been doing similar stuff and obliterating DE's and edge rushers for 3 yrs here now

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

no...as we had all 3 before...One extra DE is easy....2 is possible with the stupid Jackson thing abolished.....or even an extra DE in lieu of Cole...Or Clements.....as Deng has athleticism to pretty much make one of those guys disposable on game day, and really...Both are never on field at same time on defence anyway.....so would be a good trade off....Jackson offers us nothing that anyone else on the roster can't do...so wasting that DA spot is plain dumb....And his insertion takes a playmaker off the field. Sheed could even fill that role even just as well....been doing similar stuff and obliterating DE's and edge rushers for 3 yrs here now

I'm not disagreeing with you at all.... I just don't think Osh will make the change you guys are hoping for. I think if Miller was 100%, they'd get him in for Jackson, and then would free up some other changes. But stranger things have happened... we'll see what the roster looks like this week. If Schoen is out, that might change some things as well.... or we just get Agudosi in....... who knows. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

If we need a fullback use one of the 7 OL we have on the roster. Otherwise a DE can chase kicks as well (probably better) than Jackson anyway.

and we have used Gray in the same spot as Jackson....Many forget a few games this yr our depth chart didnt even list a Fullback and we did just fine too without Jackson on roster.

We drafted a fullback (Burtenshaw) who actually played that position in University....so why we don't use him is sad to say the least, as we bastardize the defensive depth for a hrdon Oshea has for a player with minimal skill at any position he has lined up for...and obviously he is no demon on teams as he has what...maybe 1 tackle??

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah Deng is a classic CFL pressure and tackling machine, as he has the build and athleticism to really find the plays on a bigger field...I actually like the fact he is here now, and we could possibly see a debut vs B.C....Something tells me our roster coming into the last 4 games is gonna see some Hansen/Haba/Deng added to it

not yabba dabba dooo??

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

So we've just signed Deng...don't expect him to be a player this week, but I can see this kid maybe in another week. And Hansen is a full participant so perhaps we see him this week in a limited role. 

4 minutes ago, ddanger said:

So we've just signed Deng...don't expect him to be a player this week, but I can see this kid maybe in another week. And Hansen is a full participant so perhaps we see him this week in a limited role. 

Hansen alone would be a nice addition to rotate wit the Jeff's, and if we roster another legit end to go with that.....I like the look of that down the stretch

Gimme a Hansen and another end...with a sprinkling of Grant and a dash of Ford, and I would feel good going into play-offs

32 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Habba for Jackson

Burtenshaw in at fullback

Hansen for Mauro.

Fox for Cole.

thats how I would roll with things with what we currently have on roster/PR

I would even try the new guy in over Fox to see what he brings, as we often line Jeffcoat and Willie inside with one of Walker or Lawson so we could get away with an extra speed guy

4 hours ago, Booch said:

That is MOS's MO over the past several seasons. He goes lean on the DL until the final third of the season and then ramps up the numbers down the stretch.

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Really Jackson... what would you say you DO here?

Whatever is asked of him in whatever position he is put in. And the team has won more when he was inserted into the line-up than the local favourites Parker and Haba. Which is really the most important thing for the coaching staff, whose job security is measured in wins and losses. Just sayin’. 😊

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm not disagreeing with you at all.... I just don't think Osh will make the change you guys are hoping for. I think if Miller was 100%, they'd get him in for Jackson, and then would free up some other changes. But stranger things have happened... we'll see what the roster looks like this week. If Schoen is out, that might change some things as well.... or we just get Agudosi in....... who knows. 

History tells us that MOS will make changes and roster tweaks. Depth charts from the past 4 years suggest that he changes up his roster composition down the stretch. Likes to get bigger bodies onto the roster.

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

Whatever is asked of him in whatever position he is put in. And the team has won more when he was inserted into the line-up than the local favourites Parker and Haba. Which is really the most important thing for the coaching staff, whose job security is measured in wins and losses. Just sayin’. 😊

sure....but doesn't do any of them well....or above average....is a ghost on ST's and non factor there...one could say our ST sucks more this yr due to his rostering?.....no?.....goes both ways

And to say we have been winning, due to him on roster and whatever role it is he assumes and his contribution to those wins was key is laughable...actually kind of sad to even bring that up to be honest...we won games as well when he was not on the roster, so obviously whomever it was that had his spot caused us to win as well

1 minute ago, Booch said:

sure....but doesn't do any of them well....or above average....is a ghost on ST's and non factor there...one could say our ST sucks more this yr due to his rostering?.....no?.....goes both ways

Noeller and I gave the sarcastic clap from the stands in calgary when he recorded a stat on trams finally after yet another huge calgary return. 

Guy might wear a lot of hats,  but he is easily replaced at any of those positions. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Noeller and I gave the sarcastic clap from the stands in calgary when he recorded a stat on trams finally after yet another huge calgary return. 

Guy might wear a lot of hats,  but he is easily replaced at any of those positions. 

I could come off my couch and offer just as much sadly...lol....I still long snap as I train younger players how to, as it's a lot of times the ticket they need down south for looks.