Blue Bombers - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

looking at some stats....Leggs is firmly planted dead last in FG %....Castillo firmly planted in 2nd.....barely behind that doucher Whyte....I discount the guy with 100% as he is 1 for 1

Fact of the matter tho....sooooooo much better off in that regard even tho it costs a DA spot...which is well worth it....too bad Castillo tho wasn't able to take over punts too, and we could have Hansen and one of Mauro or Karamoko

1 hour ago, Booch said:

looking at some stats....Leggs is firmly planted dead last in FG %....Castillo firmly planted in 2nd.....barely behind that doucher Whyte....I discount the guy with 100% as he is 1 for 1

Fact of the matter tho....sooooooo much better off in that regard even tho it costs a DA spot...which is well worth it....too bad Castillo tho wasn't able to take over punts too, and we could have Hansen and one of Mauro or Karamoko

With my zero technical or detailed analysis of both guys....  the eye test has Castillo kicking straight between the uprights nearly every time while Legs even when he makes his kicks it always seems to be veering or just sneaking in.   

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

With my zero technical or detailed analysis of both guys....  the eye test has Castillo kicking straight between the uprights nearly every time while Legs even when he makes his kicks it always seems to be veering or just sneaking in.   

and the fact everytime Leggs runs out there he looks like he is either gonna crap his pants....cry....or crawl into the fetal position and hope it all goes away is also not too inspiring....Castillo is just ho-hum...line this up here....boom....done...time for Pacifico and Taco's

20 hours ago, Brandon said:

My eye test for both is coach's comfort level in trying a long FG. We will send Castillo out for a 50 yarder in a close game, when Leggs was here we punted more often than not.

1 minute ago, WinnipegGordo said:

He was with the Jags in the preseason and caught a 2 point convert from Rourke.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/nathan-rourke-connects-with-oliver-martin-for-two-point-conversion

all things considered....not sure why bringing in another receiver is priority right now, and what sense tht makes with our current roster

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

wonder if he plays end?...lol

Well he has one thing going for him that's sure to get him a spot on the roster! 😂

Oliver Martin was a four-star recruit and U.S. Army All-American when he joined the Michigan Wolverines.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/08/oliver-martin-jaguars-2023-roster-review/

Just now, bigg jay said:

Well he has one thing going for him that's sure to get him a spot on the roster! 😂

Oliver Martin was a four-star recruit and U.S. Army All-American when he joined the Michigan Wolverines.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2023/08/08/oliver-martin-jaguars-2023-roster-review/

good grief

Just now, WinnipegGordo said:

Keep in mind the practice rosters have expanded for the next month. Some of these guys are just getting a look to see if they will be a good fit for next season.

which makes even more sense to whip in some DT's and DE's as well...we have no DT's basically other than Walker and Lawson and 2 of our 3 DE's worth spit are on wrong side of 30

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

The way Oshea deploys these vets you would expect him to recruit from the Swiss Army instead.