CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

35 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Seems pretty motivated to me. It " **SEEMS**  like he just wants to play. 

I guess we'll find out now

Nothing I've seen from kap in my humble opinion is prima Donna, just blacklisted. 

I'm not interested in political discussion here but there's no doubt he's been blacked balled by the nfl

Ffs we signed Pacman Jones.. 

Kap is good peeps....he stood up...well guess kneeled down for something he believed in, and had full support of his teamates...he was no cancer....he was just blackballed out of the league

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Kap was never a locker room cancer. His teammates loved him. Only the NFL owners and management hated him. 

yes this here

7 hours ago, CodyT said:

Nothing I've seen from kap in my humble opinion is prima Donna, just blacklisted. 

Being a big 49ers fan myself I followed them closely and even before the kneeling thing Kap was in hot water.    Dude was not liked by his team mates at all and it got so bad that they were starting a 5th string starter over him by the end purely because the guy was such an a-hole.    He had talent and really good physical abilities,  but as a team player every week it was causing distractions and strife in the locker room.  

His issues prior to the kneeling were nothing to do with politics at all,  it was just a guy that caused trouble and being extremely immature.   Dude could of been a starter and a star in the NFL and had it all but he was his own worse enemy.   

7 hours ago, JCon said:

Kap was never a locker room cancer. His teammates loved him. Only the NFL owners and management hated him. 

Nope this is revisionist history,   dude was a headache prior to the kneeling.    2013 he was lightning and everything was looking real good,  2014 he had an ego and was lazy and was butting heads with Harbaugh and skipping practices and workouts and was getting out of sh ape.   2015 with the new coach he woudln't listen and ended up losing the starting job to Blaine Gabbert and then got himself hurt missing the rest of the season.  Was a real a-hole that year.  During the off season the 49ers fired the coach and hired Chip Kelly who then said for 2016 it would be an open competition for starter between him and Blaine Gabbert and Kap flipped out and threw another hissy fit.   He did come into that season in shape but then did the kneeling thing in preseason and the rest is history.  

The dude was locker room cancer and not liked at all by his team mates and lost his job to Blaine friggin Gabbert!      

Only after the kneeling thing did he have support (and that was for the cause not for the man himself) so people like to revise history as in making the guy seem like he was beloved when in fact he wasn't.     Why he didn't play after 2016 that's a different story,  but prior to that he was on the outs for his poor work ethic.  

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Did not expect that at all. Still an older band, but I prefer this over some more random country singer/band. Nice change of pace. 

Only bigger semi-current band that I could think of is Foo Fighters, right now. They just don't have real rock bands anymore. It's more about the k-pop boy bands these days, or some rando hip hop artists but I know less than nothing about that.

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Only bigger semi-current band that I could think of is Foo Fighters, right now. They just don't have real rock bands anymore. It's more about the k-pop boy bands these days, or some rando hip hop artists but I know less than nothing about that.

Foo fighters would be siiiiccckkk. I’d say motley Crüe is big still. They haven’t had a relevant hit in ages but neither has green day. Queens of the Stone Age probably comparable though easily preferable to me. Sum 41 is Canadian but I think they are done again. 
 Boy the state of rock is depressing. 

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Foo fighters would be siiiiccckkk. I’d say motley Crüe is big still. They haven’t had a relevant hit in ages but neither has green day. Queens of the Stone Age probably comparable though easily preferable to me. Sum 41 is Canadian but I think they are done again. 

Ac DC or The Stones would be way bigger than Crue. Crue are kind of at the same level as Def Lep. Old 80s act hanging on, but not the legend status. Right now Foo are the biggest band in the world, but I'd say ACDC and Stones aren't too far behind. Also Springsteen and McCartney would be really big still in terms of popularity.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ac DC or The Stones would be way bigger than Crue. Crue are kind of at the same level as Def Lep. Old 80s act hanging on, but not the legend status. Right now Foo are the biggest band in the world, but I'd say ACDC and Stones aren't too far behind. Also Springsteen and McCartney would be really big still in terms of popularity.

The stones were great 15 years ago. As much as I love them I wouldn’t pay 5 bucks to watch them live now. 
 Def leopard wishes they were motley Crüe lol. 
 AC/DC would be huge for sure. Probably one of the biggest rock acts still going for sure. The boss as well, tremendous live performer as well. 
 I wouldn’t put sir Paul as a rock guy but he for sure is a huge draw. I’d probably lump more classic metal acts into rock now, like Metallica. They’ve been mainstream and softer than metal for longer than they were hard. 

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

There are 2 versions of Metallica, the band's 3 first lp's were pure thrash, the black album brought them into the mainstream the rest is all underwhelming and now they cash in touring

Yep pretty much. Nothing for me will ever match ride the lightning, and justice for all, and master of puppets. But I don’t blame a band for going in a new direction. 
The music video for One is high art imop. From the brilliant lyrics to the nuance like using blast beat to imitate gun fire, to how they fit it to scenes from the movie Johnny got his gun. One of the very peaks of art in metal. 
 the offspring would also be an epic rock get for a half time show. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep pretty much. Nothing for me will ever match ride the lightning, and justice for all, and master of puppets. But I don’t blame a band for going in a new direction. 
The music video for One is high art imop. From the brilliant lyrics to the nuance like using blast beat to imitate gun fire, to how they fit it to scenes from the movie Johnny got his gun. One of the very peaks of art in metal. 
 the offspring would also be an epic rock get for a half time show. 

For a band who didn't want to do music videos they really did a great job, to bad Cliff had to die so young

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

In terms of concert sales right now, I’d put Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Es Sheeran and Elton John way ahead of Foo Fighters, and for actual bands being bigger, right now Coldplay, U2, Springsteen, and even Guns and Roses are bigger box office draws. I don’t think Motley Crüe or even Metallica would appeal to a football audience en masse. 

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Saw Crue recently...they horrible live now... Vince Neal is utterly embarrassing 

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The stones were great 15 years ago. As much as I love them I wouldn’t pay 5 bucks to watch them live now. 
 Def leopard wishes they were motley Crüe lol. 
 AC/DC would be huge for sure. Probably one of the biggest rock acts still going for sure. The boss as well, tremendous live performer as well. 
 I wouldn’t put sir Paul as a rock guy but he for sure is a huge draw. I’d probably lump more classic metal acts into rock now, like Metallica. They’ve been mainstream and softer than metal for longer than they were hard. 

Def Leppard carried that tour....was best of the bunch....

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ive seen Def Leppard twice and they were awesome. Might be my favorite concerts and ive been to like 30+.

Yeah same...seen Def 4 times...Crue 7....all the way back to the heydays of concerts in the mid late 80's....back when rock bands and arena concerts were the best and real...not the crap we see today.

My first concert ever was an Iron Maiden show...when I was 13