CFL - 2023 Regular Season - Discussion Thread

JCon

30 minutes ago, The Zipp said:

Ottawa Redblacks give Tyrie Adams first career start, drop Nick Arbuckle to third string vs. Elks: Tyrie Adams is set to make his first career start at quarterback for the Ottawa Redblacks when they take on the Edmonton Elks on Friday

This could be a tough one to watch.....maybe we will be shocked at a couple of rookie QB's going head to head...

Wow! Agree this one might be a little tough to watch - however will be interesting to see which team finally gets a win!

17 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

What happened to their QB Ford? He didn't look completely lost out there last year. And if I recall got them their first W of the season. 

He was on the 1 game IR and likely gets added back to their AR this week?

EDIT: Nope. It looks like he wasn't one of the roster updates today. He's still on the 1 game IR at the moment.

Edited by Blue In BC
New info found regarding comment

1 hour ago, The Zipp said:

Ottawa Redblacks give Tyrie Adams first career start, drop Nick Arbuckle to third string vs. Elks: Tyrie Adams is set to make his first career start at quarterback for the Ottawa Redblacks when they take on the Edmonton Elks on Friday

This could be a tough one to watch.....maybe we will be shocked at a couple of rookie QB's going head to head...

Could be a lot of excitement which is almost as much fun as a good game.

19 minutes ago, Blue In BC said:

Elks keep losing key players and we're seeing Jones make multiple roster changes every game. That's not a good formula for success and players are checking out.

Redblacks seem to at least be trying harder but losing Masoli for so long hasn't helped.

While my memory is not as good as it use to be - didn't Jones do the same thing last year as well? I seem to remember him making multiple roster changes for just about every game last year also. What a sad commentary on the franchaise in Edmonton - once a proud franchaise and the hated empire throughout the league to bottom feeder status.

11 minutes ago, BBRT said:

While my memory is not as good as it use to be - didn't Jones do the same thing last year as well? I seem to remember him making multiple roster changes for just about every game last year also. What a sad commentary on the franchaise in Edmonton - once a proud franchaise and the hated empire throughout the league to bottom feeder status.

He did and next will be some questionable "purges" from the roster...before they hopefully let him go and this is the last the CFL sees of this clown.

4 hours ago, The Zipp said:

Two guys making their first start. Pick defense if you play fantasy, lol.

11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Two guys making their first start. Pick defense if you play fantasy, lol.

So lock of the week is essentially down to two games then? And 3 of those 4 teams are the best defences by scoring average (this season). Maybe I should pick a defensive player for a pick-6 as my choice. 

4 hours ago, BBRT said:

Wow! Agree this one might be a little tough to watch - however will be interesting to see which team finally gets a win!

Edmonton has lost 7 straight going back to last year, Ottawa 5. Edmonton has a 19 game home losing streak, Ottawa stands at 13 straight losses at home, and 24 of their last 25 (their lone win was against Edmonton in October 2021). May want to pick the road team here, and if the over/under is 0.0 points, bet the under. 

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Edmonton has lost 7 straight going back to last year, Ottawa 5. Edmonton has a 19 game home losing streak, Ottawa stands at 13 straight losses at home, and 24 of their last 25 (their lone win was against Edmonton in October 2021). May want to pick the road team here, and if the over/under is 0.0 points, bet the under. 

It’s gonna be a tie looool 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Is Masoli still injured from the Marino play?

The Elks roster shuffling is bad, but last season it was quite a bit worse.

dude is never gonna be the same again. 

20 hours ago, Mark F said:

Is Masoli still injured from the Marino play?

The Elks roster shuffling is bad, but last season it was quite a bit worse.

I gotta think Jones has a maximum of 2 games before he's canned. He better hope some of these combos work or I think he's out.

25 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I gotta think Jones has a maximum of 2 games before he's canned. He better hope some of these combos work or I think he's out.

25 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Jones getting fired would be a relief to many- maybe even him. Life cannot be enjoyable for him these days.

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

50/50 Masoli even plays before all the Ottawa staff get fired again. 

I sure hope not. Dyce deserves time.  He’s still trying to clean up plops mess of a roster. 
 With jones on the verge of getting canned too and maybe even coach O I can see a race to fire starting. That way front offices start their search early and get the best guy available. At least in theory. 
 Bad for the league to have multiple in season firings though. Jones will be a net gain by getting him out.