CFL - Pre-Season - All Your Non-Bomber News/Talk - 2023

JCon

IF Kongbo was a crap disturber or anti-fifo he sure didn't display it here....We wouldn't have wanted him back if he wasn't a good fit....Don't forget B.C. is his home and I am pretty sure he would've done everything he could to make it work there...Didn't happen and you have to think there was a concerning problem and he wanted out....Sure was being paid well so something else must have taken place for him to leave.....In any event ....not our concern....Kongbo is probably regretting his decision to sign with the leos....too late now

Edited by Stickem

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm biased because I believe Kongbo is a starter. Fans usually forget that every player believes they're a starter as well...as they should. So to come to an organization where maybe your starters aren't putting in work like you are, or like you are used to seeing (remember Russ W was working out on a flight) AND they're getting reps over you. I can see why that would rub a competitor the wrong way. IMO that's they kind of attitude you want in a locker room. Work as hard as me or you're going to hear about it!

Also people should keep in mind, this is the first drama aroud Kongbo...ever? Even his college teammates/coaches only had positive things to say about the guy. 

I'm not slagging the guy. We don't know anything but hearsay so nothing is definite one way or the other. I'm just discussing out loud the things that are being said by Kongbo, BC players, and media. 

That said, there were some rumours about Kongbo being unsatisfied with playing time while he was here. And one of the things about Winnipeg's locker room and the whole FIFO mentality is, you don't hear about the drama. They keep it in house. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

yeah bizzare scenario...And we dont know what B.C told him when he signed....may have said "you" are our starter...then waivered?...or like mentioned...he putting in the work and effort that has been ingrained in him here...where nary an issue was raised, and where he was in a rotation as well...and saw slackers....loafers...guys not putting in the work the way he is accustomed to...so voiced his concern...and yeah if he said "wtf man...I doing more than anyone here...encouraging guys to step it up)..etc..etc....and am being pushed to bottom of depth chart...I'd be cheesed too and say something....now his previous day tweet where all he said was "winning takes commitment" is very telling...sucks he went there to play at home...and this happens....but bet come 2024...he will be back playing at his "home"

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I'm not slagging the guy. We don't know anything but hearsay so nothing is definite one way or the other. I'm just discussing out loud the things that are being said by Kongbo, BC players, and media. 

That said, there were some rumours about Kongbo being unsatisfied with playing time while he was here. And one of the things about Winnipeg's locker room and the whole FIFO mentality is, you don't hear about the drama. They keep it in house. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I didn't mean to imply you were slagging him. I agree that it's all hearsay.

And I gaurentee there are a lot of guys in WPG and around the league that aren't happy with their playing time. It's pro sports. I would hope every backup wants more. The difference is how the club handles those things.

Like Booch pointed out, BC staying behind to fight makes me believe the locker room isn't as professional as some BC players are making it seem.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I didn't mean to imply you were slagging him. I agree that it's all hearsay.

And I gaurentee there are a lot of guys in WPG and around the league that aren't happy with their playing time. It's pro sports. I would hope every backup wants more. The difference is how the club handles those things.

Like Booch pointed out, BC staying behind to fight makes me believe the locker room isn't as professional as some BC players are making it seem.

nope...and over last 2 yrs...have a lot of issues with guys being late...missing mtgs...etc....Campbell if u ask me is a putz of a coach who his players take advantage of and no accountability is evident there...from top to bottom...thats the take that I am seeing

12 hours ago, CodyT said:

Sure, but **** happens. Things change. Egos change. It's all speculation. I hope that to be the case but nothings definitive. It's all off a few tweets

I'm just saying maybe it's a good idea to refrain from judge jury and executioner until we know the facts 

Didn't the BC lions want to have a show down in a ******* parking lot with Calgary last year? Like a bunch of players (BC vets and starters) try and start something? 

And Kongbo... he... he.. fits into a solid locker room? Is a professional? 

I guess we can wait for all the facts and all that jazz... but as history goes, I am going to give JK the benefit of the doubt before BC 

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

Farhan reported that Kongbo didn't react well to finding out he wasn't starting - said a bunch of stuff to other players and coaches.

I don't know guys, I kind of believe that.

I get what you’re saying, but Kongbo has earned the benefit of the doubt. Bc has not. 
 Kongbo also rotated his whole time here. 
 It also falls on the team pitching the fa. I have no doubt if kongbo thought he was going to start it’d be because they pitched him on it. Though I assumed on his signing with them that it’d be a rotation of 3 ni ends. 
 But then also it makes the most sense for kongbo to play the most time of the 3. He’s drastically better vs the run and getting in on the hcf screen areas than the other two. 

25 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

the thing I look for here is to see how hard the receivers are blocking.  you got 4-6 receivers and one ball, all those guys are super competitive and they all want the ball on every play.  so how do they play when they don't get the ball?  Are they throwing blitzkrieg blocks like Bailey and Woli do?  or are they playing more like a Duron Carter?

that's one question I have about our promising bench guys BOLO and Agudosi -- are they gonna bring that warrior WR mindset? 

Edited by johnzo

2 minutes ago, johnzo said:

the thing I look for here is to see how hard the receivers are blocking.  you got 4-6 receivers and one ball, all those guys are super competitive and they all want the ball on every play.  so how do they play when they don't get the ball?  Are they throwing blitzkrieg blocks like Bailey and Woli do?  or are they playing more like a Duron Carter?

that's one question I have about our promising bench guys BOLO and Agudosi -- are they gonna bring that warrior WR mindset? 

BOLO has already shown he goes downfield and blocks...thats why the staff and receiver group loves him...he has talent...but also plays like Bailey....what a perfect vet to learn from

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

Not only that but at positions like DL it’s advantageous to rotate more and go harder in fewer reps. 

I think think the expectations of wrs away from the ball is why talented productive guys in camp don’t make the team. No jogging and running dbs off when the ball goes to some one else. Gotta block as hard as you run with the ball. 

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

Farhan reported that Kongbo didn't react well to finding out he wasn't starting - said a bunch of stuff to other players and coaches.

I don't know guys, I kind of believe that.

maybe that was a factor for why he chose BC?  Because they told him he was getting a start and bonuses were being offered based on that promise, and then they screwed him over?  I don't know, I am biased here as I will always see through blue glasses, especially for anyone that was on the 2019 GC team.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

maybe that was a factor for why he chose BC?  Because they told him he was getting a start and bonuses were being offered based on that promise, and then they screwed him over?  I don't know, I am biased here as I will always see through blue glasses, especially for anyone that was on the 2019 GC team.

First part for sure, he was definitely under the assumption that he was going to start.

Now, how it went from that to him leaving the team. That's all speculation.

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I get what you’re saying, but Kongbo has earned the benefit of the doubt. Bc has not. 
 Kongbo also rotated his whole time here. 
 It also falls on the team pitching the fa. I have no doubt if kongbo thought he was going to start it’d be because they pitched him on it. Though I assumed on his signing with them that it’d be a rotation of 3 ni ends. 
 But then also it makes the most sense for kongbo to play the most time of the 3. He’s drastically better vs the run and getting in on the hcf screen areas than the other two. 

Kongbo is likely to get even less reps. in Hamilton unless they shed some D-line weight, could be a pure ratio switch and they get rid of Ja'Gared Davis and his sizeable contract.

14 hours ago, wbbfan said:

For me it’s good enough to know kongbo was a fifo guy and beloved by the coaching staff in Denver, and that bc has shown signs of toxic crap. 
 Kongbo was also considered to be a very high character guy back to his days with the vols. 

I’m a huge Broncos fan and follow them quite closely, while Kongbo never stuck with the Broncos, he was a favourite of everyone in camp. Good attitude, always brought good energy.

Pretty big announcement from CFL

Diving deeper into the game you love.

The #CFL has partnered with @PFF to shine the spotlight on the league’s world-class players and action on the field.

🗞️: bit.ly/42z4kd2

PFF was started by Chris Collinsworth former Bengal and Sunday Night Football colour man, will get a ton of analytical data from them.

27 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I’m a huge Broncos fan and follow them quite closely, while Kongbo never stuck with the Broncos, he was a favourite of everyone in camp. Good attitude, always brought good energy.

yeah...but the clowns on B.C say otherwise....hahahaha....But I agree...He's had no issues from college...until last week.....so...what seems not to fit here....yup....B.C and their spin...No worries...I bet my left nut he's in B&G next summer...And I like my left nut

2 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...but the clowns on B.C say otherwise....hahahaha....But I agree...He's had no issues from college...until last week.....so...what seems not to fit here....yup....B.C and their spin...No worries...I bet my left nut he's in B&G next summer...And I like my left nut

According to farhan lionsguy they have great culture lool 

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Pretty big announcement from CFL

PFF was started by Chris Collinsworth former Bengal and Sunday Night Football colour man, will get a ton of analytical data from them.

That’s exciting I can’t wait to see. 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Masoli out for 2 weeks. Still not ready for ott.

Right after I picked ott in the pool rip 

Edited by wbbfan