CFL - Pre-Season - All Your Non-Bomber News/Talk - 2023

JCon

I’m told Kongbo was “not a fit in the room” & it was important for #BCLions to get back to the chemistry they had before the trade. This deal eliminates what was going back to #TiCats in the Dane Evans deal; a 4th round pick that escalates to a 3rd.

On 2023-06-04 at 10:11 AM, Colin Unger said:

I thought the XFL had 3 year deals only with NFL opt outs?  How is it that Colin Kelly was available to the Riders?

The XFL, while not having any official provision for it, has said all along they would release any player if they wanted to go to the CFL.

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The XFL, while not having any official provision for it, has said all along they would release any player if they wanted to go to the CFL.

The nfl requires an unconditional release for the xfl guys to try out. So if they get an nfl look they are cut from the xfl deal. 

Never really heard of any disruptions by Kongbo here.....our locker room seemed pretty tight....Don't think a guy turns sour over night BUT something is going on and it might not fit fifo's parameters.....Go after Bennett for sure.....someone is going to shake loose in the hammer, and it would be right up our alley if it was Bennett

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The nfl requires an unconditional release for the xfl guys to try out. So if they get an nfl look they are cut from the xfl deal. 

Yes that's true. Did Kongbo get released to try NFL? Haven't been keeping up with him since he left.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Yes that's true. Did Kongbo get released to try NFL? Haven't been keeping up with him since he left.

Yeah. Twice. I was talking about the xfl thing though. 
 A strong locker room can keep a small amount of big egos in check. But a fifo guy also isn’t going to fit in with a crap locker room. Not sure which is which but I put my trust in kongbo. Not a team lead by vaj. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Yeah. Twice. I was talking about the xfl thing though. 
 A strong locker room can keep a small amount of big egos in check. But a fifo guy also isn’t going to fit in with a crap locker room. Not sure which is which but I put my trust in kongbo. Not a team lead by vaj. 

For sure. I was just wondering if Kongbo was released to try NFL after XFL and that's why he was available? I realize he has been through the NFL wringer a few times now.

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Never really heard of any disruptions by Kongbo here.....our locker room seemed pretty tight....Don't think a guy turns sour over night BUT something is going on and it might not fit fifo's parameters.....Go after Bennett for sure.....someone is going to shake loose in the hammer, and it would be right up our alley if it was Bennett

If you ask me, the BC Lions signed him to way too high a contract to make sure we didn't get him and had no real intentions of keeping him. Then traded him for whatever scraps they could get. Kongbo fetching only a 4th round pick screams bad contract to me.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

For sure. I was just wondering if Kongbo was released to try NFL after XFL and that's why he was available? I realize he has been through the NFL wringer a few times now.

Yeah he was released and stuck for what would’ve been his option year with the broncos. So he was a ufa this year late bc gave elite money now flipped him for peanuts. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah he was released and stuck for what would’ve been his option year with the broncos. So he was a ufa this year late bc gave elite money now flipped him for peanuts. 

Sounds like a punk move by the leo's......do anything to keep him off of our roster and a position of need...I hope to hell it backfires on them and the cats....

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Sounds like a punk move by the leo's......do anything to keep him off of our roster and a position of need...I hope to hell it backfires on them and the cats....

I think the Leo's do this quite a bit. Every year they seem to cut an offseason big signing. 

35 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think the Leo's do this quite a bit. Every year they seem to cut an offseason big signing. 

True. They’ve been trying to buy a winner in free agency for years now. And their big off season moves seldom work out. 

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:
I’m told Kongbo was “not a fit in the room” & it was important for #BCLions to get back to the chemistry they had before the trade. This deal eliminates what was going back to #TiCats in the Dane Evans deal; a 4th round pick that escalates to a 3rd.

He wasn't a fit in the room because he wants to win...lol...