Winnipeg Jets 2023 Off-Season Thread

On 2023-08-15 at 3:22 PM, bb1 said:

Yeah that would be good except he already turned it down? As long as we don't sign him to an 8 year deal. 

3 or 4 years would be good but 5 or more is too much.

I can't think of a goalie that performed well at this age. 

He would be 35 after a 4 year deal and that is pushing it.

3 x 10m would be okay with me.

Give Scheif a 7 x 9m that is front loaded so it doesn't hurt as much when you buy out his last year or two.

12m, 12m, 12m, 8m, 7m, 6m, 6m.

I think the Jets waive Capo, send Ville to the Moose and roster JMo, DD, Dillon, Samberg, Schmidt, Pionk, Stanley and Chisholm.

For the forwards, I think they waive AJF.

They say that teams are balking at the asking price   give it a month or so, helle will be dealt and I feel an announcement is likely at fan fest that 55 has signed a new deal and Is the C. Josh Adam with A's  

Sounds like maybe they aren't really trying to move them, possible extensions in the works but I'm sure if some team says ok Chevy we will give you exactly what you want, yeah they'd be gone but Jets want to win.  Having a 1 center and franchise goalie helps 

Edited by Goalie

On 2023-09-10 at 2:26 PM, iHeart said:

I don't know if this is the week that we'll get any Captain's announcements but I am really wishing that Elon didn't F*** up twitter just so I can check the feed while I'm at work

Captain is irrelevant.  I played hockey. My teams had captains.  Nobody cared. Captain is just a letter that means very little. The whole room is full of captains 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

was my choice all along.... has all the intangibles you want in a Captain. 

Traditionally C's are given to the 'best' player on the ice.

Best being the argument you give the C to a player who puts a lot of G's and A's on the board because then their actions match their words.

I've always thought this to be very narrow minded in what makes a true great leader in sport on and off the ice/field.