Winnipeg Jets 2023 Off-Season Thread

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Noeller said:

Who in the actual **** has physical cash on them and why are you so old? (Waits for Al to come in with an off the wall rant about how things are done in Alberta or MB back in 1971)

I carry and pay in cash just to confuse millennials.  It's fantastic watching them panic when I pull out a $20 to pay a $15 bill and they can't do the math in their heads to give me change. 

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I carry and pay in cash just to confuse millennials.  It's fantastic watching them panic when I pull out a $20 to pay a $15 bill and they can't do the math in their heads to give me change. 

What's funny is millennials aren't the young generation anymore. They're mid to late 30s now. Showing your age by calling out the "old" millennials, there, Boomer. I'm not even sure what the young kids today are... I'm old as **** and I'm Gen X-ennial...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

What's funny is millennials aren't the young generation anymore. They're mid to late 30s now. Showing your age by calling out the "old" millennials, there, Boomer. I'm not even sure what the young kids today are... I'm old as **** and I'm Gen X-ennial...

OK fine - Gen Z - whatever - and I don't really care that I am "showing my age", and no I'm not a Boomer.  To me "showing your age" is going on internet forums criticizing people for carrying cash.  That's just weird.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

20 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

IG Field has been since 2021 it works great.

Except the one game where all the credit card machines went down and they said “All our machines are down, we only accept cash, do you have any?” about one month after they said they were no longer accepting cash in the COVID season. I have never heard a specific question “Why would I bring cash when you told me you longer accepted cash?” repeated so often in one day. Also never have had a question go unanswered as much as that one. Think the 50/50 was the lowest payout ever that game. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

Maple Leafs mock trade: Toronto acquires Connor Hellebuyck from Winnipeg Jets (msn.com)

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Except the one game where all the credit card machines went down and they said “All our machines are down, we only accept cash, do you have any?” about one month after they said they were no longer accepting cash in the COVID season. I have never heard a specific question “Why would I bring cash when you told me you longer accepted cash?” repeated so often in one day. Also never have had a question go unanswered as much as that one. Think the 50/50 was the lowest payout ever that game. 

Which is why I always carry cash on me.  Computers go down, cash doesn't.