Winnipeg Jets 2023 Off-Season Thread

Still think they move out a D.. Dillon likely since he's making 3 million and they got a few younger guys. Need room for bonus money. 

Some move is coming eventually 

In other news apparently helle will be a Jet to start the season 

On 2023-07-19 at 8:36 PM, Goalie said:

Still think they move out a D.. Dillon likely since he's making 3 million and they got a few younger guys. Need room for bonus money. 

Some move is coming eventually 

In other news apparently helle will be a Jet to start the season 

I doubt the D man they move will be Dillon. He makes 4m this season and a 2m bonus was just paid and he keeps the front of the crease clear as any Jets' D man.

His AAV is 3.9m.

Stanley's QO is 875k and I wouldn't offer him a penny more.

I think Schmidt is moved. Hopefully it is Schmidt and Stanley.

Bruins reportedly prefer Elias Lindholm trade over Mark Scheifele deal (msn.com)

On 2023-07-23 at 11:25 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I fear that other teams decided to dig deeper into 55's "fancy stats" and see the disadvantage of having a 40 goal scorer.

Former 40 goal scorer, who doesn't back check.

Reading an article today( sorry lost the link)  about the Avs trying to upgrade their 2c and 3c. They got the numbers from their current free agents then when out and tried to upgrade based on the same amount! When does Chevy ever get this opportunity in free agency? 

6 hours ago, bb1 said:

Reading an article today( sorry lost the link)  about the Avs trying to upgrade their 2c and 3c. They got the numbers from their current free agents then when out and tried to upgrade based on the same amount! When does Chevy ever get this opportunity in free agency? 

When winnipegs winter weather becomes more Texas like so prob 40 50 years still 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I was told in school that by the time I'm 80, Winnipeg may be Texas like so  45 50 years to go still. 

Did you have an actual climate scientist for a teacher?  Anyway, not wanting to get political here, but that just seems insane to me that anyone would tell you that with a straight face, in a place of actual supposed learning.

Back to topic!

39 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Did you have an actual climate scientist for a teacher?  Anyway, not wanting to get political here, but that just seems insane to me that anyone would tell you that with a straight face, in a place of actual supposed learning.

Back to topic!

Just a climate guy who came in one day. He said one day winnipeg is expected to be similar to Texas in terms of weather. Dude likely off by a bit but... maybe not by as much as we all expect 

Edited by Goalie

On 2023-07-30 at 6:55 PM, Goalie said:

Just a climate guy who came in one day. He said one day winnipeg is expected to be similar to Texas in terms of weather. Dude likely off by a bit but... maybe not by as much as we all expect 

Off by a bit???

Maybe it was the same guy who claimed climate change is real because he saw warm winds coming off the mountains in Alberta melt all the snow away while he filmed a movie here. Oh, STFU Leonardo DiCaprio you idiot. They're called Chinooks which means, "Snow Eater".

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47cu9sq7r4c4iazlw7l0

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2023-08-01 at 3:30 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Off by a bit???

Maybe it was the same guy who claimed climate change is real because he saw warm winds coming off the mountains in Alberta melt all the snow away while he filmed a movie here. Oh, STFU Leonardo DiCaprio you idiot. They're called Chinooks which means, "Snow Eater".

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47cu9sq7r4c4iazlw7l0

Seems the climate boys here are unhappy with my reference to dumbass Di Caprio. Good. He deserves it for opening his rich & entitled mouth. He's the Gold Standard for stupid.

https://edmontonsun.com/2015/12/09/its-a-chinook-leo-albertans-respond-to-dicaprios-climate-experience-while-filming-the-revenant

Edited by SpeedFlex27

• 2 weeks later...