The RIP 2023 Thread

TrueBlue4ever

41 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Again, just my opinion & this thread is going nowhere but does every celebrity that dies make you feel sad? I'd say only about half may affect everyone enough to comment here, if that. Besides, most people are on social media & when a celebrity dies we know about it & can comment.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That is true. Like I said, how I feel about the RIP thread is just my opinion. I mean, the thing is here & when I feel inclined then I will comment. Would I miss it if it suddenly disappeared? No. However, like I already said, I know the thing ain't going nowhere. 

Here's the thing, you do comment on many of these, scroll back a couple of pages and there is a comment about **** Butkus,  ECW/WCW wrestling and addiction and alcoholism. You participate as much as anyone so stop being a hypocrite and stop suggesting it should be shut down and no one should talk about these things. You avail yourself of the freedoms to chat here, why suggest that others shouldn't?

47 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Again, just my opinion & this thread is going nowhere but does every celebrity that dies make you feel sad? I'd say only about half may affect everyone enough to comment here, if that. Besides, most people are on social media & when a celebrity dies we know about it & can comment.

I agree that a ton of the posts in this thread won't affect everyone but that can be said for any other thread/topic on here.  It obviously affected someone enough that they felt it needed to be posted so who are we to say what's worth posting to somebody else?  The simple solution to either ignore the thread/certain posters or only comment if/when it appeals to you (which you admit you already do).

The fact that social media exists and can serve the same function is irrelevant. Should the whole board be shut down because we can already comment on Bomber news on social media?  We get most of our Bomber news & updates from social media and bring it here to discuss so why should this thread be any different?

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it's  the most Alberta thing ever to believe that your opinion is the only correct one and everyone else should believe what you believe, and if they don't they're wrong. It's "Selective Libertarianism".... "everyone should be able to live their life on their own terms.... as long as it's exactly what I believe".......

...Also, the ability to mute certain posters is the best function on this website, and saves me every day, until someone quotes someone that I've muted. Shame. 

You've had years to mute me here yet you never have. Nah, you won't cuz I live in your head here constantly & have for years. Aren't I the lucky one? 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475wuaakif964aqqqgsx

4 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I agree that a ton of the posts in this thread won't affect everyone but that can be said for any other thread/topic on here.  It obviously affected someone enough that they felt it needed to be posted so who are we to say what's worth posting to somebody else?  The simple solution to either ignore the thread/certain posters or only comment if/when it appeals to you (which you admit you already do).

The fact that social media exists and can serve the same function is irrelevant. Should the whole board be shut down because we can already comment on Bomber news on social media?  We get most of our Bomber news & updates from social media and bring it here to discuss so why should this thread be any different?

These fan sites have been greatly affected by social media. How many big CFL chat sites are there anymore compared to 20 years? back then, I remember there was a couple of huge CFL chat sites that are gone now. Other than Argofans, Lionbackers, Riderfans & here there aren't many team chats left. Even the old site called Esksfans (not sure what it's called now looks to be shrinking). People go on X, Facebook, Meta or Instagram to post their thoughts. We're lucky to have this place just for Bomber discussion. 

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I feel I started this. Hope nobody took it out of context tho. I just meant folks who obsess over and cry and truly mourn like the celebrity was a loved one. Nothing wrong remembering people who are famous but, there's a fine line there between mourning and insanity 

Not your fault. There are deep seated resentments that manifest themselves here from time to time. They go back years. Doesn't take much for them to resurface on the strangest topics, 

7 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Here's the thing, you do comment on many of these, scroll back a couple of pages and there is a comment about **** Butkus,  ECW/WCW wrestling and addiction and alcoholism. You participate as much as anyone so stop being a hypocrite and stop suggesting it should be shut down and no one should talk about these things. You avail yourself of the freedoms to chat here, why suggest that others shouldn't?

Of course I do as the thread exists. So, if I feel inclined I will comment. Like I did for Butkus. Why wouldn't I? 

On 2023-08-10 at 12:40 PM, iHeart said:

oh man I'll bet they didn't even start recording any dialogue for the revival (an insider says he did but didn't complete it)

https://tvline.com/news/johnny-hardwick-dead-king-of-the-hill-dale-gribble-cause-of-death-1235026537/

we now have four characters with their voice actors being dead with Khan possibly being recast

I kind of wish we had a time jump in the show where Bobby has aged a bit so he would be in High School (no need to worry about recasting Principal Moss) or about to graduate even Hank and Peggy have empty nest dreams dancing in their head only for Luanne and Lucky to die suddenly or there was an incident that would have little Gracie taken away from them and so Hank and Peggy gains custody of her and Hank loses his den again.....and now for the Dale situation, they could say he's in jail for something Qanon or Gun related, or he could have been diagnosed with Lung Cancer (considering that Dale was a heavy smoker on the show)

I feel kind of bad for the developers right now because they have a bit of a headache, I know my way of shaping the series is a bad idea an idea my dad probably wouldn't like (he watches the show frequently on Adult Swim)

https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/03/king-of-the-hill-johnny-hardwick-cause-of-death-body-decomposed/

so...what if he got into an accident while he was high that led to his death, oh jeez he only weighed 100 pounds when he died?

16 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Good people.  RIP Mrs Carter 

On 2023-11-09 at 12:29 PM, iHeart said:

why did TMZ wait a day after the announcement to post it on the site?

https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/09/olivia-viral-dog-duo-hammy-dead-dies-kidney-emergency/

Cuz it's a dog known by a small segment of the population? I mean whatever but is a dog that most ppl probably didn't know existed a star? I mean, whatever right but surely this thread should be for humans. I mean let's be real, the last dog ppl actually knew who was truly famous? Comet from full house and then b4 him, lassie (b4 My time) 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

I actually did just see something on twitter when he was being interviewed he was asked...well I think I'll let the tweet speak for itself

Yes he's been to Winnipeg.  I met him randomly.  I Have a pic of us. Both him and his wife were solid good normal ppl.