The RIP 2023 Thread

TrueBlue4ever

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Thank you. I appreciate the insight. Yes, my Dad was certainly different. A heckuva nice guy who'd leave his family hanging with no money. Still dealing with things today, unfortunately. Man, I've climbed more than a few high mountains & deep valleys in my lifetime. Very painful dealing with anger issues. depression, little patience & lack of self confidence. Also trust. I've had issues all my school & then working life with authority figures. I just had a hard time trusting anyone who was my teacher or boss. I've been fired more than once for insubordination. I've tried to get help but it's so hard to find a psychologist to talk things out. I'd like to know why the way I am even at my age. Still trying to be a better person for my family. Anyway, back to the thread here. 

Adult children of alcoholic parent(s):
          Guess at what normal behaviour is

• Lie when it would be just as easy to tell the truth

Judge themselves without mercy

Have difficulty having fun

Take themselves very seriously

Have difficulty with intimate relationships (trust)

Overreact to changes over which they have no control

Constantly seek approval and affirmation

Feel that they're different from other people

Are super responsible or super irresponsible

Are extremely loyal, even in the face of evidence that the loyalty is undeserved

Are impulsive

May tend to lock themselves in a course of action without giving serious consideration to alternative behaviours or possible consequences.

Their impulsivity or riigid thinking can lead to confusion, self-loathing, and loss of control over their environment. In addition, the person spends an excessive amount of energy cleaning up the mess.

• Moreover, there are a set of behviours that arise in men who have grown up without an appropriate father figure. I can post those if requested.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This year... Ugh.

My mother listened to Roger Whittaker often as I grew up. So, naturally, Roger was a big musical inspiration. Probably one of the reasons I love singer-songwriters so much. 

I took my mother and grandmother to see him at the Concert Hall in the early 2000s. I was so choked to get third row centre seats. Me, late 20s, and all the blue-hairs. 

RIP Roger. 

17 hours ago, JCon said:

This year... Ugh.

My mother listened to Roger Whittaker often as I grew up. So, naturally, Roger was a big musical inspiration. Probably one of the reasons I love singer-songwriters so much. 

I took my mother and grandmother to see him at the Concert Hall in the early 2000s. I was so choked to get third row centre seats. Me, late 20s, and all the blue-hairs. 

RIP Roger. 

I learned to whistle because of him.

On 2023-09-18 at 2:49 PM, JCon said:

This year... Ugh.

RIP Roger. 

He had a phenomenal voice. 

25 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I thought she already passed away maybe I was thinking about the woman that replaced her

https://deadline.com/2023/10/phyllis-coates-dead-1235571420/

Starred in one 1994 episode of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, in which she played the mother of Teri Hatcher’s Lois Lane. <-Cool

On 2023-10-14 at 6:50 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm sure there was more than one qb or halfback who filled his pants knowing Butkus would be there to "greet"him as soon as he crossed the LOS. Or came hard on a blitz. 

Filled his pants and came hard. If I didn't know better I'd say it was prob a tight innuendo 

On 2023-10-15 at 2:43 PM, iHeart said:

That's unfortunate 

First Jack, now Chrissy, hide Janet cuz we all know threes company 

Lil bit of comedy there 

On 2023-10-15 at 2:43 PM, iHeart said:

Natural ingredients. What is our body really made of? Wanna avoid cancer and disease? Dr Sebi 

Edited by Goalie