2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Wilder released by the Elks.

“9 months ago I signed as one of the highest paid RBs in the game coming off a MVP season. This season I broke my neck and was told I need spinal surgery to play. Now (the Edmonton Elks) have no interest no more and I was told that I’m being released with the neck injury and all! Sheeesh!”

https://3downnation.com/2022/12/04/running-back-james-wilder-jr-says-hes-been-released-by-elks-after-suffering-broken-neck-in-2022/

Coming off an MVP season?

Team MVP on a horrific team? 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

I feel a spell of crocodile tears coming on.

"It’s unfortunate, I didn’t have my best year and there’s no excuses for that,” said Fajardo.

THEN PROCEEDS TO MAKE EXCUSES.

“I just wish I would have taken some time off, maybe a game or two, and then just get back to 100 percent and go out there feeling like myself again. The COVID game didn’t help me at all, either. My knee, it helped a little bit but … I lost a lot of weight that I was carrying that can help protect me taking hits.”

FFS. Worst. Attitude. Ever. 

I dont recall a team leader ever, making so many excuses and poor me, and blah blah...

I never want this guy near our team unless he's being driven in to the turf via QB sack.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

and the “thanks but no thanks” just keep coming!

at this rate theyre going to have to start scouring the high school ranks

49 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

"9 months ago I signed as one of the highest paid RBs in the game coming off a MVP season" would suggest that yes, he's talking about 2021

Or is he talking about some minor league football success during the COVID lockout year.  Like he was some standout for the Cucamonga Grapestompers.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

Or is he talking about some minor league football success during the COVID lockout year.  Like he was some standout for the Cucamonga Grapestompers.

well, if he had signed a new contract in 2022, then coming off an MVP season would mean 2021 unless he hadn't played that year.  English is hard, but it's not that hard...

4 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I saw this coming when Rourke wept into Burnhams arms after the West final. I think he felt bad for not helping Burnham to a cup before retiring. 

http://Lions receiver Burnham retires after eight-year career https://www.tsn.ca/1.1889437

He had a good career. Always had a lot of respect for his game and wanted him as a Bomber for many years. 

23 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

He had a good career. Always had a lot of respect for his game and wanted him as a Bomber for many years. 

Yup big hit for the Lions. Even though he was an enemy he was a great player and a guy I would have always wanted in Blue and Gold! Great career for him. 

20 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

He's the best pass catcher (not only best hands, but hand-eye/contortionist) I've ever seen.

Definitely up there and always played the right way and came across as a good guy. 

Congrats on a great career- wish he came here in 2021, but cool he played his whole career with BC. 

The league needs player stability like that. 

Will always remember our home game vs. BC in the great 2016 turnaround season. 

Nichols was in peak form -- he caught a TD pass from Rory Kohlert!  Denmark was continuing his great comeback season, Fogg and Leggett were making big plays all over the field.

We won, but BC gave us a hell of a game, largely because Burnham played ludicrous.  He put 200 yards on us that day, we could not deal with him.  Just dominating.

Good luck to him with his next chapter.

4 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Will always remember our home game vs. BC in the great 2016 turnaround season. 

Nichols was in peak form -- he caught a TD pass from Rory Kohlert!  Denmark was continuing his great comeback season, Fogg and Leggett were making big plays all over the field.

We won, but BC gave us a hell of a game, largely because Burnham played ludicrous.  He put 200 yards on us that day, we could not deal with him.  Just dominating.

Good luck to him with his next chapter.

Pretty sure that was the year we were putting a beating on B.C. in the playoff game until momentum switched when Loffler decimated Burnham and B.C. went on a run and we decided to kick a long field goal instead of go for it on 3rd and 5! Fun year, disappointing result.