2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Weineke had a down year as a receiver. He might be available on the cheap. 

Idk we've been pretty good drafting receivers lately. Sure he's a known commodity, but if we can find more rookies to replace outgoing receivers like Schoen, why pay a premium when we can pay less on a hungry rookie?

Congrats to Coach Dyce, a true Manitoba product. Came up in the Winnipeg minor football system, to the Bisons, then Bombers and now this. Fantastic news. HIs son coaches in BC right now, but I'd be curious to see if he moves east to coach with the old man...

this makes me giggle a bit because Ballsy was so convinced that he was coming and bringing BLM with him....

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this makes me giggle a bit because Ballsy was so convinced that he was coming and bringing BLM with him....

His master plan is not off to a great start...  

1) Lure Mueller away from a successful team for a dumpster fire.

2) BLM will sign because he already bought a house in Regina.

3) Wave a magic wand and fix the O-Line.

4) Go the the receiver store and pick up a couple cheap, fast ones (the ability to catch is not a requirement).

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Congrats to Coach Dyce, a true Manitoba product. Came up in the Winnipeg minor football system, to the Bisons, then Bombers and now this. Fantastic news. HIs son coaches in BC right now, but I'd be curious to see if he moves east to coach with the old man...

Another Ballsy guarantee!

Darts GIF | Gfycat

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

I hope he is successful, I've never met someone that I felt deserved to succeed more.

Deserving means nothing. The coaching road is strewn with the bodies of nice guys who couldn't cut it. I'm not a fan of this choice as Dyce as an interim coach for the Riders & RedBlacks never really made a difference to show he deserved the permanent role with Ottawa. i think Mark Washington should have been given the role. The RedBlacks are just a rudderless team. It'll be interesting to see who comes in to fill the role of OC to coach Massoli or will he keep Will Arndt in the role? 

7 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Idk we've been pretty good drafting receivers lately. Sure he's a known commodity, but if we can find more rookies to replace outgoing receivers like Schoen, why pay a premium when we can pay less on a hungry rookie?

How many Dalton Schoen's come along? One every 20 years? If anything Weineke will come cheaper on a 1 year deal to prove his last season performance was a down year fluke. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Deserving means nothing. The coaching road is strewn with the bodies of nice guys who couldn't cut it. I'm not a fan of this choice as Dyce as an interim coach for the Riders & RedBlacks never really made a difference to show he deserved the permanent role with Ottawa. i think Mark Washington should have been given the role. The RedBlacks are just a rudderless team. It'll be interesting to see who comes in to fill the role of OC to coach Massoli or will he keep Will Arndt in the role? 

But being interm coach of a team that was bad enough to fire their coach.... what do we really expect out of guys in that situation?

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But being interm coach of a team that was bad enough to fire their coach.... what do we really expect out of guys in that situation?

Not much. Maybe pull out a victory over a team they were supposed to lose to. Seeing a spark on the field with a new HC. Improved play. Anything to show even a little improvement. Didn't see any of that in Ottawa under Dyce.

I think the injury to Massoli really threw an anchor around the entire organization from management to coaches to players. The "Why Me" syndrome. Why? Why? Why???? The entire organization was like it fell into a team depression. LaPo just couldn't do anything about it. Or couldn't motivate his players to overcome it. Maybe the malaise was so entrenched that even Mike O'Shea wouldn't to have been able to overcome it, let alone Dyce. Anyway, good luck to him. I hope he is successful.