2022/2023 Off-Season (League/Non-Bombers-specific News)

Noeller

9 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Only way they are getting some one with experience as an oc is if that person has sights set on taking the hc gig half way through next year. And that locker room is such a dumpster fire no one wants that. 

Except that the GM is also a lame duck, so the new GM will start from scratch next year anyway.

With no QB, and a shitty OL, the only OC they're going to get is a new candidate like their RB coach who has nothing to lose.

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

Except that the GM is also a lame duck, so the new GM will start from scratch next year anyway.

With no QB, and a shitty OL, the only OC they're going to get is a new candidate like their RB coach who has nothing to lose.

Well..So far Jeffrey is the only one who hasn't given a hard no to the Riders, so like you say..OC by default. In fact that is how I will refer to him. Default Jeffery..or DJ for short.

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

On paper, things really looking up for the RBs. If they have a good FA and draft, things could turn around. Gonna be tough for anyone to pry Mauldin out of there now, I'd reckon... 

I thought Benevides defense played very well last season. It was the offense that was putrid. They couldn't get first downs, maintain drives & score. 

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I thought Benevides defense played very well last season. It was the offense that was putrid. They couldn't get first downs, maintain drives & score. 

Agreed.  The kept the Bombers close for most of 2 games, and some other good teams as well.

55 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Dyce looks to be building a good staff. Hope they can turn it around next year.

My concern is that they will need to be patient, much like MOS arrived here. They will need some time to assemble all the pieces on the field, not sure it can be done in one or even 2 off seasons.

I feel a spell of crocodile tears coming on.

Wilder released by the Elks.

“9 months ago I signed as one of the highest paid RBs in the game coming off a MVP season. This season I broke my neck and was told I need spinal surgery to play. Now (the Edmonton Elks) have no interest no more and I was told that I’m being released with the neck injury and all! Sheeesh!”

https://3downnation.com/2022/12/04/running-back-james-wilder-jr-says-hes-been-released-by-elks-after-suffering-broken-neck-in-2022/

21 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I feel a spell of crocodile tears coming on.

Someone needs a hug!