Still love this team

Blue_Dragoon

58 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah I just chuckle at the crider fans tweeting/posting about how this is the start of the end for the MOS bombers lol. "The luck has finally run out" ect etc. It's going to be really funny watching as the Bombers continue to **** kick them next year.

ask them if they wish they were "lucky" enough to be the winningest team over the past six seasons with 2 grey cups to show for it... based on history, in another 200 years or so... they might catch the Bombers current GC total

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

the media is already calling this the end of he dynasty... do they know Collaros is under contract for 3 more years?... do they know O'Shea and most of the core will be back for at least another year or two... with the exception of maybe Bighill, most players on this team still have a few good years in them... and Bighill is such a freak athlete, he might still be productive in to his mid and late 30s... this thing is far from over

Is 3 championships in 4 years still a dynasty?... how about 4 in 5... 

I was about as angry/upset as I've been in years after that game Sunday night... just coming back to MBB now for the first time since Sunday... and now I want nothing more than next season to start so we can start to kick some ass again...

It really is hilarious. 

This team will be even more hungry and dialled in next year. 

Plus, you know Kenny is coming home 

57 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

It really is hilarious. 

This team will be even more hungry and dialled in next year. 

Plus, you know Kenny is coming home 

I really do not see the need for Lawler, as good as he is. Our receivers, even without Ellingson for most of the year, were as good as any in the league and not the reason we lost the Cup. We even have the promising Brendan O'Leary-Orange. Lawler would be nice, but not a priority.

38 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

I think MBT retires. He isn’t going to Regina if his wife is making fat Marvel money.

That place is for desperate players on their last chance. 

The key factor is playing to his ego and offering to run the offense around him. He clearly didn’t like dimwiddies offense. 

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Evans is lucky to be starting anywhere......yeah Regina is a good fit

If Dominque Davis is still kicking around evans has about 10 more years worth of chances. I think Edmonton, Montreal, the riders and the rbs are all possibilities as a no2. 

34 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I really do not see the need for Lawler, as good as he is. Our receivers, even without Ellingson for most of the year, were as good as any in the league and not the reason we lost the Cup. We even have the promising Brendan O'Leary-Orange. Lawler would be nice, but not a priority.

If Schoen bolts for the NFL, Lawler would be a real nice replacement.  Bailey and Ellingson appear to be free agents after this year -- the signing stories I see talk about them both signing single-year deals prior to this season.

6 minutes ago, johnzo said:

If Schoen bolts for the NFL, Lawler would be a real nice replacement.  Bailey and Ellingson appear to be free agents after this year -- the signing stories I see talk about them both signing single-year deals prior to this season.

You have to be willing to play a little bit of moneyball with budgets so tight.  If Schoen does stick down South, then having Lawler back would be great.  If Schoen is back, how much can you pay a guy (Lawler) to share the ball with other dynamic players knowing that money could be going to areas of greater need.

Edited by Wideleft

I'm not going to rewatch that **** but my takeaway from Sunday is that Toronto found ways to get pressure on Collaros that he couldn't cope with -- they dialed up some excellent pressure in the 4th quarter with delayed blitzing that got home. Normally in the 4Q our OL goes fortress mode, but the Argos found the cracks.  Credit to Corey Mace and their D for that. 

I don't think Collaros was 100%.  That missed throw to Ellingson, he's made that throw dozens of times as a Bomber.  I think he was well enough to play, but not to play well.  I wonder if that influenced the playcalling, if Collaros' injury shortened the Bomber playbook?

Edited by johnzo

Lawler in 2021 - 13 Games Played, 1024 yards - 6 TDs -    Average of 78.7 yards per game - 0.46 TDs per game

Schoen in 2022 - 18 Games Played, 1441 yards - 16 TDs - Average of 80.1 yards per game - 0.89 TDs per game --> In his rookie year.

Lawler had yet to play a full season.

Is Lawler the best receiver in the game?

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

he's arguably the best receiver in the game.... every team needs him.

There's only one of him.  It doesn't work that way.  Every team needs a Stove, a Ward, a Lewis and a Stanback too.

What we NEED is an interior D-lineman who can plug up the middle, get sacks and take the double-teams off the Jeff's.  If signing Lawler gets in the way of that, then I'm ok with not having him.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

saying we don't need Lawler back is asinine. Also, I would be SHOCKED if Sheed wasn't back next year. 

We don’t need him, but he would be damn nice. Especially if schoen bolts. I fully expect Sheed back as well. 

17 minutes ago, Rich said:

Lawler in 2021 - 13 Games Played, 1024 yards - 6 TDs -    Average of 78.7 yards per game - 0.46 TDs per game

Schoen in 2022 - 18 Games Played, 1441 yards - 16 TDs - Average of 80.1 yards per game - 0.89 TDs per game --> In his rookie year.

Lawler had yet to play a full season.

Is Lawler the best receiver in the game?

Lawler is the best 50/50 guy in the league. No  One else is half as good at mossing dbs. Is schoen better? I think so. But he also benefited from a primary passing offense vs much more of a run offense when lawler was here. 

if we lost ellingson but kept schoen and got lawler back with Sheed demski and woli that’d be the best wr core since we had milt geroy and aj3. With depth un matched. Boo is legit af mcg is going to be a nightmare in his sophomore year. Yes please bring lawler home. 

Edited by wbbfan