Still love this team

Blue_Dragoon

In our first Cup win, Collaros was not lighting it up, and Streveler came in at exactly  the right moment to run the ball with such authority that the TiCats had to respect that option and hug the line of scrimmage. But it was his running that was the major factor in that win. Prukop has never been a pinpoint passer in the CFL and was brought in specifically to run in critical situations, not pass. If the intended receiver was 10 yards behind the nearest defender, then maybe throw the pass. We will likely never know whose boneheaded decision it was to try that disastrous pass. Even if Prokop ad-libbed it, O'Shea will never state that publicly. or even if it was Buck's idea. Win as a team, lose as a team, but if Prukop is released in the off-season, we will know.

12 hours ago, Tracker said:

In our first Cup win, Collaros was not lighting it up, and Streveler came in at exactly  the right moment to run the ball with such authority that the TiCats had to respect that option and hug the line of scrimmage. But it was his running that was the major factor in that win. Prukop has never been a pinpoint passer in the CFL and was brought in specifically to run in critical situations, not pass. If the intended receiver was 10 yards behind the nearest defender, then maybe throw the pass. We will likely never know whose boneheaded decision it was to try that disastrous pass. Even if Prokop ad-libbed it, O'Shea will never state that publicly. or even if it was Buck's idea. Win as a team, lose as a team, but if Prukop is released in the off-season, we will know.

The OC has to take responsibility for that play as he's the guy who sent in Prukop. So, it's all on Buck. However, as I've said & others agreed, one learns more from a single mistake on a play than 10 successful plays in a row as a coach. Buck will learn from it & be better for it. 

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The OC has to take responsibility for that play as he's the guy who sent in Prukop. So, it's all on Buck. However, as I've said & others agreed, one learns more from a single mistake on a play than 10 successful plays in a row as a coach. Buck will learn from it & be better for it. 

Of course that is true, for ALL coaches...even Lapo.

18 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Except that was a set play using the backup. Had Collaros been in, that would've likely signaled a "safer" call and another rush attempt on first down, instead of some seemingly complicated trick play with a higher likelihood to go wrong - which it did.

Collaros had a rough game and I don't think anyone is disputing that. That doesn't mean one should make piddly excuses for Prukop, though.

I don't give two figs whether Collaros, the two time defending MOP of our league, is having an off game or not IF we are going to call a play where a QB is taking a shot down the field at that point of time then it is incredibly stupid to not have ZC be the one taking that shot. We have watched ZC have poor games before only to make an incredible throw to close out his opponent.  For that reason, I simply refuse to believe that this was the primary read for that play and maintain that Prukop made a terrible read and decision.

Edited by GCn20