Still love this team

Blue_Dragoon

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Leggs was one of the best punters and KO kickers all season.... and his FG% was good, too. Blaming him is for simple minds.

Agree, but he has had unpredictable lapses off and on all season, and as many screwups at the rest of the team had, if he had done his job, we still would have won. He needs to be challenged at training camp next year. He is good, but not good enough.

21 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Agree, but he has had unpredictable lapses off and on all season, and as many screwups at the rest of the team had, if he had done his job, we still would have won. He needs to be challenged at training camp next year. He is good, but not good enough.

I 100% believe that the team will trust him to continue to develop. Any “challenge” will be in name only.

23 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Yet.  We've parted ways too soon with other kickers who have gone on to solid careers.

54 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We’ve had to go back to the darkness of the off season much worse off than this for sure. Doesn’t hurt like 01 cus we won 2 in a row. 

this is fair, but I definitely do feel a bit of 2001, in so much as it feels like it COULD be the beginning of the end of this run. I mean, we had to lose eventually, I guess, but I am so scarred from 28 years of not winning it all, that it's going to take a LOT longer than a 2 year run to erase the uneasy feeling of "here we go again..." 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

this is fair, but I definitely do feel a bit of 2001, in so much as it feels like it COULD be the beginning of the end of this run. I mean, we had to lose eventually, I guess, but I am so scarred from 28 years of not winning it all, that it's going to take a LOT longer than a 2 year run to erase the uneasy feeling of "here we go again..." 

yeah it’s got more than an ounce of the 01 feeling. As long as we continue to do what we’ve done to get here next year will be even better than this year. 

21 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

The difference between 2001 and now is the club actually has the money to keep it going. 

that's actually a good point.... Wade is as crucial to all this as Osh/Walters are. He's willing to spend to create a winner. I suppose the bitterness of losing this game will hopefully motivate the roster to be even better next year and not let it slip through their grasp.

At the end of the day, despite all the drama, angst and hyperbole, it was just a game. I have two members of my extended family currently in hospital fighting for their lives and I have followed the Bombers for about 50 years but we do need keep a perspective. For some, there will not be a next year.

20 minutes ago, Tracker said:

At the end of the day, despite all the drama, angst and hyperbole, it was just a game. I have two members of my extended family currently in hospital fighting for their lives and I have followed the Bombers for about 50 years but we do need keep a perspective. For some, there will not be a next year.

We wish them the best.

28 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Wishing your family members a speedy recovery. I had my 3 year old grandson in Childrens'  ER for the game yesterday, asthma and this stupid flu suck.

It's a team game, and almost all facets of the team played well below the standard we have come to expect.

I'd like to take a moment and thank all a ya'll for another great season!

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

always the voice of sober second thought........thank you Bob (always...)

Bob Irving: ever the voice of the reason.

And silver lining: this should really motivate the team in 2023 to step up once more and show everyone why the Blue Bombers are the class of the CFL.

Oh, another thing: **** Toronto.

the media is already calling this the end of he dynasty... do they know Collaros is under contract for 3 more years?... do they know O'Shea and most of the core will be back for at least another year or two... with the exception of maybe Bighill, most players on this team still have a few good years in them... and Bighill is such a freak athlete, he might still be productive in to his mid and late 30s... this thing is far from over

Is 3 championships in 4 years still a dynasty?... how about 4 in 5... 

I was about as angry/upset as I've been in years after that game Sunday night... just coming back to MBB now for the first time since Sunday... and now I want nothing more than next season to start so we can start to kick some ass again...

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Bob Irving: ever the voice of the reason.

And silver lining: this should really motivate the team in 2023 to step up once more and show everyone why the Blue Bombers are the class of the CFL.

Oh, another thing: **** Toronto.

To be fair, Bob dropped a lot of smack before ending on that "reasonable" tweet.

12 minutes ago, bearpants said:

the media is already calling this the end of he dynasty... do they know Collaros is under contract for 3 more years?... do they know O'Shea

Yeah we still have the top qb in the league under contract for 3 more years, have a 1000 yard young NI rb, one of the best OLs which will be back,  good receivers... and the best front office in the league and a culture that can't be beat. People writing the Bombers off are short sighted. I mean if that last kick goes through does that suddenly change anything about where this team is at?

55 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah I just chuckle at the crider fans tweeting/posting about how this is the start of the end for the MOS bombers lol. "The luck has finally run out" ect etc. It's going to be really funny watching as the Bombers continue to **** kick them next year.

For a group of stubblejumpers who all claim to despise the Bombers and Winnipeg, they sure love talking about them.