Pre-West Final Thread: Bombers Updates

Noeller

12 hours ago, Dodge and Burn said:

I'm kinda super worried about stopping the stamps run game...

Carey got worse with each game against us this year.  110 yards the 1st game, 92 yards the next and 62 yards in the last game.

If we contain him the way we did in the last game, it's not going to be an issue.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I would think he wouldn't either...but who knows what Osh is thinking...he does make odd roster moves...some with no point or usefulness at all...we shall see

I think we might carry more dbs than we’ve seen from him before. 
 It’ll be interesting to see what we do at wil. I think we might see the ni lber pack in the starting rotation again.  

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I think we might carry more dbs than we’ve seen from him before. 
 It’ll be interesting to see what we do at wil. I think we might see the ni lber pack in the starting rotation again.  

I think we'll have a normal number of DB's but will keep Adams on along with Walker and Sayles.

A little worried they'll keep McCrae on over a defensive player but they usually beef up the DL for playoffs.

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think we'll have a normal number of DB's but will keep Adams on along with Walker and Sayles.

A little worried they'll keep McCrae on over a defensive player but they usually beef up the DL for playoffs.

Mcrae been on roster pretty much most of year...and serves a great purpose in our offence....personally I dont want to see him sat for a guy who may get minimal snaps...if any...or snaps that basically wont have impact on game save for rotation....

38 minutes ago, Booch said:

Mcrae been on roster pretty much most of year...and serves a great purpose in our offence....personally I dont want to see him sat for a guy who may get minimal snaps...if any...or snaps that basically wont have impact on game save for rotation....

If we carry one back up ol Clements out for an imp db Gmac stays on and we don’t lose a dl. 
 It actually wouldn’t be too bad to go with only one of adams and walker too since sayles has gotten a lot better on the edge lawson is good inside and we haven’t been rotating guys a lot. I think we will see a lot of jj and Wj. 

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If we carry one back up ol Clements out for an imp db Gmac stays on and we don’t lose a dl. 
 It actually wouldn’t be too bad to go with only one of adams and walker too since sayles has gotten a lot better on the edge lawson is good inside and we haven’t been rotating guys a lot. I think we will see a lot of jj and Wj. 

Bread and butter for this team has been rotating lots of bodies on the dl, and last game with all of adams Jefferson and Jeffcoat was super effective.  Don't want to see them get away from what works.

On 2022-11-06 at 8:01 PM, 17to85 said:

Bread and butter for this team has been rotating lots of bodies on the dl, and last game with all of adams Jefferson and Jeffcoat was super effective.  Don't want to see them get away from what works.

It was the bread and butter last year. Hasn’t been this year. We’ve only had the bodies to do it maybe two weeks. Adams saw single digit reps in the first half. Wj and jj played the huge portion of reps. 

Edited by wbbfan

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It was the bread and butter last year. Hasn’t been this year. We’ve only had the bodies to do it maybe two weeks. Adams saw single digit reps in the first half. Wj and jj played the huge portion of reps. 

We havnt really done it at all this yr like last when we were totally dominant...we rolled out the Jeff's...hansen and Kongbo.. sayles...stove and Thomas..and at times 8 guys on roster

On 2022-11-06 at 6:40 PM, Booch said:

McCrae will likely have less reps though.  If we have all the receivers back he’ll only be returning kickoffs which we won’t have much of.

I’d rather have the full DL rotation for a game where pass rush could likely be a deciding factor.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

What am I missing with that tweet?

Honestly, I think the Lions are kidding...they know that people are going to laugh at them playing around in the ocean rather than practicing in the cold to get ready. They're trying to show they're in on the joke. But seriously......they're going to be in for a rude awakening come Sunday because they just don't have any way to prepare for the weather unless they come to Winnipeg early to prep, which obviously they won't be doing...

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Honestly, I think the Lions are kidding...they know that people are going to laugh at them playing around in the ocean rather than practicing in the cold to get ready. They're trying to show they're in on the joke. But seriously......they're going to be in for a rude awakening come Sunday because they just don't have any way to prepare for the weather unless they come to Winnipeg early to prep, which obviously they won't be doing...

It's plus 5. It's not really cold. The 2cms of snow we got is going away. They got more snow in Kelowna than we did. Minus 5 high Sunday. It could change 5 times tho... 

The weather is being way way overblown.  Western Canada in November. Minus 5? Maybe snow but maybe not at all? 

Farhan will die tho 

Somebody start a What will Farhan be wearing on the sidelines in minus 5 weather thread 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Am I imagining this, or did Stove say a reason for signing with BC was due to the climate?

I wonder if he’ll be on the sidelines for the game?

someone here (Mike maybe?) said that was apparently a reason. That he was huddled by the heater throughout playoff games last year. Players who play in BC are soft as soft can be. 

Sun and Cloud Mix, High -7 for Sunday, and possible windchill....? That's cold enough, for sure. Not sure about you guys, but we'll be in full ice fishing gear for that one, just to be sure. I would think they're probably not out on the ocean in that weather in Vancouver....

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

someone here (Mike maybe?) said that was apparently a reason. That he was huddled by the heater throughout playoff games last year. Players who play in BC are soft as soft can be. 

Sun and Cloud Mix, High -7 for Sunday, and possible windchill....? That's cold enough, for sure. Not sure about you guys, but we'll be in full ice fishing gear for that one, just to be sure. I would think they're probably not out on the ocean in that weather in Vancouver....

I don’t mind the weather testing some players mettle, but I can’t stand it when the weather tremendously increases the importance of the coin toss. Let the players decide the outcome,  not some crappy gale force wind (and I’ll throw in the refs as well - let the players play and don’t make it about you. Command central do your job as it’s intended to do.) :)

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah - they can laugh about it now, but it won’t be funny Sunday.