Weak (week) 15 Non Back-to-Back Champions games

Geebrr

40 minutes ago, Tracker said:

And many need to know that you can struggle with mental health and still function well in a competitive career.

Everybody struggles with mental health. I don't need to hear of a cfl qb struggling with it to know I can still function. Like I applaud him and all but, it seems his mental health problems are based on wins and losses 

Edited by Goalie

48 minutes ago, Mark F said:

that makes no sense. 

need competitive teams, or there wont be a league, or a bomber team for you to follow.

hope ticats have a **** qb. then complain cause nobody goes to their games, and the cfl has financial problems.

If they can't sell out Canada life center plus the MANITOBA bison hockey rink combined for football.... **** em. 

Imagine we had a 20k seat football stadium... the waiting list would be 50 years long 

Edited by Goalie

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Everybody struggles with mental health. I don't need to hear of a cfl qb struggling with it to know I can still function. Like I applaud him and all but, it seems his mental health problems are based on wins and losses 

First world problems. 

As per usual, TSN takes a feel good  story, runs with it & never stops talking about it. They make it sound like Dane Evans overcame a mountain to win that game against the Bombers & that his career will now take off as a starter. Because they constantly talked about it & the Bomber defense gave TSN some pretty good material & made Evans into some kind of hero.

They continued to do that last night in the first half vs the Als when Evans was "on fire" again. When the Als pulled ahead & won, it was funny how Rob & Matty had stopped talking about it. It wasn't relevant anymore.

Now before anyone else says I'm insensitive & my comments are "disgusting" , I'm just going to say that Cody Fajardo suffers from a lot of the same things that Evans does emotionally. Yet some of the same posters here who praise Evans for his courage are the same ones who mock & laugh at Fajardo when he fails & melts down on the field. Or say that he's a whiner when he complains. Only because he's a Rider.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

First world problems. 

As per usual, TSN takes a feel good  story, runs with it & never stops talking about it. They make it sound like Dane Evans overcame a mountain to win that game against the Bombers & that his career will now take off as a starter. Because they constantly talked about it & the Bomber defense gave TSN some pretty good material & made Evans into some kind of hero.

They continued to do that last night in the first half vs the Als when Evans was "on fire" again. When the Als pulled ahead & won, it was funny how Rob & Matty had stopped talking about it. It wasn't relevant anymore.

Now before anyone else says I'm insensitive & my comments are "disgusting" , I'm just going to say that Cody Fajardo suffers from a lot of the same things that Evans does emotionally. Yet some of the same posters here who praise Evans for his courage are the same ones who mock & laugh at Fajardo when he fails & melts down on the field. Or say that he's a whiner when he complains. Only because he's a Rider.

Fajardo is not the same as Evans- he presents as emotionally fragile and given to blaming everyone else for his failings. 

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Fajardo is not the same as Evans- he presents as emotionally fragile and given to blaming everyone else for his failings. 

He’s just honest about his feelings.

It is very similar and people should extend more grace to him as a human being - but there is a giant chasm between that and rubbing into an opposing team/fan base.

43 minutes ago, Jesse said:

He’s just honest about his feelings.

It is very similar and people should extend more grace to him as a human being - but there is a giant chasm between that and rubbing into an opposing team/fan base.

There is a big difference between asking for support and asking for sympathy. If someone is so emotionally fragile that they cannot rebound from setbacks, then they should not be in the public eye.

hate hate hate seeing a receiver running horizontally after they make a catch three yards behind the first-down stick.  Behar got away with it, but still...

some sweet sack dancing from the rouge et noir but shocked that TSN reran it like six times given how crotchy it was.

Rod and Matty .. best CFL broadcast team.

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What on earth was that all about Lapo?? TSN pans to a RedBlack fan throwing out the middle finger. Lol.

As he was looking at his playlist. :)

Reminded me of the whole Tim Burke era and Goltz taking a knee to go to OT rather than take a shot for the end zone. And Rich's brother being heard on TV yelling "take a knee!" in the OT lol. I feel for Ottawa's fans right now.

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

hate hate hate seeing a receiver running horizontally after they make a catch three yards behind the first-down stick.  Behar got away with it, but still...

some sweet sack dancing from the rouge et noir but shocked that TSN reran it like six times given how crotchy it was.

Rod and Matty .. best CFL broadcast team.

That dance just might be the highlight of the game.

43 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Arbuckle continues to show all the signs of looking like a competent quarterback without actually being one.

You can fool all of the people some of the time....

37 minutes ago, Mark F said:

think we will be hearing the boos soon.

cant see lapolice being in ottawa next season.

how about buck.... prmoted to headcoach somewhere....

Lapo.... Back in Blue!

😂

Yeah, LaPolice hasn't got whatever it takes to be a good head coach and needs to be given the sack, but he has had a succession of bad quarterbacks and pretty thin talent overall.