Back 2 Back CHAMPS vs Stamps early chat

Nolby

22 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

There are teams who would sign Prokup pretty quick if we let him go. 

thats why I said earlier...we should move him for a late round pick...neg guy....even a PR guy...he serves no purpose here now other than prob consuming about 130...150k....didnt cost us anything so far this yr...or to obtain him...so anything in return is a win

1 minute ago, Booch said:

thats why I said earlier...we should move him for a late round pick...neg guy....even a PR guy...he serves no purpose here now other than prob consuming about 130...150k....didnt cost us anything so far this yr...or to obtain him...so anything in return is a win

I am on board with that. Releasing him, he definitely gets on somewhere. 

8 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Ack! Why is the game at 6?! I just assumed it was at 8

I watch all my Bomber games by PVR, even live ones. It allows me to do so much more in viewing the games, cuts out the commercials if I want, and lets me review certain plays ad infinitum. The PVR allows me to control my entertainment life in a very convenient way.

I just blocked all sports messages coming to my devices and voila. I tell my friends do not talk about certain things if I am watching them on a tape delayed basis. They comply or don't stay my friends.

Now if you're addicted to social media, I have nothing to say.

On 2022-07-27 at 3:39 PM, wbbfan said:

25k is the most by a few k? sad

The ;league needs to structure itself to be profitable at 20K attendance

Low attendance just begs the leagues long term marketing plan (the lack of wisdom and know how). We have an extremely amazing product for any one with even a pea sized football brain. We are amongst the most entertaining of all the sports choices on TV. The CFL needs to look at culture especially.

Edited by BigBlue

15 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

I watch all my Bomber games by PVR, even live ones. It allows me to do so much more in viewing the games, cuts out the commercials if I want, and lets me review certain plays ad infinitum. The PVR allows me to control my entertainment life in a very convenient way.

I just blocked all sports messages coming to my devices and voila. I tell my friends do not talk about certain things if I am watching them on a tape delayed basis. They comply or don't stay my friends.

Now if you're addicted to social media, I have nothing to say.

u sound like me for the games I don't attend live...though I chart things and watch for certain things for training of recruits and draft eligible players for winter camps...so prob watch every bomber game 3 or 4 times, and most league ones a couple

43 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

Low attendance just begs the leagues long term marketing plan (the lack of wisdom and know how). We have an extremely amazing product for any one with even a pea sized football brain. We are amongst the most entertaining of all the sports choices on TV. The CFL needs to look at culture especially.

The word marketing in the same sentence with the CFL is an oxymoron. I honestly think they've given up. Why is it next to impossible to buy an actual game helmet? I can order any NFL team through their Football HOF website store. CFL, nope. I might be able to order a helmet through Bomber equipment mgr Brad Fotty if he chooses to help me. If he says no then I'm SOL. Why so ******* hard??? Jerseys $229.00. No items for sale in major stores just in club stores at stadiums where you can only order that CFL city's team. No pocket schedules. No nothing. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

Honestly looking at the blue jays tv ratings the mls ratings and cfl tv ratings then looking at the difference in the values of those deals it’s striking how cheap tsn is with quality and price. 
 That said aiming for 20k attendance is too low. 20k should be viable but the league shouldn’t be built around that. 
 The cfl needs a competitive tv deal with a partner that will put effort into the product. 

League needs some quarterbacks.

Watching Montreal and Hamilton...they both only run offensive plays out of formations designed to pass the ball but none of the QB's on the field can pass.  It's excrutiating to watch.  At least in the past if you had a team that built a solid physical run game that could be entertaining, but we have all these teams spreading the field then QB's who can't throw so they just run little dump offs 4 yards at a time.

35 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Watching Montreal and Hamilton...they both only run offensive plays out of formations designed to pass the ball but none of the QB's on the field can pass.  It's excrutiating to watch.  At least in the past if you had a team that built a solid physical run game that could be entertaining, but we have all these teams spreading the field then QB's who can't throw so they just run little dump offs 4 yards at a time.

We also needed better coordinators. 

47 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Lack of quality QBs is certainly the main issue. With the NFL expanded rosters, the USFL & XFL the pickings are slim. 

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

We also needed better coordinators. 

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers. 

One thing other leagues are doing that the CFL could do to get ahead of things would be to have a league practice roster, basically another team of guys they pay to keep working and training in Canada with professional coaches working for the CFL.  I've never understood why the league hasn't really jumped on board with this aside from forcing teams to keep players from Mexico and Europe in house.  Would be a great way to develop Canadians, QB's and have a few Americans in other positions here waiting to be signed when teams get a rash of injuries or virus whatever.

Also a way to develop coaches!!!

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Lack of quality QBs is certainly the main issue. With the NFL expanded rosters, the USFL & XFL the pickings are slim. 

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers. 

The lack of offensive creativity and adaptability is a bigger one. Every one is trying to run the same offense and looking for the same qb. Teams aren’t making use of what’s available. 
 Teams and ocs are doing a poor job of developing young qbs from the edm dumpster fire to cf to Dane evans. 

if every team had good or better qbing and ran the same offenses as now attendance and ratings wouldn’t change. It’s not exciting or interesting game plans. The current target demographic that football attracts wants to see more of a high level chess match with a broadcast to match. They don’t want old homers in the press box (suitor, tsn) yelling at clouds while robots play checkers. 

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

Hallett at safety scares me to death. If Calgary can run the ball like they did last game against us, it will be play action over the top all day.

What the...?!?

Thompson out too????

What is happening this year?! Did Brady get everyone on the vegan diet?