Injury Report, Lineup Changes, Roster Moves

BigBlue

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I can see how you'd make that argument, because Schoen got his targets, but I think you could also argue that McCrae took Ellingson's role when he went out...

No, if you watch the recent mini video of Wolly and Schoen talking about their relationship. Schoen says that once Ellingson went down he took over his role. McRae took Schoens spot.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

No, if you watch the recent mini video of Wolly and Schoen talking about their relationship. Schoen says that once Ellingson went down he took over his role. McRae took Schoens spot.

thing is tho...Mcrae took Ellingson spot basically on the roster, and is a huge down grade receiver wise when we run 80 to 90% of our schemes...so yes a huge downgrade...Mcrae will still be used and on roster, and will serve the role he had when Ellingson was playing....and the fact now we will have both Schoen and Ellingson running from the slot, and various other spots is gonna make it real tough on defenses now, as u still have to consider Demski and Bailey, and clutch Woli

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

thing is tho...Mcrae took Ellingson spot basically on the roster, and is a huge down grade receiver wise when we run 80 to 90% of our schemes...so yes a huge downgrade...Mcrae will still be used and on roster, and will serve the role he had when Ellingson was playing....and the fact now we will have both Schoen and Ellingson running from the slot, and various other spots is gonna make it real tough on defenses now, as u still have to consider Demski and Bailey, and clutch Woli

It's a down grade on paper. But the results tell a different story. Mcrae didn't light it up, but I'd argue Schoen likely wouldn't have the yardage he has if Ellingson played the whole year. There are only so many plays to be made. 

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

It's a down grade on paper. But the results tell a different story. Mcrae didn't light it up, but I'd argue Schoen likely wouldn't have the yardage he has if Ellingson played the whole year. There are only so many plays to be made. 

well no doubt...same with when Woli went out..Bailey and Schoen benefitted big time...just the fact tho that we will have all the game 1 starters back, plus use Mcrae and BOLO gives our offence a huge boost, and will be tough to defend especially how BO has turned the corner and looks like AH 2.0 now

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

well no doubt...same with when Woli went out..Bailey and Schoen benefitted big time...just the fact tho that we will have all the game 1 starters back, plus use Mcrae and BOLO gives our offence a huge boost, and will be tough to defend especially how BO has turned the corner and looks like AH 2.0 now

Our receiving core is downright sick.....

thing is, offense hasn't really been a concern for awhile now.....so getting bodies back there is just kind of a bonus that we don't really NEED. It's on D that we could really use some help, because that's, arguably, been getting worse down the stretch....

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Mcrae will be the back up...as well as BOLO...they are all in sync and know their role...so u get Woli and Ellingson in for last game...and get them as many reps as u feel they need in certain sets and schemes...case closed...the beauty of our situation this yr, is that if/when we get to full health all our back ups, and some of their back ups have gotten a ton of reps, and we know what we have...we in a good spot

McRae and BOLO should be playing this week with Demski and Schoen having most of the game off.  Demski is still beat up and Schoen played the entire game last week, although he is battling with Rhymes for most yards receiving and may not want to sit at all.  B.O. is within 71 yds. of rushing for 1,000 and may want to reach that milestone as well.

9 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

McRae and BOLO should be playing this week with Demski and Schoen having most of the game off.  Demski is still beat up and Schoen played the entire game last week, although he is battling with Rhymes for most yards receiving and may not want to sit at all.  B.O. is within 71 yds. of rushing for 1,000 and may want to reach that milestone as well.

I'd like to see both those boys get the numbers they want, and then sit down.

Definitely want to see Ellingson, and to a lesser extent Woli get reps. And young Hallet.

I agree that if any of these 3 aren't 100% we'll probably find out, and I really don't want to find out in the WF .

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

thing is, offense hasn't really been a concern for awhile now.....so getting bodies back there is just kind of a bonus that we don't really NEED. It's on D that we could really use some help, because that's, arguably, been getting worse down the stretch....

Normally I would agree with you, however, not this year. Our offence fully stocked may score on every drive. Sounds too good to be true but we've had multiple games this has almost happened. There is no offence in this league that can come remotely close to doing that against our defence. Our defence, although not as dominant as last year or the year before, is still the best in the CFL at keeping teams from scoring. It will take 30+ points to beat our offence. I don't see it happening unless we take the day off.

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Bombers did play Ellingson one game when he came off the 6 game injured list,  Then took a hit & went right back on it again. For that reason, I'd keep him off the field until the Western Final. The guy is a 10 year vet. There won't be a lot of rust to knock off. 

He needs to get his game legs back. We don't necessarily have to heavily target him or anything but getting the legs and game speed back will be important to him.

37 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I'd like to see both those boys get the numbers they want, and then sit down.

Definitely want to see Ellingson, and to a lesser extent Woli get reps. And young Hallet.

I agree that if any of these 3 aren't 100% we'll probably find out, and I really don't want to find out in the WF .

For sure. We need to let them knock the rust off, take that first hit back and run around a bit at game speed.

7 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Could have been better though... If Lawler didn't get injured, we would have picked him up and then:

1. Lawler
  2. Ellingson
  3. Schoen
  4. Nic
  5. Woli

With Bailey, BOLO and Mcrae as back ups.  

Who do you cover as a d-coordinator?

Bring Dobson in as a TE for pass pro and you don't even need a running game.

We'd put up Rourke like numbers...

23 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Could have been better though... If Lawler didn't get injured, we would have picked him up and then:

1. Lawler
  2. Ellingson
  3. Schoen
  4. Nic
  5. Woli

With Bailey, BOLO and Mcrae as back ups.  

Who do you cover as a d-coordinator?

That could quite possibly next yrs unit, if Schoen is gone for a bit then its Lawler for him....if he says I could even still see that unit, as Ellingson likely comes back a lot cheaper...but possibly he's one and done here and we trot out Lawler, Demski, Bailey, Woli and Agudosi...good luck with that group as well...and Bolo and Mcrae subbing in

1 hour ago, Booch said:

That could quite possibly next yrs unit, if Schoen is gone for a bit then its Lawler for him....if he says I could even still see that unit, as Ellingson likely comes back a lot cheaper...but possibly he's one and done here and we trot out Lawler, Demski, Bailey, Woli and Agudosi...good luck with that group as well...and Bolo and Mcrae subbing in

Our only potential issue on offence next year is if more than one of our OL retires.

Just now, GCn20 said:

Our only potential issue on offence next year is if more than one of our OL retires.

not sure why people so fixated on that...the only one I see likely to do that is Bryant if we lose the Cup....if we win again...he will be back for part of the chance to go down as un utter dynasty and 4 in a row

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

He hasn't proven it yet, full season spent on the I.R.

he was brought here for a reason...and unfortunate got hurt in his start for Bryant last yr....time in the IR rehabbing is insignificant...Lofton has bounced around since 2017...and not locked down a job yet...he soley here as insurance until Richmond is 100%...and there is/was no reason to rush him...also...3 yrs younger..

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Bring Dobson in as a TE for pass pro and you don't even need a running game.

We'd put up Rourke like numbers...

Dobson isn’t good on the edge in pass pro. If kola stays at centre I’d put couture at te. Ideally though I’d have couture at c and in that package shift gray to te and Dobson to his guard spot. 

Edited by wbbfan

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Dobson isn’t good on the edge in pass pro. If kola stays at centre I’d put couture at te. Ideally though I’d have couture at c and in that package shift gray to te and Dobson to his guard spot. 

I don't think Kolankowski is going to be back anytime soon..... sounds like his knee is jagged. Hasn't practiced all week. Couture is C for sure, and Dobson will be the 6th man...